Nick Cave

Midnight Man

9 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Is Cave really going to have top tier though? Just curious what others think. 

I dunno. He always sells out 2 or 3 nights in london when he usually tours, but that's what, 12,000 or so? The o2 is 20,000 isnt it? Plus I reckon a few people we be put off by the shit venue and excessive ticket prices. And it's not like skeleton tree was a smash hit that will have gained him a load of new fans.

But then again, why book the o2 if you dont think you can fill the place, or at least get very close?

In short: no idea.

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

I dunno. He always sells out 2 or 3 nights in london when he usually tours, but that's what, 12,000 or so? The o2 is 20,000 isnt it? Plus I reckon a few people we be put off by the shit venue and excessive ticket prices. And it's not like skeleton tree was a smash hit that will have gained him a load of new fans.

But then again, why book the o2 if you dont think you can fill the place, or at least get very close?

In short: no idea.

I don't think Fat Boy used the top tier last year when he played.

I went to see Opeth at Wembley last year. They only had half the hall with the stage built in the middle. Was better and the sound was better but why the fuck they didn't just book Ally Pally or Hammersmith or Brixton I have no idea.

9 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I don't think Fat Boy used the top tier last year when he played.

I went to see Opeth at Wembley last year. They only had half the hall with the stage built in the middle. Was better and the sound was better but why the fuck they didn't just book Ally Pally or Hammersmith or Brixton I have no idea.

I've definitely been to gigs at the O2 where they don't use the top tier. The National and Suede both spring to mind. Seems a bit depressing compared to a full house at any of the three you mention, but there you go. 

FYI for those on O2, they're listing NC on the priority tickets page for Wednesday now:

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 12.37.38.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've definitely been to gigs at the O2 where they don't use the top tier. The National and Suede both spring to mind. Seems a bit depressing compared to a full house at any of the three you mention, but there you go. 

FYI for those on O2, they're listing NC on the priority tickets page for Wednesday now:

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 12.37.38.png

Ta for that.

A mate wants me to get a standing ticket so I'm tempted to get a ticket through Dice on the Friday and save booking fees..... but I suspect they will only have a few.

I'm leaning towards a seat though....... not sure!

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you're 100% sure your hernia will be gone by then then surely for cave you have to stand?

I was diagnosed with a hernia about 15 years ago, and on my doctors advice just left it. Never had a problem with it. It's only small mind. Supposedly a lot of people go through life having one without ever even knowing! I only noticed it because I lost weight off my stomach...

In Cave news, I'm seriously considering binning off the london gig and going somewhere exotic in europe...but if I do that I just know I'll miss Ms Torp. Or end up getting tickets for both gigs and end up being even more out of pocket...

8 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Is this just a hunch or has she been mentioned?

hunch based on nothing at all apart from the fact london always seems to get these kinds of events. Kylie at camden, gilmour with waters at the o2 etc

Though I note they are playing copenhagen on a Friday, I guess it's more likely she'd play there. I am tempted to go on the off-chance! Half day at work on the friday, cheap budget airline flight, hostel for the night..

Edited by russycarps

4 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you're 100% sure your hernia will be gone by then then surely for cave you have to stand?

I was thinking as most of it was Skeleton Tree I'd appreciate sitting.... plus there's my swallowing/reflux/whatever it is to contend with. But I shall probably stand!

4 hours ago, russycarps said:

I was diagnosed with a hernia about 15 years ago, and on my doctors advice just left it. Never had a problem with it. It's only small mind. Supposedly a lot of people go through life having one without ever even knowing! I only noticed it because I lost weight off my stomach...

I did think about just leaving it but it hurts like a bitch at times and does make it hard to stand come the end of a day. When I first noticed it it fucking HURT and if I didn't know better aid have thought I'd been stabbed. It's a lot calmer now but still uncomfortable and painful at least 40% of the time. Also when I'm seated and stand quickly it flares up a bit. It's weird. So my doctor wants to repair it and I've had my first consultation today - the consultant says I'm better off repairing it as I'm a lone worker and it's at risk of strangulating - he thinks it's a fairly large one and has recommended me for surgery and told me to try and lose weight (telling a guy who spent most of December not eating and has lost a stone already to lose weight :p) So I SHOULD be fine for Glasto AND cave assuming a) it gets done soon and b ) my reflux/swallowing/ whatever it is also gets sorted. Cave will be fine it's only 1 night but g..... 5 nights in a field not being able to eat properly...... 

Edited by mungo57

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

I was thinking as most of it was Skeleton Tree I'd appreciate sitting.... plus there's my swallowing/reflux/whatever it is to contend with. But I shall probably stand!

