Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Bizarrely for him they look pretty similar every night on his Antipodean tour. All of Skeleton tree bar Rings of Saturn, Higgs Bosun, PTSA, Jubilee Street and one other (often Mermaids) from PTSA. Plus Stagger Lee, Red Right hand, Mercy seat, FHTE and Tupelo and then two or three  from Into my arms, Ship Song, Weeping Song, PWLYH, Nobody's Baby Now and occasionally Jack the Ripper.

They seem to have settled on an opening trio of Anthrocene Magneto Jesus Alone. Obviously could be totally different by September. Will keep an eye on what happens in the US. 

Yeah I agree it feels pretty standard setlist wise so far. Maybe they'll get bored and change it up a bit, but I'm keen to see nearly all of Skeleton Tree and I'd like to keep Boson, Jubilee Street and PTSA too. And obvs FHTE.

I'd like them to lose Stagger, Red Right Hand and Mercy Seat personally. Mix those bad boys up. 

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Did you get yours Russy? Thought you were going to go abroad...

Yep, I edited my post saying I'd got tickets when it looked like no-one else had, as I hate reading those kinds of posts when I've missed out!

I ended up getting 2 standing for the O2. I bottled out of going foreign, just in case I failed to get them, then ended up with no tickets for anywhere! Plus the arena in padova looked awful.

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep, I edited my post saying I'd got tickets when it looked like no-one else had, as I hate reading those kinds of posts when I've missed out!

I ended up getting 2 standing for the O2. I bottled out of going foreign, just in case I failed to get them, then ended up with no tickets for anywhere! Plus the arena in padova looked awful.

Ha okay - I thought I was going mad as I was sure you'd said you did!

Probably fair enough. Tickets are expensive enough without factoring in the flights etc, although would be a nice excuse for a little trip. 

33 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

there are still standing tickets available!! I just kept searching even when it was saying they were sold out and finally got through.

34 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just got mine! That system was an absolute ballbag and I feel proper stressed, but just kept trying for standing. If anyone else is trying I recommend doing that.

Bloody expensive but I guess not way over what I paid for RAH last time. Probably less in fact. 

Looks like an early start too at 6:30? Early doors anyway. O2 gigs normally do start and finish a bit early actually don't they? *She says hopefully, knowing she has to be at the airport for at least 8am next day*

Well done chumps! Such a clunky way of dishing out the tickets.

Just now, russycarps said:

As for the set list I agree with your assessment ZMG. Some of the "greatest hits" definitely need dropping. However, this must be the biggest tour of their lives, so I suppose it's not really surprising they are playing the crowd pleasers over the likes of time jesum transeuntum et non riverentum...

Man, I'd love to see that. One day...

(Never gonna happen)

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

PTSA isace live but wouldn't miss it if it was omitted. Agree on everything else. Could even lose FHTE and Tupelo for me if he replaced them with Saint Huck or any other from Firstborn is dead. Would rather get different slow ones to my standard god is in the house and People ain't no ggod as I always seem to get them - great as they are. Watching Alice would be my dream.

If he replaced the standard three that you mention with when I first came to town, City of refuge and John Finn's Wife, I oculd die happy. Not gonna happen though. Can't see him ever dropping Stagger Lee. 

Some great shouts there: Saint Huck, City of Refuge and John Finn's Wife especially. 

Could definitely lose God Is In The House and People Ain't No Good at this stage too. 

And am really over Stagger Lee now. Must have seen it 10 times or more. 

Gotta keep PTSA live though. I bloody love that.

I know I had a dig at you but I'm setting my alarm on my day off to get these tickets, even though I know I could probably get them Saturday if I wanted! 

Yeah, better to be safe than sorry I reckon. Cave is a hard one to judge for ticket sales. Usually it's fine but I've been left emptyhanded on a couple of occasions, usually for one-off intimate shows. 

FFS I'm fucked off, its my week off and I totally forgot about the presale.

Wake up, my mates texted me 3 times and Facebooked me asking if I got myself a ticket (he couldn't afford to sub me) and I log on to find the o2 presale sold out of standing.

Will have to try and get 1 on Friday now through either general sellers or DICE.

