Films

Rufus Gwertigan

haven't seen either but isn't one (i think The Armstrong Lie) told from his point of view / features him, whilst the other delves in to it independently? been meaning to watch them both for a while!

Yes and yes. Armstrong Lie is more of a movie style documentary, with a story arc. Stop at Nothing is more retrospective, factual and more interesting. And shows how much of a total c**t he is.

Yeah, Short Term 12 is really good.

Watched Nightcrawler yesterday afternoon, absolutely loved it. Best film I've seen this year so far.

mrs t8y said "well that was shit" when the credits rolled.

I am disappoint.

I agree. Maybe I didn't quite 'love' it, but I certainly found it a lot more impressive than any of the Best Picture nominees. The tone is brilliant; quite an unsettling combination of fun silliness and really seething satire. Gyllenhaal's character/performance is one of my favourites in recent memory.

Found both Selma and The Imitation Game pretty good. Nothing outstanding, but important stories told well.

Watched The Green Ray and Chloe In The Afternoon recently; I now love Eric Rohmer. Both films have some of the most beautiful scenes of dialogue I've ever seen.

Watched Under The Skin last night. Its good but half way through seems to lose all its style and just seems a bit of a mess, if you google the novel plot it makes a bit more sense but otherwise pretty much everything is just visual with no substance.

I would recommend it but I feel a little more could have been explained to the audience. I only dip in and out this thread from time to time so I don't know if the film has been discussed on here and don't want to go into detail too much without knowing others have seen it who want to.

Guy on Reddit (who leaked the Sony/Marvel deal) seems to think Dylan O'Brien has been cast as the new Spider-Man.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/comments/2xl85z/dylan_obrien_is_spiderman/

Betfair are taking bets at 12/1 now if anyone does fancy it...I had a fiver at 16/1.

I'm not so sure, the Sony/Marvel leak came about through the hack and Marvel seemed pretty keen to the cast black/latino version of Spider-Man and go for an actual teenager.