Lineup 2014

Hawky

Brixton = 5000 capacity

Roundhouse = 3300 capacity (assuming its ALL standing)

Editors are playing a bigger venue and more dates (18 in total, in comparison to Franz's 11) so you don't have much proof that there's more demand for either one tbh. If Franz's 2nd Roundhouse show sells out, all this shows is that there more demand for them in London alone. Editors have sold out their Manchester show - does this mean that in the north, they're more in demand?

Fair point, although I think the speed of selling 3,300 tickets in such time shows that there's a greater level of demand; of course Editors could have sold that many tickets at Brixton on sale day but I think if demand was that high the standing would have sold out by now (it's been on sale for a good few weeks now.) Plus I think because of Franz's previous stature and amount of hits they've had they warrant a higher slot at a festival, like I said I can't see Editors subbing Bestival next year, but Franz Ferdinand are a band that still can (well, not sub Bestival next year, but you get the idea.)

Edited by rawaudioinput

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Arctic monkeys, nick cave and the bad seeds, the maccabees, Chic with Nile Rodgers, Johnny marr, Ash, Everything everything, the strypes, best coast

Queens of the stone age, Pixies, The Smashing pumpkins, Babyshambles, Bowling for soup, Billy Talent, Sum41, Drenge, Surfer Blood

The Prodigy, Snoop Dogg, Disclosure, Alt-j, Franz Ferdinand, MGMT, The Joy Formidable, Fidlar, Cerebral Ballzy

NME

Friday: Example, Frank Ocean,

Saturday: The weeknd, The 1975

Sunday: Bombay Bicycle Club, Jagwar ma

1extra

Friday: Danny Brown

Saturday: Chance the Rapper

Sunday: De la Soul

Dance:

Friday: Sbtrkt

Saturday: Feed me

Sunday: Hot Chip

Rock:

NOFX

Trash Talk

Descendents

Festival Republic:

Mystery Jets

The Kills

Ash

Arctic monkeys, nick cave and the bad seeds, the maccabees, Chic with Nile Rodgers, Johnny marr, Ash, Everything everything, the strypes, best coast

Queens of the stone age, Pixies, The Smashing pumpkins, Babyshambles, Bowling for soup, Billy Talent, Sum41, Drenge, Surfer Blood

The Prodigy, Snoop Dogg, Disclosure, Alt-j, Franz Ferdinand, MGMT, The Joy Formidable, Fidlar, Cerebral Ballzy

NME

1extra

Dance:

Rock:

NOFX

Trash Talk

Descendents

Festival Republic:

Mystery Jets

The Kills

Ash

Really peculiar, but really good. Almost feels more like Bestival. Would never happen but I really wish it would.

Brixton = 5000 capacity

Roundhouse = 3300 capacity (assuming its ALL standing)

Editors are playing a bigger venue and more dates (18 in total, in comparison to Franz's 11) so you don't have much proof that there's more demand for either one tbh. If Franz's 2nd Roundhouse show sells out, all this shows is that there more demand for them in London alone. Editors have sold out their Manchester show - does this mean that in the north, they're more in demand?

Yeah I was gonna say, comparing bands via shows alone isn't always going to relate to placings at festivals

Fair point, although I think the speed of selling 3,300 tickets in such time shows that there's a greater level of demand; of course Editors could have sold that many tickets at Brixton on sale day but I think if demand was that high the standing would have sold out by now (it's been on sale for a good few weeks now.) Plus I think because of Franz's previous stature and amount of hits they've had they warrant a higher slot at a festival, like I said I can't see Editors subbing Bestival next year, but Franz Ferdinand are a band that still can (well, not sub Bestival next year, but you get the idea.)

If I'm honest, I do agree with you. I think Franz would play 3rd (but at a very tight stretch, perhaps 4th - but even here, they'd be given more time then the usual 4th placing I think). However, Editors placing of 5th down was unwarranted. They deserved to be higher. I full heartily feel that at any other festival (bar T, as its a pop festival right now), they will play a bit higher in the future.

Friday/Saturday

Main Stage: The Prodigy // Tinie Tempah // Vampire Weekend // Bastille // Kendrick Lamar // Peace // Asking Alexandria // Gallows // Arcane Roots

NME/Radio 1 Stage: You Me at Six // Bring Me the Horizon // Sum 41 // M83 // Maxïmo Park // The Heavy // Pulled Apart by Horses // JAWS // To Kill a King // Findlay

BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: Madeon

Saturday/Sunday

Main Stage: Queens of the Stone Age // Thirty Seconds to Mars // Placebo // Korn // Limp Bizkit // Killswitch Engage // The Joy Formidable // letlive. // Crossfaith

NME/Radio 1 Stage: Disclosure // The 1975 // Tom Odell // London Grammar // Local Natives // The Fratellis // While She Sleeps // Drenge // Ruen Brothers // Vigo Thieves

BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: Feed Me

Sunday/Friday

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds // Franz Ferdinand // Foster the People // Miles Kane // Billy Talent // The Strypes // Swim Deep // The Computers

NME/Radio 1 Stage: Frank Ocean // Rudimental // Of Monsters & Men // Passenger // CHVRCHES // Lower Than Atlantis // Icona Pop // Mallory Knox // Daughter // Young Kato

BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: DJ Fresh

that saturday is insane.

NME

1extra

Dance:

Rock:

NOFX

Trash Talk

Descendents

Festival Republic:

Mystery Jets

The Kills

Ash

that would be great

NME

1extra

Dance:

Rock:

NOFX

Trash Talk

Descendents

Festival Republic:

Mystery Jets

The Kills

Ash

That mainstage is all over the place. There's no flow. Nick Cave, Chic, Smashing Pumpkins, Snoop and the Pixies won't play Reading anymore imo.

Arctics

QOTSA

Weezer

Bastille

Blur

Noel Gallagher's HFB

Vampire weekend

Foster the people

Paramore

Pixies

Ym@6

Gaslight

Bullet

Friendly fires

Rudimental

good enough, probably too strong, needs less established acts :P

A choice between Paramore and Rudimental would be like choosing between... Well, Paramore and Rudimental. I can't think of anything else bad enough to compare it to.

If Paramore headlined and there was nobody else worthwhile on, I'd probably go watch them, purely because that Still Into You song is rate catchy

Saw Babyshambles tonight and thought they were great for the most part. Band were really tight and Pete was good, shame he was clearly annihilated. His antics were quite funny. Someone threw a t-shirt with the Libertines first NME cover on it to him, he held out up against him and went "Ssh, don't tell the boys!".

Now the disappointing part, went off for the encore. Came back and played "Minefield" which someone had requested but then just walked off stage without saying goodbye. Didn't play Fuck Forever, band all looked confused. Mick said he was going to go talk to him and they never came back. Just turned the lights on. :(

Edited by Mouseboy11

Your post about Babyshambles just set me on a Google freefall looking at all of the shows Pete/The Libs used to play at Tap N Tin (which is literally five miles down the road from where I live) making me think about how it used to be a focal point of gigs, new music and alternative culture and how one of the most exciting bands on the planet used to play shows on my doorstep. Now because the live scene is dead it just runs club nights playing shitty music and Pete is a destitute mess. Now I'm sad and I blame you entirely.