Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

42 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Why are people calling Aerosmith Friday on the predictions thread? Also, if they played Friday, they'd headline Other, not play third...

I think those predictions came about when the ‘rock slot’ had only been Friday and Aerosmith hadn’t confirmed yet.

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

You'd wonder how this came about. The festival hardly went looking for them?

Yeah it would be completely of the band’s desire.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think those predictions came about when the ‘rock slot’ had only been Friday and Aerosmith hadn’t confirmed yet.

10 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I can only assume this is because they didn't see the leaked" listing...didn't that say it was Saturday?

I think that must be the case as per @Sasperella too 😃

Edited by Superscally

17 hours ago, Madyaker said:

You'd wonder how this came about. The festival hardly went looking for them?

One of the lead bookers, Chris Smith, asked Mike who he'd like to see. Mike, getting on a bit, thought he was offering coffee to which he replied "eh? Err, no Smith, thanks".

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Run DMC appearing with them at the Grammys tonight, been a while since that last happened. No chance at G I reckon though. 

This doesn't bother me too much. RunDMC get rather too much credit for Walk This Way, at the expense of Aerosmith, I reckon. Their delivery is almost identical to what Tyler laid down a decade before. Don't get me wrong, they more than earned their reputation with the rest of their catalogue, but their version of WTW is pretty faithful to the original to be considered so revolutionary.

• Like 1