Nick Cave

Midnight Man

I've only seen Nick Cave at Glastonbury, love the band, but do they put on the type of show that will work in an arena? I'll probably see them in Manchester but I usually avoid the Arena these days. (For example, saw The Black Keys there, absolutely love their music, bored by the show, no real projection to a large audience)

22 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've only seen Nick Cave at Glastonbury, love the band, but do they put on the type of show that will work in an arena? I'll probably see them in Manchester but I usually avoid the Arena these days. (For example, saw The Black Keys there, absolutely love their music, bored by the show, no real projection to a large audience)

Yeah they will easily be able to pull it off in an arena, there's no worries on that front. I just think skeleton tree would be better suited to a more intimate venue. All arenas are just so soulless, that album deserves better.

37 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Seriously? 

Am disappointed it's at the MEN or whoever it is that sponsors it these days but it'll still be better than not going at all. 

Seen him a few times in way more intimate venues, so gonna be diminishing returns in an enormodome - particularly midweek, with a late night cross-country commute home.

Saturday night in London. Not bad Nick!

I will HATE seeing this at the O2 but at least I can use my work phone to get priority presale.

Im thinking of getting a seat in the lower tier by the stage if I can - should've had my hernia repair op WELL before then but am thinking it's not like the place will be bouncing - and after all the performance is what we really want to see isn't it? Plus I'll be going alone as usual so it's easier to be a Larry in the seats :P

Edited by mungo57

3 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Someone's mentioned this earlier, but the tickets will be on the Dice app next week, £50 london, £45 elsewhere. No fees or postage, all standing.

That's good to know mate if I decide to go for standing. Gotta love the Dice app.

18 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Someone's mentioned this earlier, but the tickets will be on the Dice app next week, £50 london, £45 elsewhere. No fees or postage, all standing.

Cheers for that! Definitely lessens the blow of the price a little - for some reason £45 seems far more reasonable to me than £50 :P 

What's it like using the app to buy tickets? As frantic as it is buying em normally or is it usually a breeze? 

Edited by FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Cheers for that! Definitely lessens the blow of the price a little - for some reason £45 seems far more reasonable to me than £50 :P 

What's it like using the app to buy tickets? As frantic as it is buying em normally or is it usually a breeze? 

It'll get more frantic the more people join. :P But nah it's a piece of piss, especially if you can hook it up with Apple Pay. You may never look back.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Most Londoners do. ;-) The worst is northerners that live down there and just presume everyone wants to. 

I've heard 'so when you moving here' so many times from northern expats when introduced to them. 

I know what you mean I know a few of them northern people.

I'm a Londoner that loves London although from Watford (basically London) originally and wants to get out - I hate London nowadays - too Fucking expensive too many arseholes! Main thing I'd miss is access to gigs

3 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I know what you mean I know a few of them northern people.

I'm a Londoner that loves London although from Watford (basically London) originally and wants to get out - I hate London nowadays - too Fucking expensive too many arseholes! Main thing I'd miss is access to gigs

I can recommend Manchester.  A lot like London but smaller, easier and cheaper. Only been here since September & I'm in love with it. 

Still can't find a job, mind :P 

49 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I can recommend Manchester.  A lot like London but smaller, easier and cheaper. Only been here since September & I'm in love with it. 

Beat me to it . Manchester is London without the  world's highest density of c**ts, and an excellent music scene to boot.

Edited by zero000

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I know loads who've moved to Manchester over the last few months for work - I work in a building with 6 restaurants and they've all moved when their chains have opened a new one in Manchester. I've heard good things - bit far north for my other half though - her dad lives SW London and she doesn't want to be too far from him. I should be able to find work in facilities and she works in childcare so jobs would t be a problem. Just need to convince her!