• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Here's the setlists for those gigs

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/weezer/2010/roseland-ballroom-new-york-ny-3d2853b.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/weezer/2010/roseland-ballroom-new-york-ny-5bd28708.html

It appears they played the albums after the greatest hits, could have sworn they played only in dreams, went off and played tired of sex when they came back on. Aah well, it was amazing regardless. Hopefully they'll bring it to the UK someday.

Edited by lightning1000

Weezer to headline NME opposite arctic monkeys so I'd have something to watch. Saw them in America a couple of years ago 2 night's in a row. The first night the played blue in full then a greatest hits set. The next night they played pinkerton in full (favorite album of all time) followed by a different greatest hits set. Absolutely the best gigs I've ever been to. And 2010 was the best performance at a fest I've seen. So yeah I'm a bit of a fan boy.If they were playing main it'd probably be third again but they should at least sub with how well they went down playing 3rd last time. Has to be a NME headline slot for me :)

Those setlists look blinding. I can definitely see the NME headline coming off; they're still a massive name and draw for the rock crowd and I don't think FR will just pop them in the same place as last time. Sadly, three years might not even be enough for them to return to Europe with how they usually just play America extensively every year and make their money from that. Can't wait for the day they do though - still kicking myself for missing them in 2010, even though it was a rather good NME stage lineup.

I kinda took the Calvin thing from I thin it was lucky who suggested than he thought R&L would be all over Calvin next year. If you think he's a nothing then you're wrong. I don't really like him but he's a huge crowd puller, maybe too much of the dance side for R&L but the fest has had Nero play and that stretches no further than a female singer for a few songs so it might not be that hard to imagine.

Hey, it's your prediction, stand by it on its merits or withdraw it, don't start wailing 'it wasn't me it was lucky'.

He is a nothing in terms of R&L because he will not be booked. I repeat, why not start suggesting Rihanna on the basis that Marina and the Diamonds played a couple of years back?

Hey, it's your prediction, stand by it on its merits or withdraw it, don't start wailing 'it wasn't me it was lucky'.

He is a nothing in terms of R&L because he will not be booked. I repeat, why not start suggesting Rihanna on the basis that Marina and the Diamonds played a couple of years back?

it was me yeah but check lucky'd posts dude, i didn't think of it until he put it.

and you're taking predictions WAY too seriously lol.

The Eminem/C&S booking was a nothing until this year. Find another that R&L has booked two acts like one after the other?

it was me yeah but check lucky'd posts dude, i didn't think of it until he put it.

and you're taking predictions WAY too seriously lol.

The Eminem/C&S booking was a nothing until this year. Find another that R&L has booked two acts like one after the other?

:sarcastic:

I don't understand what you're trying to say here but they have booked acts that are very similar to each other and completely different in those spots many times before.

I just think he's trying to say that if someone predicted the C&S/Eminem combo before hand they'd have been laughed at so he's just suggesting something out of the ordinary but I agree theres no way Calvin Harris would play R&L. Well at least I hope not

I think I remember alot of people were predicting C&S or Dizzee to sub under Mr Shady in the 2013 line up prediction game but this time last year it was a bit outside the box.

I think I remember alot of people were predicting C&S or Dizzee to sub under Mr Shady in the 2013 line up prediction game but this time last year it was a bit outside the box.

Oh yeah I get that once he was announced but before he was announced if someone suggested Em/C&S people would have been like 'Ha, Eminem headlining, no chance he has no material and especially not with that sub, it isn't V' kind of thing.

I just think he's trying to say that if someone predicted the C&S/Eminem combo before hand they'd have been laughed at so he's just suggesting something out of the ordinary but I agree theres no way Calvin Harris would play R&L. Well at least I hope not

this exactly. it's very much the whole whenever someone put Jay Z with Dizzee under I remember coming up, it was just chucked out, it's not massively different from that.

Why are you agreeing here but on my post the page before you are unsure what I'm trying to say?

Why are you agreeing here but on my post the page before you are unsure what I'm trying to say?

Am I agreeing with you or repsonding to foolee's comment :P

and I still can't read this part of your post and understand what you've written or the point you're trying to make. As a guess it's something to do with headliners and subs either do or don't match up even though in both cases they have had history of doing both.

I think Gazza's making the point that this time last year people were saying that Kanye wouldn't sub Jay-Z or Dizzee wouldn't sub Eminem (or any combination of those) because they wouldn't have a rap/hip hop sub and headliner but then Eminem and C&S were announced which proves that wrong.

Edited by mrtourette

I think Gazza's making the point that this time last year people were saying that Kanye wouldn't sub Jay-Z or Dizzee wouldn't sub Eminem (or any combination of those) because they wouldn't have a rap/hip hop sub and headliner but then Eminem and C&S were announced which proves that wrong.

I get it now that someone else has broken his coded message and to the question "Find another that R&L has booked two acts like one after the other?" Beasties & Prodigy :P

Am I agreeing with you or repsonding to foolee's comment :P

and I still can't read this part of your post and understand what you've written or the point you're trying to make. As a guess it's something to do with headliners and subs either do or don't match up even though in both cases they have had history of doing both.

either way, 15 years ago is the only example you kinda came up with. that's 2 years longer than it took them to book Eminem back and a cross genre dance act below too. That tells you something.

Edited by thewayiam

I feel like a little bit of my brain dissolves every time I read a conversation involving Gazza :(

- and anyway, C&S have a live band and a lot more credibility than Calvin Harris. And Calvin's never going to go back to how he used to be, I think Steve Jones asked him if he'd ever make an album like his first again, and his response was pretty much "what's the point when I'm famous now"

I feel like a little bit of my brain dissolves every time I read a conversation involving Gazza :(

- and anyway, C&S have a live band and a lot more credibility than Calvin Harris. And Calvin's never going to go back to how he used to be, I think Steve Jones asked him if he'd ever make an album like his first again, and his response was pretty much "what's the point when I'm famous now"

i swear he said his next album was probably not going to make the charts.