• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

So is the general consensus:

Blink

Monkeys

Paramore/QotSA co-headline?

It is but I don't think it should be. I'm pretty sure Luckysalt said Queens weren't doing it and I think he has talked about them maybe being unlikely for the late summer period since finding out about Blink/Arctics.

I don't reckon it will get clarified though as he's not posting any more of the stuff he hears/has heard. I've got to suffer through to find out if Queens get half a headline slot. But if you're reading this Lucky, and you could nod or just give us a sign like a crack of thunder, then that'd be much appreciated. :) (And we should never have doubted your source too, sorry)

Blink get so much hate yet Green Day are loved when they're so f'ing similar.

Green Day hadn't headlined (i know they'd done that secret Reading set) the festival in years! they were long overdue. Blink headlined 4 years ago. if it'd been the other way round, or with most other acts, people would have the same reaction. 4 years between headliners (especially unspectacular live ones who were questioned as headliners 4 years ago at the probably the height of their popularity) is too small a gap

QUESTION; Who would be a better booking - Paramore to headline 2014, or Blink?

No question, Paramore. Just because I don't like a band doesn't make them a bad headliner. I didn't argue about Green Day's credentials, I argued that they were a pile of w*nk. Paramore would be stepping up, have a new album with a maturing musical sound (even if I still don't like it), and at least got a good reception last time they played. I didn't enjoy them when watching before The Cure but it didn't make me want to throatpunch everyone around me.

Sorry

Youll be disappointed

This is what luckysalt replied to "I reckon the co-headliners might be the best headliners for me, as long as it's Queens and Prodigy and not fucking Paramore"

It only proves that it won't be Queens 'and' Prodigy

Either of them could be one of the co-headliners still..

And sadly Paramore has the highest probability among them

I got the impression Zane was very impressed with Blink headlining again...

Also i dont understand why you name Blink now...? You have to go AM if you want the fan girls to buy tickets for R&L over T surely??

Still holding out for Pendulum/ The XX :D

Pretty sure they announced Blink-182 first because too many festivals over Europe are announcing Arctic Monkeys as one of their headliners; Reading organizers just wanted to surprise (or troll) us

Pretty sure they announced Blink-182 first because too many festivals over Europe are announcing Arctic Monkeys as one of their headliners; Reading organizers just wanted to surprise (or troll) us

Yes when i think about it that does make sence... But there is a third headliner they could have announced!

so next year we get:

• An over exposed headliner who shifted many tickets last year, and already set to sell 190k without r&l which would bring it up to 370kish.
  • A band who are nostalgic but are far too hit and miss - were crap last time they played.

and

• Potentially co-headliners with fucking Paramore being one of them

Another year I won't be going then it seems

This is what luckysalt replied to "I reckon the co-headliners might be the best headliners for me, as long as it's Queens and Prodigy and not fucking Paramore"

It only proves that it won't be Queens 'and' Prodigy

Either of them could be one of the co-headliners still..

And sadly Paramore has the highest probability among them

Would you be disappointed with one of them instead of two? I dunno.

It's more the other thing I said anyway. But I'm not putting words in mouths, it's just my thoughts on it. Probably pushed along by the fact I don't really want them there as it'd be a disservice to Queens and I'd have to bloody go!

so next year we get:

• An over exposed headliner who shifted many tickets last year, and already set to sell 190k without r&l which would bring it up to 370kish.
  • A band who are nostalgic but are far too hit and miss - were crap last time they played.

and

• Potentially co-headliners with fucking Paramore being one of them

Another year I won't be going then it seems

Sounds like fun :(

Im more pissed off about Jake Bugg then Blink :(

What has he done to deserve such a high spot (especially playing three years in a row!) and it really does suggest a weak line up!

Should have let him go to V

Well 2nd on NME last year and a new album out since would probably mean 4th on Main Stage?

Plus you can't say the 3 year thing. First year he was on FR and didn't even have an album out.

It'd only be as bad as Foals playing again this year as a sub. IMO

I heard that it was revealed in one of yer gossip magazines that Hayley Williams was at school with Miley Cyrus, and bullied the shit out of her for being Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter. Now I can't confirm in any way that this is true, but if it is, doesn't that make you respect Paramore just a little bit?