Indie Disco

Guest Big Vern

One of the best things for me about V Festival at Weston is the Friday night indie disco. Huge tent packed out with people getting ready for the weekend, dancing to (arguably) good tunes. Anything like that at Glasto on the Tue/Wed/Thu nights before the music kicks off on the Friday?

thanks

One of the best things for me about V Festival at Weston is the Friday night indie disco. Huge tent packed out with people getting ready for the weekend, dancing to (arguably) good tunes. Anything like that at Glasto on the Tue/Wed/Thu nights before the music kicks off on the Friday?

thanks

I'm so excited to get there & get along to some of this stuff this year - last Thursday night we ended up in the Dance Village with our tent-neighbours & had a good night, but this year as I'm now a veteran I'm looking forward to really exploring without feeling so daunted by the size of the whole place! :D

Each to their own and all that, but people searching out an indie disco at Glasto always strikes me as a little odd. Like people going to the cinema late at night. Surely a trip to an indie disco is quite a humdrum, everyday (weekend) activity; espcially when there's so much more eye-opening entertainment to be found all around the site. Same as people hanging around the wine bars at night. Oh look, they followed up Hey Jude by playing Kings of Leon; we simply must stay and have a sing-a-long. All very strange in my book.

Still, what ever floats people's boat. Horses for courses. Other cliches with vague ketamine/weather implications.

This is a super idea, I have never made it too Baggy Mondays, mainly because I know how packed it gets. That said JP tent holds 10,000 people so unless it was nearly full atmosphere would really suffer and it is also much nearer the village so more likely to be local sound issues.

Also I think the JP tent may count as a main stage, and if it does I think it is against the license to open this before the Friday.

In summary it wont happen.

Each to their own and all that, but people searching out an indie disco at Glasto always strikes me as a little odd. Like people going to the cinema late at night. Surely a trip to an indie disco is quite a humdrum, everyday (weekend) activity; espcially when there's so much more eye-opening entertainment to be found all around the site. Same as people hanging around the wine bars at night. Oh look, they followed up Hey Jude by playing Kings of Leon; we simply must stay and have a sing-a-long. All very strange in my book.

Still, what ever floats people's boat. Horses for courses. Other cliches with vague ketamine/weather implications.

The one thing I've never thought at Glastonbury is that their is a need for more indie music (and thats coming from someone who likes a fair bit of indie). i find the Wed and Thursday are much better for just wondering about and seeing to music you wouldn't normally listen to