Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm not sure of this, but I think he's thinking that traveling from the UK > Europe would still make taxes and visas difficult, but I'm unaware if that is a thing. 

Yes basically.

Brexit helpfully means that instead of getting paperwork that covers all EU nations including the UK, acts need to get paperwork for the EU and UK separately.

If the tour is utilising any personnel or equipment based in the UK (as has previously been common practice for acts from the US), then it becomes even more complicated as the UK is refusing to agree to a suitable reciprocal agreement for removing these barriers.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

My thoughts exactly. Surely just one more visa for them? Perhaps extra costs?

Honestly, there's a hell of a lot more to it than that - if you want details then the DCMS Select Committee report on Live Music published a few days ago take s a stab at it and makes recommendations to the Government that'll almost certainly be ignored.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Sounds more like he can’t be arsed with it anymore after all the fake-out ‘last shows’ etc but the others are insistent on trooping on. 

Honestly, at the age they are, and after what the worlds been through the past 17+ months I don't blame him. 

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Honestly, there's a hell of a lot more to it than that - if you want details then the DCMS Select Committee report on Live Music published a few days ago take s a stab at it and makes recommendations to the Government that'll almost certainly be ignored.

Ignore me, just read your earlier post.

Edited by Gnomicide