Nick Cave

Midnight Man

True. And of course his opinion might change overtime.

I really wonder why he doesn't mix up more and play those. For such a big artist, he's doesn't really have any huge hit he absolutely have to play. Maybe 'The Mercy Seat' or 'Red Right Hand' qualifies, and 'Stagger Lee for the humor aspect. But still, I can't imagine people being really disappointed if he gives, say, 'The Weeping Song' a rest, or 'God is in the House'.

True. And of course his opinion might change overtime.

I really wonder why he doesn't mix up more and play those. For such a big artist, he's doesn't really have any huge hit he absolutely have to play. Maybe 'The Mercy Seat' or 'Red Right Hand' qualifies, and 'Stagger Lee for the humor aspect. But still, I can't imagine people being really disappointed if he gives, say, 'The Weeping Song' a rest, or 'God is in the House'.

He didn't play Stagger Lee or God is in the House last night. I think he mixes things up fairly well myself.

Sensational gig! A couple of songs I'd never seen live before. Lovely stuff.

The push the sky away songs go from strength to strength.

There was some great audience interaction. One person requested a song (I didn't catch what it was) and Nick said 'we're not playing that one so if you're waiting for just that song you may as well fuck off now'. I guess you had to be there...

Obviously the set included the lousy love letter but I am at peace with the fact I am going to see it every fucking gig now.

Up jumped the devil was a nice surprise and the cover of avalanche was great, but not a patch on cohens of course.

Never been a fan of lyre of orpheus but it was enjoyable enough.

Highlights for me were probably higgs, jubilee street, a lovely version of the ship song and a brilliant tupelo.

The band were on tremendous form too.

10/10 gig.

You could buy a live CD of the gig straight afterwards, for £20(!) which I haven't listened to yet. Was this available at the other gigs?

Do you mean the KOKO 20,000 days on earth one?

Yeah he's definitely said this before. Probably says it about quite a lot of the songs. :P

Huh? How does this work?

As soon as the gig ended we joined a (long!) queue and 20 mins later we had the CD of the gig, in a nice case and everything!

Do you mean the KOKO 20,000 days on earth one?

Nope, a CD of the gig we'd just seen.

Blimey. I didn't even know that was a thing. Thought it would take at least a couple of days to sort out.

3 minutes after the end of the gig is the timescale apparently!

And I can confirm it is brilliant! the sound is great.

But £20 is pretty fucking steep, just like everything else nick cave is involved with........

I must resist getting the hammersmith one too. I will stay strong!

I'd love to hear stranger than kindness, interesting that it's Nick's favourite.. ANMSWP, St Huck & Sad Waters in a setlist aswell would be incredible..

(I too like love letter, not sure why it's gotten some grief when there's track 8 from n*******a to ave a grumble at)

I was praying for the piano version of sad waters, but no luck.

I'd give my right conker to see that.

3 minutes after the end of the gig is the timescale apparently!

And I can confirm it is brilliant! the sound is great.

But £20 is pretty fucking steep, just like everything else nick cave is involved with........

I must resist getting the hammersmith one too. I will stay strong!

3 minutes? What a time to be alive. Even at that price I'd certainly snap that up considering some of the horrible t-shirts I've bought on a post-gig high.

Was this cd an official thing like? Was thinking at several points that I'd love a recording of it.

dont think it's an official cave thing, looks like a company that does this at various gigs. Lord knows the logistics of it. Getting thousands of CDs done in that space of time is beyond my comprehension.

It shows how confident nick cave is in his abilities that he knows the gig is going to be good enough for a live release without even checking....

it's brilliant though, buy it. Do it, do it, do it.......(I'm tempted to buy the hammersmith one too I think, maybe just the cheaper digital download though...)

http://abbeyroadlive.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DisplayArtist.html?CatID=5745&ViewTourID=5746

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...