See tickets for standing at o2 are 55.89 not 57 (so not much cheaper, but I was looking for positives for him). And dice will be 50 quid I think if I've understood people properly but I've not noticed it before. 

Oh right, didn't realise you could use other sellers. 

It's extortionate either way, but not much more so than usual for Cave in London. Paid £62.50 for RAH and they were shit seats (just checked).

I'm really scared for Friday now and I don't know why. I think it's because I'm trying on Dice and  I'm thinking there might be less of a chance on there.

i really shouldn't be doing this anyway, I've got lots to pay for and just forked out £46 to see the Art Ensemble of Chicago. Fourty-six-fucking-quid!

7 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Was that the "solo" tour? Was more expensive than bad seeds gigs ooop north too. Was over 60 quid in Scotland - and you had to pay in silly one pound notes!

Yeah it was May 2015 and the last time I saw him/them. Had quite a few band members with him though. From what I could see from where I was sat, anyway.

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'll be hiding in the toilets in work trying for tickets on Friday and so will have to rely purely on Dice - first time using it so hope I don't fuck it up somehow.

Dice is great because you don't pay extra fees. I've never tried to get tickets on a quick sale though so no idea what it's like.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You'll be fine Friday - as long as you remember to get up (and it'll be cheaper).

You eejit :P

I know mate - I'm up the hospital at 09:30 Friday morning for an ENT clinic so I will be relying on sketchy 3/4g around Twickenham which will be fun! Luckily my other half is off work too Friday so I can make her get up and try on the laptop for me whilst I fuck around on Dice.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

See tickets for standing at o2 are 55.89 not 57 (so not much cheaper, but I was looking for positives for him). And dice will be 50 quid I think if I've understood people properly but I've not noticed it before. 

DICE don't charge fees so yeah there is at least that :D I'd have preferred to get it in the bag today though. That and a mate as I've said is going alone if I don't get a ticket - I already fucked him off at the Flaming Lips concert last month entirely as I've been fucked since the beginning of December so I really owe it to him to get myself a ticket!

1 hour ago, CHRLY said:

I'm really scared for Friday now and I don't know why. I think it's because I'm trying on Dice and  I'm thinking there might be less of a chance on there.

i really shouldn't be doing this anyway, I've got lots to pay for and just forked out £46 to see the Art Ensemble of Chicago. Fourty-six-fucking-quid!

I know what you're saying mate this last week I have spent about £80 on tickets already (Jesus and Mary Chain, Haken, Riverside) and this is the straw that broke the camel's back! My other halfs dad has owed me weed money for a year now so I am gonna call that in ASAP and I'm owed £50 for painting a door at work which I will call in as soon as I'm back to work.

That and I am telling myself its fine as I've recently quit smoking (day after Flaming Lips at Brixton) so the money I'm saving is now essentially fuck around money. Haven't bought weed in same amount of time either so thats helping!

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

I know what you're saying mate this last week I have spent about £80 on tickets already (Jesus and Mary Chain, Haken, Riverside) and this is the straw that broke the camel's back! My other halfs dad has owed me weed money for a year now so I am gonna call that in ASAP and I'm owed £50 for painting a door at work which I will call in as soon as I'm back to work.

That and I am telling myself its fine as I've recently quit smoking (day after Flaming Lips at Brixton) so the money I'm saving is now essentially fuck around money. Haven't bought weed in same amount of time either so thats helping!

Yeah I hear ya. Flights to Vietnam and Field Day have also killed me off. I'm gunna sell my Bass and do some extra shifts and hopefully I should be fine!

26 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

Yeah I hear ya. Flights to Vietnam and Field Day have also killed me off. I'm gunna sell my Bass and do some extra shifts and hopefully I should be fine!

funny you should say that I have a bass I was given to learn and never did - must be worth at least a nifty - must get round to flogging that.

Tried a while ago on shpock and someone offered me £60 then totally ghosted me. What a load of whack

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

funny you should say that I have a bass I was given to learn and never did - must be worth at least a nifty - must get round to flogging that.

Tried a while ago on shpock and someone offered me £60 then totally ghosted me. What a load of whack

Ha, funny that. This thread has also just reminded I've a bass and amp I need to flog after unsuccessfully trying to teach myself about three years ago.