Films

Rufus Gwertigan

There's a lot of good to be said about Avengers: Age of Ultron, but I couldn't help thinking that I'm glad Joss Whedon is leaving the series to the Russo brothers.

It's a good couple of hours though, even if it's the weakest Marvel movie since the first Captain America movie.

I liked the bit where Robert Downey Jr walked out of the interview.

There's a lot of good to be said about Avengers: Age of Ultron, but I couldn't help thinking that I'm glad Joss Whedon is leaving the series to the Russo brothers.

It's a good couple of hours though, even if it's the weakest Marvel movie since the first Captain America movie.

The first Captain America is my favourite Marvel adaptation :(

I liked Age Of Ultron more than I thought I would, not great but solid.

i don't like this iteration of the Joker (looks wise). the tattoos especially are bizarre, as tattoos can be traced, which the Joker would be totally against. plus there's the too-green hair and the metal teeth. but this is all visual, and Leto might nail it on screen

saw Age of Ultron last night. i did enjoy it, but it wasn't nearly as good as i'd hoped. felt like i'd seen most of it in the trailers which was a shame. agree with the earlier comment of being glad that the torch has been passed from Whedon to the Russos. i loved Avengers, but Captain America 2 changed the game concerning the Marvel films. very excited for Civil War (which gets hinted heavily at in this film) and Infinity Wars (three/four goddamn years)

I love that he has 'damaged' tattooed on his head. DC really don't have any mode other than 'thuddingly literal', do they?

"Zack, I'm not sure enough people got the metaphor of Superman in a cruciform pose."

"No problem, we'll scrawl 'false god' on a giant statue of him. Think they'll get that?"

"Hm, might be a bit subtle. We'll see what happens."

Just got back from Age of Ultron.

I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but something was missing and I much preferred the first one which i didn't want to end while watching it in the cinema (some feat for a two hour + movie). For me there was just too many characters fighting for attention and I wasn't a fan of Ultron at all, he was made to look like a real bitch in the final scene, plus Vision kind of made him obsolete anyway. Quicksilver was not done well either, especially in comparison to DOFP last year, Scarlet Witch was much more interesting though. Best parts were Hawkeye (best character by far) and the Africa scene. Post credit scene pretty good too

;)

Just got back from Age of Ultron.

I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but something was missing and I much preferred the first one which i didn't want to end while watching it in the cinema (some feat for a two hour + movie). For me there was just too many characters fighting for attention and I wasn't a fan of Ultron at all, he was made to look like a real bitch in the final scene, plus Vision kind of made him obsolete anyway. Quicksilver was not done well either, especially in comparison to DOFP last year, Scarlet Witch was much more interesting though. Best parts were Hawkeye (best character by far) and the Africa scene. Post credit scene pretty good too

;)

Was there really a post-credit scene in the one you watched, or are you trolling? Don't lie to me now.

Yeah there's definitely not a post credit scene in the cinema I work at.

Still haven't been able to watch AOU yet but this film is supposed to be the lead up to the civil war, or at least hint at it a few times anyway. I'll take a slightly disappointing age of ultron if it means the civil war films are amazing, and they will be!

yep there's definitely a post-credits (well... mid-credits) scene (as with all Marvel films). not as awe inspiring as some of the others have been but it's pretty good

Though the mid-credits scene was a pointless tbh

Its just Thanos doing nothing much again, well he indicates his going after the stones himself...but it felt like they added it in as they had to have something.

Enjoyed AoU, thought it was great in parts but I guess after Winter Soilder, I was kind of disappointed it didn't really have any big suprise/reveal mainly than anything else.

Also Ultron deserved far more time spent on him I thought, was disappointing as when he was on screen he was great. Maybe its where Avengers we already knew about Loki, so didn't need to build him up as much but it just like overall he just another threat to earth and reason to get the avengers to come together.

Agreed with GETOFFAMYLAWN could have done with more Thor to.

While it hints at Civil War, it didn't do nearly as much set up as I thought it would and the whole ending and I get it was way to have Captain have his own team but he seemed pretty friendly with Tony at the end.

Also surely hints that Tony won't be pro registration? I thought something more might have happened to him but if anything he was the one who wanted secrets, even after creating Ultron...

EDIT:

Forgot to add saw AoU at the BFI Imax and got the Star Wars teaser trailer just before it! That full Imax camera shot of the Millenium Falcon at the end looks just bloody fantastic on an Imax screen!

Edited by LondonTom

aye the mid-credit scene was just more of the same really, and considering everybody who's been paying any attention at all already knows what's going to go down in Infinity Wars, seemed a bit of a anti climax. i expected something more to do with Civil War or Black Panther or something

i didn't really like how they did Ultron in the film. i'd always thought Ultron was supposed to be some inherently evil, heartless bastard robot who just wants to see the human race destroyed - not some smart-alec quipping joker robot. also, considering the first film had an evil God and aliens, a robot seemed pretty tame in comparison (especially this robot). it never felt like he was any real threat to the world or Avengers

I think if they had spent longer with him rather once he revealed his annihilation plan to the twins instead of basically jumping to the final fight, it might have gave him more of a threat. (Actually he lost most of the little thread he had to the Avengers, once Scarlet Witch switched sides didn't he?)