• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Bloody hell that's good setlist- would love Elvis Impersonator and The Everlasting!

2014_zps823365ab.jpg

Thought I'd make a poster. Apologies for the poor quality of the Disclosure and The Horrors logo's, I did this on powerpoint

I would love that lineup dude. As unpopular as this opinion will be on here, I'm liking The 1975 and Disclosure being opposite Jack White and QOTSA, I know I would be in the NME tent.

2014_zps823365ab.jpg

Thought I'd make a poster. Apologies for the poor quality of the Disclosure and The Horrors logo's, I did this on powerpoint

- The Offspring would be a bit of a crap booking for 3rd, didn't really inspire the audience the last time and since then they released that album with that song which was so bad people didn't know if it was a parody or not

- Pierce the Veil are a bit high, maybe one slot lower?

- After the C&S debacle this year I can't see an act like The Prodigy doing anything but headlining any more, but of course it's not out of the question

- Kendrick Lamar is a bit high, but it could happen

- Oh don't have Franz Ferdinand 5th, that's just depressing :( I think they could still pull off a 3rd slot, but maybe I'm just being biased because I like them.

- Miles Kane is maybe a bit high? I think if he plays he'll play 5th or be 3rd on NME

- Maybe swap MGMT and Everything Everything around

- The CC/Horrors combo is a bit boring and repetitive

- The Weeknd are playing the O2, 3rd on NME would be a bit insane, and considering that I doubt SBTRKT would play after them

- Most of your NME undercard is very weak

I'd maybe go on the QOTSA/Jack White day but I don't think it would sell anywhere near as well as this year IMO

Friday/Saturday

Main Stage: The Prodigy // Tinie Tempah // Vampire Weekend // Bastille // Kendrick Lamar // Peace // Asking Alexandria // Gallows // Arcane Roots
NME/Radio 1 Stage: You Me at Six // Bring Me the Horizon // Sum 41 // M83 // Maxïmo Park // The Heavy // Pulled Apart by Horses // JAWS // To Kill a King // Findlay
BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: Madeon

Saturday/Sunday

Main Stage: Queens of the Stone Age // Thirty Seconds to Mars // Placebo // Korn // Limp Bizkit // Killswitch Engage // The Joy Formidable // letlive. // Crossfaith
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Disclosure // The 1975 // Tom Odell // London Grammar // Local Natives // The Fratellis // While She Sleeps // Drenge // Ruen Brothers // Vigo Thieves
BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: Feed Me

Sunday/Friday

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds // Franz Ferdinand // Foster the People // Miles Kane // Billy Talent // The Strypes // Swim Deep // The Computers
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Frank Ocean // Rudimental // Of Monsters & Men // Passenger // CHVRCHES // Lower Than Atlantis // Icona Pop // Mallory Knox // Daughter // Young Kato
BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: DJ Fresh

- Kendrick Lamar is a bit high, but it could happen

- Oh don't have Franz Ferdinand 5th, that's just depressing :( I think they could still pull off a 3rd slot

- Miles Kane is maybe a bit high? I think if he plays he'll play 5th or be 3rd on NME

- The CC/Horrors combo is a bit boring and repetitive

- The Weeknd are playing the O2, 3rd on NME would be a bit insane, and considering that I doubt SBTRKT would play after them

Pretty sure Kendrick is more popular right now than Franz Ferdinand are, and Editors are also probably more/equally as popular, and they played 5th this year. Kendrick above them would look stupid to a lot of us on here, but not really to the mainstream - same as Lumineers above Editors.

Miles Kane isn't too high for the people that day would be marketed at - so many Arctics fans view him and Alex like Christians view Adam & Eve...

Is The Weeknd that popular here? I only see a select few really talking about him, I'd say A$AP is more popular and he subbed NME this year, not heard much about Kiss Land so I think third on NME would be generous for him this time next year, he'd be better off headlining 1xtra.

And we all know R&L love boring and repetitive

Sorry, went off on a bit of a Gazza ;)

Switch Lana Del Rey and Discosure.

that would make ALL the difference

Pretty sure Kendrick is more popular right now than Franz Ferdinand are, and Editors are also probably more/equally as popular, and they played 5th this year. Kendrick above them would look stupid to a lot of us on here, but not really to the mainstream - same as Lumineers above Editors.

Franz Ferdinand sold out Roundhouse in a day whereas you can still get tickets for Editors at Brixton so I'd probably say there's a bit more of a demand for Franz, plus they subbed Bestival, something I couldn't see Editors doing. I could see Kendrick playing 4th, I just think 5th might be a bit more likely, it's by no means out of the question though.

Miles Kane isn't too high for the people that day would be marketed at - so many Arctics fans view him and Alex like Christians view Adam & Eve...

I just think compared to Frank Turner, White Lies and The Lumineers he's a bit on the smaller side, but it's possible.

Is The Weeknd that popular here? I only see a select few really talking about him, I'd say A$AP is more popular and he subbed NME this year, not heard much about Kiss Land so I think third on NME would be generous for him this time next year, he'd be better off headlining 1xtra.

He's playing the O2 with the standing sold out and is playing two nights at Manchester Apollo with the first night completely sold out; I think that deserves him a bigger slot than Devlin

2014_zps823365ab.jpg

Well if that's true my run of successive Leeds festivals will end at 1! I don't like any of the bands on Sunday. Friday main is quite good but there are no WOW! bands there at all like there were this year.

Franz Ferdinand sold out Roundhouse in a day whereas you can still get tickets for Editors at Brixton so I'd probably say there's a bit more of a demand for Franz, plus they subbed Bestival, something I couldn't see Editors doing. I could see Kendrick playing 4th, I just think 5th might be a bit more likely, it's by no means out of the question though.

Brixton = 5000 capacity

Roundhouse = 3300 capacity (assuming its ALL standing)

Editors are playing a bigger venue and more dates (18 in total, in comparison to Franz's 11) so you don't have much proof that there's more demand for either one tbh. If Franz's 2nd Roundhouse show sells out, all this shows is that there more demand for them in London alone. Editors have sold out their Manchester show - does this mean that in the north, they're more in demand?

Friday/Saturday

Main Stage: The Prodigy // Tinie Tempah // Vampire Weekend // Bastille // Kendrick Lamar // Peace // Asking Alexandria // Gallows // Arcane Roots

NME/Radio 1 Stage: You Me at Six // Bring Me the Horizon // Sum 41 // M83 // Maxïmo Park // The Heavy // Pulled Apart by Horses // JAWS // To Kill a King // Findlay

BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: Madeon

Saturday/Sunday

Main Stage: Queens of the Stone Age // Thirty Seconds to Mars // Placebo // Korn // Limp Bizkit // Killswitch Engage // The Joy Formidable // letlive. // Crossfaith

NME/Radio 1 Stage: Disclosure // The 1975 // Tom Odell // London Grammar // Local Natives // The Fratellis // While She Sleeps // Drenge // Ruen Brothers // Vigo Thieves

BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: Feed Me

Sunday/Friday

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds // Franz Ferdinand // Foster the People // Miles Kane // Billy Talent // The Strypes // Swim Deep // The Computers

NME/Radio 1 Stage: Frank Ocean // Rudimental // Of Monsters & Men // Passenger // CHVRCHES // Lower Than Atlantis // Icona Pop // Mallory Knox // Daughter // Young Kato

BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage: DJ Fresh

yes please!!!!!