• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

£204 I think.

I read that about mbv, but Neil's not sure that's the case. Don't wanna go into the details cause I'll get confused and misquote him but he thinks they may still have been considered (I think).

MBV are Irish.

Edit: and so are Villagers. I am dumb. Didn't realise Irish acts were included.

Edited by dentalplan

Has anyone listened to the new Naked and Famous album? It's really incredible, definitely more mature-sounding. Would like to see them at Reading next year.

Do you have a link? I loved the first record.

I could see them playing low NME next year to be honest, like where Darwin Deez Played this year

Edited by Tobieski

MBV are Irish.

Edit: and so are Villagers. I am dumb. Didn't realise Irish acts were included.

Britain and ROI I guess? Depends where they're from in Ireland doesn't it though

£204 I think.

I read that about mbv, but Neil's not sure that's the case. Don't wanna go into the details cause I'll get confused and misquote him but he thinks they may still have been considered (I think).

Hm, okay, I don't know much about it anyway, just saw the mbv article and thought it sounded like a really silly rule. Of course they could have stretched the truth just cause they were a bit sore they weren't nominated (did sound a bit sore)

Won't be back next Summer, plus they'll headline with reunion hype.

Didn't know how long they're gonna be gone for, they'd dropped off the radar even before they said they were gonna stop for a bit

Ah I forgot about Foster the People. Was trying to think of someone to replace The 1975 as I don't think they're big enough really (a Mercury nomination would have helped). I've got Friendly Fires down as 3rd on main, although I think 4th would be more realistic. Struggling to think of acts to play third down with Enter Shikari and TDCC likely ruled out.

I think Friendly Fires will get quite a boost off the next album, they were 4th last time so 3rd or NME headliner is probably right. I think 3rd we could see the ones Andre said (You Me At Six, Vampire Weekend, Weezer, Bullet For My Valentine, The Maccabees, The Offspring) and then maybe The National, Friendly Fires, Franz Ferdinand, Jake Bugg, Bastille at a push, Snoop Dogg, Frank Ocean. Also Soundgarden, Raconteurs and Beady Eye as possibilities depending on what their related bands are doing.

Didn't know how long they're gonna be gone for, they'd dropped off the radar even before they said they were gonna stop for a bit

I could see them not coming back. "Hiatus" after both of their last two albums, with Matt not taking part in the latest gigs. Glad I saw them a couple of times on the Four tour, as I'd not seen them before (probably sounds crazy to everyone who's been to R&L a few times :P).

I think Friendly Fires will get quite a boost off the next album, they were 4th last time so 3rd or NME headliner is probably right. I think 3rd we could see the ones Andre said (You Me At Six, Vampire Weekend, Weezer, Bullet For My Valentine, The Maccabees, The Offspring) and then maybe The National, Friendly Fires, Franz Ferdinand, Jake Bugg, Bastille at a push, Snoop Dogg, Frank Ocean. Also Soundgarden, Raconteurs and Beady Eye as possibilities depending on what their related bands are doing.

Would Bastille really be a push? They're as big as almost everyone there really, aren't they? I think they'll play third if they don't headline NME.

Also Soundgarden, Raconteurs and Beady Eye as possibilities depending on what their related bands are doing.

where would the Dead Weather fit?

I could see them not coming back. "Hiatus" after both of their last two albums, with Matt not taking part in the latest gigs. Glad I saw them a couple of times on the Four tour, as I'd not seen them before (probably sounds crazy to everyone who's been to R&L a few times :P).

I can see that too, my friend would be absolutely devastated. they are literally the thing she loves most in the world, and she still hasn't seen them live!

Dean would have to play for a lot longer than Sergio Vega did. On more instruments, if that makes a difference.

I remember JEW playing twice in one day (main stage and then Lock-up headliner) and I'm pretty sure MCR played both sites in one day, so I'm sure it's not totally out of the question, though it's probably unlikely.