Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

I just don't understand what happens now. And the few comments I've seen from those who've read the books suggest they got a bit shit from here on in. So will HBO take a Walking Dead approach and go down the "inspired by" route, or continue sticking closely to the books? I don't think any of that is a spoiler but please tell me if it needs tagging! I'm just stunned by that episode. For those who also watch Sons of Anarchy (and are up to date with USA)

it's on a par with Opie in terms of shock factor for me! Although I was marginally more traumatised by SOA!

no, that event in SOA doesnt even come close. It took me ages to get to sleep last night, I just kept thinking "jesus fucking christ" again and again.

you saw that coming, it was eased onto you, this was just utter barbarism, that came completely out of nowhere at a family wedding

if frankie boyle is posting spoilers - then he's a class one c**t.

no, that event in SOA doesnt even come close. It took me ages to get to sleep last night, I just kept thinking "jesus fucking christ" again and again.

you saw that coming, it was eased onto you, this was just utter barbarism, that came completely out of nowhere at a family wedding

if frankie boyle is posting spoilers - then he's a class one c**t.

i don't think it came completely out of nowhere - Frey was clearly a pretty disgusting creature who was unlikely to let a slight like Robb's pass unpunished. At the same time, to wipe out two major characters and one upcoming one has left me reeling! He's the King in the North ffs! And Lady Stark was pretty freaking awesome. Waaaaaaaah!

I didn't see the SOA one coming at all, and was much like you were last night after watching it!

I just don't understand what happens now. And the few comments I've seen from those who've read the books suggest they got a bit shit from here on in. So will HBO take a Walking Dead approach and go down the "inspired by" route, or continue sticking closely to the books? I don't think any of that is a spoiler but please tell me if it needs tagging! I'm just stunned by that episode. For those who also watch Sons of Anarchy (and are up to date with USA)

it's on a par with Opie in terms of shock factor for me! Although I was marginally more traumatised by SOA!

There is still quite a lot to cover yet and there will not be any real need to digress from the books. Well so far anyway. The screenplay does not stick religiously to the books. A couple of bits in this episode are not in the book and they are not afraid to add characters.

My eldest was sat in shock and I found it satisfying. it really does show the quality of the writing. One of the best things I have seen on TV.

I loved this video discussion of last nights episode with the people who bring you "The Young Turks" on youtube

I'll spoilerise it because I'm sure the thumbnail will be a spoiler.

Its a half hour discussion, covers the episode in depth, and you will definitely find out stuff you have missed so far.

and this is class too, but very spoilerific. reaction video compilation. spot the people on the different settees that have read the books, sat with their mates who havent. the girl early on is class, the way she side glances and smirks at her mate....

Just pondering GOT again on the walk to the station this morning and reliving the disbelief :lol:

I've mentioned it before, but has anyone other than the Irish contingent watched Love/Hate (only because it's probably old news for them!)? We're halfway through Series 3 now and really enjoying it - three episodes whizzed by last night. Then again that may be because my previously-unearthed passion for thugs has found a new muse in Tommy :lol:

I'm glad I watched this week's game of thrones before opening up today's Metro. I'm sure there are going to be some people who are absolutely fuming this morning.

daily mail too though most of the papers have a last night's tv column or if a soap or program has a scene that causes controversy they are happy to report it the next day. There has never really been any concept of spoilers in the printed press as far as I can remember