Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Well, here's hoping that they have left that family behind now.

Homeland is more interesting for it's internal agency/geopolitical intrigue, it falls down in trying to present human relationships. The fact that all the characters in the business are dysfunctional helps there :)

Indeed, the Brody family are so 2 dimensional they even have a family member that both they and the audience seem to completely forget exists (the son), just a dull distraction at best.

If I wanted to see more of the back story perhaps more insight into some of her co-workers.

The series has a lot of possibilities, imo.

Indeed, the Brody family are so 2 dimensional they even have a family member that both they and the audience seem to completely forget exists (the son), just a dull distraction at best.

If I wanted to see more of the back story perhaps more insight into some of her co-workers.

The series has a lot of possibilities, imo.

Yeah what is the point in the son? I'm not even sure what his name is. Dana just seemed to be there to provide some sex scenes for this season. Pointless.

Christmas telly when you've got 92 year old fairly deaf mother in law with you isn't easy. It's easier to watch what she wants but it will be at fairly high volume. I suspect we'll have to settle for nine lessons and carols at full blast.

I hated the initial watch of SoA too. I gave up very quickly too after a couple of dips in and out. I disliked how they were running around, seemingly invulnerable to law enforcement, clearly racist (blacks are expressly prohibited from joining) but they're not True Racists as the skinheads have actual Swastika tattoos. How they were made out to be semi-okay kind of guys because they banned drug dealing in Charming, but then they sold weapons for the IRA, and now the Real IRA.

How wrong I was.

First, remember it's a costume drama. Hamlet on bikes. Just give it the space that it's kind of set now, but it's also kind of set in a late 60s kind of now. And then remember it's Kurt "The Shield" Stutter at the the helm.

They are unpleasant fucks. They are also shown in their best light too - as family men - but they are deeply unpleasant fucks and Sutter only seems to "let them off" so he can mutilate and destroy them another day. They are the agents of their own downfall, and I'm enjoying them being whittled down, even as I've actually grown quite fond of the characters.

The first season is foreplay. Just watch it and get over it. Season two heats up a bit - horrors happen, but surely it's a one off kind of horror? Heheh. Season 3, set in Ireland, is the low point. But still worth sticking through as seasons 4, 5, and 6 are gobsmacking.

3 episodes of season 3 left, like you said season 3 doesnt keep up with the standard set towards the end of season 2, the final scene in season 2 had my wife with tears in her eyes. I cant wait to get into the good stuff that follows.

I would of said Sherlock has turned shit but yeah. You'd think with it being away for so long the writers would have come up with something better.

They've gone for full on character development and forgot about mystery and plot. Compare last nights to the very first episode with the taxi driver and the poison! So so different.

They've gone for full on character development and forgot about mystery and plot. Compare last nights to the very first episode with the taxi driver and the poison! So so different.

I thought last nights was better than the previous but still poor. I agree with what you're saying, I think the problem is whereas before they were adapting the original Sherlock stories like A Study in Scarlet into modern day versions like the 1st episode but now the show has gotten big with the actors starring in major flicks so they they are servicing the cast rather than servicing the idea of a modern Sherlock story.