I did think about just leaving it but it hurts like a bitch at times and does make it hard to stand come the end of a day. When I first noticed it it fucking HURT and if I didn't know better aid have thought I'd been stabbed. It's a lot calmer now but still uncomfortable and painful at least 40% of the time. Also when I'm seated and stand quickly it flares up a bit. It's weird. So my doctor wants to repair it and I've had my first consultation today - the consultant says I'm better off repairing it as I'm a lone worker and it's at risk of strangulating - he thinks it's a fairly large one and has recommended me for surgery and told me to try and lose weight (telling a guy who spent most of December not eating and has lost a stone already to lose weight :p) So I SHOULD be fine for Glasto AND cave assuming a) it gets done soon and b ) my reflux/swallowing/ whatever it is also gets sorted. Cave will be fine it's only 1 night but g..... 5 nights in a field not being able to eat properly...... 

Wow ok that's a different matter entirely, definitely get that fixed! Good luck with the recovery mate.

11 hours ago, russycarps said:

Wow ok that's a different matter entirely, definitely get that fixed! Good luck with the recovery mate.

I was in so much pain last night I called 999 thinking I was fucked. Wouldn't go back in and went hard so I thought it strangulated. Managed to get it back in and pain went away so had to call back to tell them there was no need to cart me off to hospital :) def gonna nag my GP for a truss

11 hours ago, Mardy said:

Blimey Russy, 15 years? From Hernia to Eternity

*sorry*

Classic

Hernias can be brutal,  I got a hiatus hernia and I honestly thought i was having a heart attack,  pain was probably the worst ive ever experienced. Took a good year and trying shit loads of meds to recover from it,  endoscopys arent much fun either. 

After about two years I stopped taking meds and dont sudfer fron it anynore even though its still there.  

Edited by chatty

9 hours ago, chatty said:

Hernias can be brutal,  I got a hiatus hernia and I honestly thought i was having a heart attack,  pain was probably the worst ive ever experienced. Took a good year and trying shit loads of meds to recover from it,  endoscopys arent much fun either. 

After about two years I stopped taking meds and dont sudfer fron it anynore even though its still there.  

Tell me about endoscopy mate although the endoscopist doesn't think I have a hiatus hernia OR acid reflux.

if I do t have either of them things I guess it's Chris Walker syndrome (that's my real name in the outside world) making me not swallow correctly and all that's will waits til lol I've seen the doctor on Friday at the hospital

20 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Tell me about endoscopy mate although the endoscopist doesn't think I have a hiatus hernia OR acid reflux.

if I do t have either of them things I guess it's Chris Walker syndrome (that's my real name in the outside world) making me not swallow correctly and all that's will waits til lol I've seen the doctor on Friday at the hospital

Well I hope you find out.  Problems like that are usually alright once you know what they are and can treat them. 

It took a year to get diagnosed for me,  I nearly ran out of blood the amount of blood tests I had and being so I dont take needles too well that was a bit of a nightmare haha. 

I got suckered into doing the endoscopy with no anesthetic as well,  not a good choice by myself but apparently the staff got to go early because I was the last person booked in. 

Might be worth checking about helicobactor as well as I had that as well and medicating for that seemed to help a lot. 

3 hours ago, chatty said:

Well I hope you find out.  Problems like that are usually alright once you know what they are and can treat them. 

It took a year to get diagnosed for me,  I nearly ran out of blood the amount of blood tests I had and being so I dont take needles too well that was a bit of a nightmare haha. 

I got suckered into doing the endoscopy with no anesthetic as well,  not a good choice by myself but apparently the staff got to go early because I was the last person booked in. 

Might be worth checking about helicobactor as well as I had that as well and medicating for that seemed to help a lot. 

They've takenbiopsies for helicobacter but from my reading it doesn't cause swallowing problems..... I may still have reflux but if I do its silent  reflux...I've found more info online than any doctor has even TRIED to give me about it. It isn't caused by acid necessarily but Pepsin which is a higher PH - hence not showing on endoscopy as doing any damage to my oesophagus. I had a barium swallow not too long ago which I get the results of too this week and that SHOULDpinpoint any other issues that are non reflux related and also if I DO have a hiatus hernia or not.

The endoscopy wasn't too bad once it was in and down but getting it into the gullet was the worst bit. As soon as the cam touched the back of my throat that's it I wanted to be sick. When he brought the camera out I called him a c**t and he laughed the nurse also found it funny bless her :P

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

Not sure how it works/if it's transferable, but I've got o2 Priority Tickets if anyone is interested in a presale link and/or code for his show at the o2 in London which is on sale tomorrow morning?

Usually you just log in with your phone number and password I think, so you'd need to be comfortable passing on those details (I'm also on O2 so don't need it myself).