Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Justice were ace. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

That afternoon/evening was just amazing:

Chic -> (half of) The Cinematic Orchestra -> Moderat -> Justice 

Doubt that will ever be beaten at Glastonbury for me. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Justice was indeed a hell of a way to finish.

Based on the comments here since '17 I think approximately 40% of that field was made up of efesters :D

Yes.

Probably my fave evening, sub and headliner of recent years too.  Musically outstanding, great position for sound, good crowd and enough room for a dance.

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

It was this one...

Said they were good, that was it. Perhaps not a big fan.

I wouldn’t say I’m a massive Aerosmith fan at all but I have casually enjoyed their material when I was younger and it will probably be the best chance for me to see them without spending literally all my cash.

Its a perfect opportunity, I don’t really care if they aren’t quite up to it.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wouldn’t say I’m a massive Aerosmith fan at all but I have casually enjoyed their material when I was younger and it will probably be the best chance for me to see them without spending literally all my cash.

I’m sure they put on a great live show somewhere like a stadium (probably too big for the O2 & the like), I just can’t imagine them playing a festival unless they are headlining & bring all the gear.

Curious if anyone had seen them play a fest before (I know the Download goers I know would never consider Glastonbury).

If they aren’t headlining I’m 100% going to be there as like you say I wouldn’t pay to see them, let alone how much it would cost. I’d probably be elsewhere if they are topping the bill though.

I’m hoping these huge bands rumours for the 50th from a few months ago come true & we could be the luckiest festival goers in terms of line up for quite some time!

edit: I would say guesstimate I know about a quarter of their songs, just the singles.

Edited by Bisque

8 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I’m sure they put on a great live show somewhere like a stadium (probably too big for the O2 & the like), I just can’t imagine them playing a festival unless they are headlining & bring all the gear.

Curious if anyone had seen them play a fest before (I know the Download goers I know would never consider Glastonbury).

If they aren’t headlining I’m 100% going to be there as like you say I wouldn’t pay to see them, let alone how much it would cost. I’d probably be elsewhere if they are topping the bill though.

I’m hoping these huge bands rumours for the 50th from a few months ago come true & we could be the luckiest festival goers in terms of line up for quite some time!

edit: I would say guesstimate I know about a quarter of their songs, just the singles.

Unless Paul McCartney headlining was a massive joke, Aerosmith aren’t topping the bill. They have been confirmed for the Saturday which is the day that Paul is already confirmed to headline.

Also the other two headliners are Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift

36 minutes ago, Bisque said:

It was this one...

Said they were good, that was it. Perhaps not a big fan.

D461279A-225A-468C-92DC-71BA5ECC4A29.jpeg

That main stage lineup is insane! I was still in my Reading years at this point but had friends that went. 

Can't remember anyone particularly mentioning Aerosmith (or anyone for that matter...) but I'm almost more excited about them at Glastonbury than anyone else right now. 

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Unless Paul McCartney headlining was a massive joke, Aerosmith aren’t topping the bill. They have been confirmed for the Saturday which is the day that Paul is already confirmed to headline.

Also the other two headliners are Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift

Cool! I’ve been away but been trying to keep up. I knew Kendrick & Taylor are pretty much “dead certs”.

They could in theory headline the other on Saturday based on the comments that the other stage headliners are as bigger than normal.

I hope they aren’t and that they’re in a nice afternoon slot.

I absolutely loved them when I was a teenager, along with GnR, Crue, etc, but naturally grew out of them and haven’t given them much thought for about 15-20 years. This would be absolutely perfect and one of the acts I'd look forward to most.

4 hours ago, Bisque said:

They're not know for having a big stage show. Let the music do the talking and all that.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

but naturally grew out of them...

Naturally? :(

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do you know which Ratt lineup this was?

Dental asking the important question. 

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

They are still definitely up to it.

Ive seen them many times over the years and saw them as recently as last year at Download and they were still in top form.