• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

They can help themselves by facing it head on and seeking help. There are plenty of people that have gotten themselves clean over the years, but it all comes down to actually wanting to do it and facing those dark times. I know it's not always totally black and white, but to imply that it's just an illness, and that these people aren't at all accountable, is wrong in my eyes.

I never meant to imply that they're completely faultless, they're very much at fault for who they get involved with. Of course it's not just an illness but it is like a psychological illness [citation needed] whereby they can't really do a lot to help themselves and instead of people taking pity, as you can see, many think they're vile creatures that should die in a street because of the state they can't get themselves out of.

They're not cool at all and their music doesn't do the talking.

I actually agree with that second line, I don't think many great frontpeople can turn up off their head and still put on a show, it's that specific selection I'm laughing it.

Why, because they're all middle aged men now? :P

Why, because they're all middle aged men now? :P

I can't imagine Springsteen even being cool when he was young. Morrissey is a self-important tedious whiny twat, and that's at his best. Henry Rollins, well.... The others aren't so bad, but they don't exactly bring credibility to your list.

Wasn't Julian Casablancas an alcoholic at 14? I swear I read he got sent to a boarding school in Switzerland to cure it, met Albert there, and formed one of the biggest bands in the world. I'm sure that was a great way of curing alcoholism.

I may have dreamt that or something. Seems a bit weird reading it back.

And he's clean now, isn't he?

ps. I love Julian Casablancas.

He went to a swiss boarding school and met nikolai (not albert) there, and he has had some alcohol problems (and did experiment with other drugs, inc. heroin) but not sure about whether he was an alcoholic at 14, i think his parents were just very rich so could afford to send him to what looks like a very high class boarding school... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyc%C3%A9e_Fran%C3%A7ais_de_New_York

He went to a swiss boarding school and met nikolai (not albert) there, and he has had some alcohol problems (and did experiment with other drugs, inc. heroin) but not sure about whether he was an alcoholic at 14, i think his parents were just very rich so could afford to send him to what looks like a very high class boarding school... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyc%C3%A9e_Fran%C3%A7ais_de_New_York

He went to a Swiss boarding school and met Albert there

Then went to that place in New York and met Nikolai there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Casablancas#Early_life.2C_education.2C_and_personal_life

I've read in a Peter doherty biography that he chose to take heroin because all of his favourite poets were on opiates. He felt that it would broaden his mind and increase his writing abilities. Libertines were a brilliant band and Doherty is an amazing songwriter. However, he is a fool and does not want to help himself.

dr49.jpg

Not a bad shout to be honest. Would possibly move Friendly Fires up to headline NME. Liam Gallagher probably wouldn't accept anything less than a sub slot, not that they deserve it. I would have Placebo on main but no reason why they couldn't be on NME. YMA6 will no doubt play there. I think we will get either Jay-Z or Kanye, I personally hope it will be Kanye as his new album is better than Jay-Z's imo. Very god prediction and I expect a lot of those names there.

dr49.jpg

Ooh I would like that very much actually. Realistic too.

A couple of points though. TDCC are meant to be in the studio next year, so I'd be inclined to have Disclosure headlining the NME. As I've said before, I don't see Babyshambles playing, not the main at least. I think Beady Eye would play 3rd down too, not sub. The same for Vampire Weekend. Overall a great poster and lineup though :)

Edited by Andre91

MAIN: Paramore/ 30 Seconds To Mars/ You Me At Six/ The Gaslight Anthem/ Limp Bizkit/ A Day To Remember/ Sum 41/ Asking Alexandria/ Four Year Strong.

NME: The 1975/ Friendly Fires/ Of Monsters And Men/ Savages/ Lucy Rose.

FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Alabama Shakes.

LOCK UP: Rancid.

DANCE: Hadouken!

1XTRA: Professor Green.

MAIN: Arctic Monkeys/ Queens Of The Stone Age/ Vampire Weekend/ Bastille/ Brand New/ Miles Kane/ City And Colour/ Tribes/ Drenge.

NME: Crystal Castles/ Don Broco/ Band Of Skulls/ Pure Love/ Crossfaith.

FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Cage The Elephant.

LOCK UP: Flag.

DANCE: Metronomy.

1XTRA: DMX

MAIN: Metallica/ The Prodigy/ Weezer/ Rise Against/ Killswitch Engage/ The Hives/ Architects/ Pierce The Veil/ Hacktivist.

NME: Disclosure/ Kendrick Lamar/ The Weeknd/ The Strypes/ Chvrches.

FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Frightened Rabbit.

ROCK STAGE: Young Guns.

DANCE: Hot Chip.

1XTRA: Roll Deep.

Edited by Andre91

Paramore

30 Seconds To Mars

You Me At Six

The Gaslight Anthem

Limp Bizkit

A Day To Remember

Sum 41