Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

Although the accusations are obviously awful, they’re also… not at all surprising? Like, didn’t we already kind of know about this kind of stuff re: him and almost every other rock star from that time? They’ve more or less all admitted to it themselves in writing in their biographies over the years. 

Suppose it’s different when we get the grizzly details from a victim rather than the glitzed up, badass rock star stories, but it still amuses me when people act shocked over this kind of stuff. 

On 12/31/2022 at 10:26 AM, 2loor2iller said:

Although the accusations are obviously awful, they’re also… not at all surprising? Like, didn’t we already kind of know about this kind of stuff re: him and almost every other rock star from that time? They’ve more or less all admitted to it themselves in writing in their biographies over the years. 

Suppose it’s different when we get the grizzly details from a victim rather than the glitzed up, badass rock star stories, but it still amuses me when people act shocked over this kind of stuff. 

This story has been around for decades but nothing ever seems to come from it.

It comes back into the headlines every few years and then disappears almost as quick as it reappeared.

I suppose it may be a bit different this time though as she has actually taken legal action.

Maybe there’ll be a ‘Prince Andrew’ style pay off and that will be seen as then end of it. Whether he’ll still be able to tour afterwards with any credibility remains to be seen.

10 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

This story has been around for decades but nothing ever seems to come from it.

It comes back into the headlines every few years and then disappears almost as quick as it reappeared.

I suppose it may be a bit different this time though as she has actually taken legal action.

To my knowledge, it's different because only now is she actually able to take legal action. The temporary extension of the statute barred period, allowing people to sue for abuse suffered at a time that would not normally be eligible for prosecution, will have many a rock star from that period quaking in their star studded boots, I'd imagine.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

To my knowledge, it's different because only now is she actually able to take legal action. The temporary extension of the statute barred period, allowing people to sue for abuse suffered at a time that would not normally be eligible for prosecution, will have many a rock star from that period quaking in their star studded boots, I'd imagine.

I realise that, it’s just that normally an allegation on its own has been enough to damage an artist’s career. Yet Steven Tyler seems to have got away with this story hanging over him for decades with little impact to his career or reputation.

Same for Elvis, Page and Bowie, every now and then someone comments about underage girlfriends/groupies but it doesn’t seem to have any impact on their legacy.

58 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I realise that, it’s just that normally an allegation on its own has been enough to damage an artist’s career. Yet Steven Tyler seems to have got away with this story hanging over him for decades with little impact to his career or reputation.

This bit seems to be pretty awful...
"“By including Plaintiff’s name in the acknowledgements, he left the readers and the public without any doubt of Plaintiff’s identity,” the lawsuit states, adding that she was confronted with a picture of her own face on a tabloid cover at a grocery store after the book’s publication."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/steven-tyler-ap-aerosmith-los-angeles-california-b2253768.html

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

This bit seems to be pretty awful...
"“By including Plaintiff’s name in the acknowledgements, he left the readers and the public without any doubt of Plaintiff’s identity,” the lawsuit states, adding that she was confronted with a picture of her own face on a tabloid cover at a grocery store after the book’s publication."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/steven-tyler-ap-aerosmith-los-angeles-california-b2253768.html

It’s strange reading his account of it.

He openly talks about it in his book,Its hard to know whether he is being arrogant or whether he genuinely doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong.

15 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

It’s strange reading his account of it.

He openly talks about it in his book,Its hard to know whether he is being arrogant or whether he genuinely doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong.

Seems to be the case with a lot of rock star biographies - lots of telling on themselves in a ‘wasn’t I such a little scamp’ kind of way.