Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Completely agree - when you compare some of the 'baddies' from the earlier seasons (John Lithgow, Jonnie Lee Miller, etc), this was a bit of a let down. Also felt the ending was a bit of a cop out too.

I think "a bit of" is an understatement! On the subject of series endings, does anyone have any favourites? A lot of people talk about the Sopranos but to me that was quite middling. My favourites has to be six feet under but also think House had a good ending.

Buffy. I felt the conclusion and final episodes there were fantastic.

Currently watching through The Wire for the first time. Recently finished Season 3.

Really? Anya's death bugged me and I felt the idea of what happened is better than what actually happened on screen imo.

My girlfriend got me the Buffy boxset recently and we've been re-watching them for the last few weeks, I loved that show.

Really? Anya's death bugged me and I felt the idea of what happened is better than what actually happened on screen imo.

My girlfriend got me the Buffy boxset recently and we've been re-watching them for the last few weeks, I loved that show.

Yeah, I thought it brought a lot of characters to their conclusion, Anya's death I thought was fine, after she'd spent a long time of fearing her own mortality, and when initially introduced as a recurring character was very self-involved, it was the final step in her character development. Her sacrifice wasn't alone, it paired with Spike's. And the achievement/redemption for Willow was fantastic. I'd felt the characterisation in seasons 5 and 6 had got irritating, both the characters themselves and how in-your-face the changes were, but the final episodes of 7 struck the final developments brilliantly for everyone. It subtly completed character arcs, while having an epic finale to the Sunnydale hellmouth and the change into a new era.

I got it a couple of years ago, watched through in order for the first time and loved it. Now it's one of my go-to hangover shows that I watch while vegetating.

we are caught up with SOA now, its a bit frenetic.

This week's was carnage. I like that they've cleared out some of those storylines though, so it can be a bit more focused - been so much going on so far this series.

Sad to see Otto and Toric go though - two sick puppies!

This week's was carnage. I like that they've cleared out some of those storylines though, so it can be a bit more focused - been so much going on so far this series.

Sad to see Otto and Toric go though - two sick puppies!

definitely, the marshall was definitely a strange one!

I think tig knows jax was gonna do what he did, can see him heading off to join bobby. and Chibs seems to be a bit discontent too.

I hated the ending to The Sopranos.

Really loved the ending to Six Feet Under.

House ending was ok,I thought the last series was too heavy going though.

I think my favourate ending to a long running series though was The West Wing,wrapped it all up perfectly but still with scope to revist it in some manner should they want to,which I hope they don't.

On a lighter note,the origional ending to Only Fools...with them walking off as millionaires was excellent and also the ending of Friends was really good.

On a lighter note,the origional ending to Only Fools...with them walking off as millionaires was excellent and also the ending of Friends was really good.

Out of interest am I the only person who hated friends? I don't think I have ever met another person. I know it was inoffensive but I found the characters really annoying and didn't find it funny at all.

Out of interest am I the only person who hated friends? I don't think I have ever met another person. I know it was inoffensive but I found the characters really annoying and didn't find it funny at all.

I wouldn't say hate, but yeah, it wasn't funny and I didn't like any of the characters.

Friends has it's moments for me of being very good but I'd say it's a mostly harmless show that you can watch over dinner with the rest of the family who have mostly shite taste in TV. Rather than being anything that great, just a mostly harmless show.

Friends to me were the manufactured boy band/girl band of the tv world. It just felt to me like someone had thrown a few good looking people into a pot, pressed the "safe and simple jokes button" and the show was what popped out the other end. I guess its down to personal taste, I like my comedy with a bit of edge. Then again I loved Seinfeld which Im not sure i would classify as an edgy comedy but to me the program developed much more interesting characters. I found the characters in Friends bland and if you dont like the people or the jokes, your not going to watch.

I can understand why people like friends but I just found it irritating, unfortunately it was one of those programs you couldnt avoid if you had a tendancy to watch tv with your mates.

Unashamedly enjoyed Friends!

Love/Hate started again in Ireland last night so will be sitting down to that tonight :)

brilliant, really like Love/Hate. If anyone spots an HD rip anywhere out there in the wild, give us a shout please. The SD version is dodgy at best.

South Park for the 1st time has missed a deadline and there wont be a new episode this week due to a power cut in their studio, I'm amazed this is only the 1st time considering they make the episodes from start to finish in 6 days.

Edited by jump