Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I feel sorry for anyone watching the Stones at Hyde park....the sound will be shocking.

This^

The sound was pretty poor for Blur there last year, thankfully I was near the front. I can't see them cranking it up even if it is the stones, too many rich poshos nearby.

Anyone know how much tickets are for Hyde Park out of interest?

Imagine how much these are going to cost, when we've paid just over £200 for the Stones and hundreds of other acts.

If you're going by prices on Viagago, we could close our eyes from the Wednesday to the Saturday night, watch the stones and then close them again afterwards till the money and STILL save £11,800!

I like that with the announcement of a tour, it's semented in my mind that they are actually going to be there!

When glasto was their only announced tour date it felt like there was a possibility they could pull out! Now it's like... So, we are actually getting the stones!

Don't you mean that the other way round? The more gigs they play, the more likely one of them slips over on a divorce form and does their hip in/Ronnie finds a new girlfriend who's at school during Glastonbury/Keith meets Frankie Dettori's dealer.

Imagine how much these are going to cost, when we've paid just over £200 for the Stones and hundreds of other acts.

Bargain in comparison.

The US dates look pretty run of the mill, money making gigs. Nothing stand out, no where you'd say oh I wouldnt mind going there that will be an experience. The soundsystem as we know at Hyde Park is shocking.

Nice one Michael Eavis for providing us with what will be the best gig of the tour

Bargain in comparison.

The US dates look pretty run of the mill, money making gigs. Nothing stand out, no where you'd say oh I wouldnt mind going there that will be an experience. The soundsystem as we know at Hyde Park is shocking.

Nice one Michael Eavis for providing us with what will be the best gig of the tour

Glastonbury have got the steal of the century without a doubt and given that tour date gap, they must want to make sure it's a success. Plus we can guarantee better sound than Hyde Park, I would say easier to get to the bar too :)

Not as bad as I was expecting

Can't believe people still begrudge paying £200 odd for a Glastonbury ticket, the value for money is staggering

I don't think anyone denies the value for money, its the fact that for a lot of people £200 is a lot of money regardless of what you're getting for it.

Absolutely rotten gig venue, although Westminster council has apparently given permission for the sound levels to be upped a bit

Yeah by 3 decibels!! Bringing it to 76dB. Woo hoo!!

Fucks sake. Day time city traffic clocks in at 75dB and you can get up to 89dB on an iPod!

£95 a ticket? Jesus.

Edited by The Nal

Yeah by 3 decibels!! Bringing it to 76dB. Woo hoo!!

Fucks sake. Day time city traffic clocks in at 75dB and you can get up to 89dB on an iPod!

£95 a ticket? Jesus.

Ah ok. That's shite.

Interesting fact: The world record for the loudest fart is 74dB.

mike99, on 03 Apr 2013 - 14:48, said:

Tickets start from £95.00 They will be having different standing tickets with obviously different prices. Will keep you posted

Thanks mike, for those of us incapable of checking the official site you're a godsend.