Nick Cave

Midnight Man

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Checked all major cities nearby and website just says no dates next please check later. 

Ah that's lame. At least the wording makes it sounds like there may be more locations being added.

Edit: In reality I'm not sure if I'll end up going. It's probably a waste of time on my holiday when I can just see it another time once I'm home; and the album is out the day after, isn't it?

Edited by Will-2609

34 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I should not be pissed off that I am gonna be on a really nice holiday but I'm envious of you guys. 

He may have made the trains run on time but he didn't sort the fucking cinemas out!

Yeah shit sorry mate just read all the recent posts, that's a pisser. I'm surprised it's not on in Italy anywhere, weird.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/08/2016 at 9:30 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Guys, I am really excited about this new album. I think it's going to be quite special. Listening to Push The Sky Away this evening and I think it is one of the best things they've done. I expect great things from the new record, as tragic as the circumstances of the writing may be.

Did we ever establish if this album was written before or after the tragedy? 

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Did we ever establish if this album was written before or after the tragedy? 

Skeleton Tree began its journey in late 2014 at Retreat Studios, Brighton, with further sessions at La Frette Studios, France in autumn 2015. The album was mixed at AIR Studios, London in early 2016.

Both, so I don't think it'll be awash with grief however it will probably be there in some form.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Skeleton Tree began its journey in late 2014 at Retreat Studios, Brighton, with further sessions at La Frette Studios, France in autumn 2015. The album was mixed at AIR Studios, London in early 2016.

Both, so I don't think it'll be awash with grief however it will probably be there in some form.

It's Nick Cave... there'll be grief no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just about to come and post about this! I like it a lot, feels quite PTSA-esque, haunting, eerie, atmospheric - and quite fragile and delicate-sounding too.

I actually didn't think they were going to release any songs before the film, so this is a surprise. I guess they're trying to drum up a bit of interest.

Tour dates after the film then, do we think?

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Was just about to come and post about this! I like it a lot, feels quite PTSA-esque, haunting, eerie, atmospheric - and quite fragile and delicate-sounding too.

I actually didn't think they were going to release any songs before the film, so this is a surprise. I guess they're trying to drum up a bit of interest.

Tour dates after the film then, do we think?

You would imagine there'd perhaps be a small run of dates before Christmas in London/Brighton?

Interesting new song. Great lyrcis, musically not quite my cup of tea though. No doubt it will grow with repeat lyrics.

I am a bit narked off they are releasing songs early though, was hoping all would be revealed at the cinema rather than drip drip drip (I know I could have avoided reading about this song/listening to it, but that's just not going to happen).

I also see the film is being shown at the venice film festival, before the so-called world wide premiere. Which has also irritated me a bit.

15 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Interesting new song. Great lyrcis, musically not quite my cup of tea though. No doubt it will grow with repeat lyrics.

I am a bit narked off they are releasing songs early though, was hoping all would be revealed at the cinema rather than drip drip drip (I know I could have avoided reading about this song/listening to it, but that's just not going to happen).

I also see the film is being shown at the venice film festival, before the so-called world wide premiere. Which has also irritated me a bit.

I do know what you mean. It's a bit weird that initially they were saying that the films were going to be the first airing of any songs and now that doesn't seem to be the case. I wonder why.

Scruff, glad you're getting to see it - although it will be old news by then, of course... ;) 

It seems unthinkable that the Bad Seeds wouldn't tour soon as they're a big touring band, but I wonder if things will be different under these circumstances. I can imagine London/Brighton a possibility though. 

Any chance for Glastonbury I wonder? It's four years since the last one...

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I do know what you mean. It's a bit weird that initially they were saying that the films were going to be the first airing of any songs and now that doesn't seem to be the case. I wonder why.

Scruff, glad you're getting to see it - although it will be old news by then, of course... ;) 

It seems unthinkable that the Bad Seeds wouldn't tour soon as they're a big touring band, but I wonder if things will be different under these circumstances. I can imagine London/Brighton a possibility though. 

Any chance for Glastonbury I wonder? It's four years since the last one...

To generate publicity to sell more tickets I guess.

Hopefully no more songs are released anyway.

I think they will tour, if not this year then early next. He treats the band like it's a job (considering he does his song writing in an office at home that he works 9-5 hours), and I reckon he sees touring is just an extension of that job.

Singing live about the tragedy will probably be cathartic too.

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

To generate publicity to sell more tickets I guess.

Hopefully no more songs are released anyway.

I think they will tour, if not this year then early next. He treats the band like it's a job (considering he does his song writing in an office at home that he works 9-5 hours), and I reckon he sees touring is just an extension of that job.

Singing live about the tragedy will probably be cathartic too.

I thought all the screenings were sold out though? But I guess there are new screenings to think of.

You're probably right about the touring - and it's not like he's shared away from personal tragedy etc in his work before, whether live or recorded, although probably not quite on this level.

I hope they do tour. Feels ages since I saw them. Last thing I saw was that Sick Bag thing last summer and the last gig must have been... surely not Koko?

although that first song would lead me to believe that the album is going in a more piano ballad-esque direction i hope the tour will be the usual all out Bad Seeds fair. guess he already did the stripped down tour not long ago so it probably will be. must must MUST finally get to see the man live

new song hasn't won me over immediately but as russy said, i'm sure it will