Glastonbury Moments 2017

Bluebella

What were your special moments of 2017? 

I was a TV watcher and here are a few of mine:

Stormzy! Not really my thing but he was the first to make me shed a tear when he sang for his mum "look at me now Mum, performing to 30,000 people". I then shed another tear when I spotted a woman who looked about 80 dancing and having the time of her life near the barrier, and again another when Stormzy gave a young teenage lad his jacket, his face was priceless.

Anderson Paak's smile.

Father John Misty performing "Honey Bear", reaching out into the audience hugging people, some guy has his arms around him and his face was screwed up in a ball of ecstasy.

The Flaming Lips performing "Do You Realise" to an intimate and mesmerised audience at The Park,  with rainbows, glitter and psychedelic lights shooting from the stage.

"You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round
Do you realize, oh, oh, oh?
Do you realize that everyone you know
Someday will die?"

Frank Carter threatening to have a "dick head barbeque" if anyone acted inappropriately to female crowd surfers. 

P.S very disappointed that there is more activity on the Dick Moves and Angry Young Girls threads than this one - it wasn't like that people was it???

The whole of Kate Tempest's set on West Holts, but in particular that last, new track when she was just accompanied by her keyboard player. Perfectly pitched, beautifully poignant, and had everyone around & including me, wiping the 'dust' out of their eyes. 

The best set I've seen at glasto for many years

The Glastonbury moment happened in near-as-damnit the same spot as it did in 2016 for me - Legends Slot, Sunday afternoon, belting along to Stayin' Alive. Happened during ELO and Livin' Thing last year.

It's that sort of moment where you're half out-of-body, look around and think "This is the greatest place in the world right now."

Also emotionally collapsed to my knees and cried after Fake Plastic Trees. That's probably a moment too.

Islands in the stream, staying alive...most of bazza's set but when he talked about robin and got a bit choked I completely went. Also the entire pyramid field chanting chic and waving their hands up and down, it looked amazing. Green light at the end of lorde's set jumping up and down like mad with everyone around us. 

24 minutes ago, mario man said:

The whole of Kate Tempest's set on West Holts, but in particular that last, new track when she was just accompanied by her keyboard player. Perfectly pitched, beautifully poignant, and had everyone around & including me, wiping the 'dust' out of their eyes. 

Europe is Lost was ferocious too. Genius is an overused word but applies to her

27 minutes ago, mario man said:

For me the key part of that set was Tunnel Vision.

I blubbed my way through Purple Rain at the end of Rob Da Banks Price tribute in the Spike. Genuinely couldn't stop. Husband had the same during Ralph McTell's Streets Of London on the LeftField, tbf Billy had gone during that too.

Otherwise personally, Sunday evening up at the Stone Circle, still some warmth from the sun and we just chilled out up there while everyone else was preparing for Ed etc and it felt properly old school.

So many moments! The start of Radiohead's set - just the anticipation of it all. When Micheal brought Jeremy Corbyn out on stage - just seeing Michael or Emily sets me off when I think how hard they've worked to create such a brilliant festival for us. The Hacienda Classical doing You've Got The Love. Seeing how completely overcome the XX were to be playing to that crowd on the Pyramid stage.

But my ultimate moment was at about 6pm on Thursday when my boyfriend proposed to me at the top of the ribbon tower overlooking the site. I was completely overwhelmed and still am. Not quite sure how we can ever top this year but I'm sure we'll give it a good go in 2019!

No Reptiles at Williams green.

Radioheads set from start to finish.

Jeremy Corbyn coming off stage to be instantly followed by RTJ doing Talk to Me was surreal.

Foo Fighters set but especially Best Of You. That was some glasters magic right there.

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes whole set. Went in not really knowing what to expect. Left a full on believer.

Mr Brightside

I lost it after seeing Depeche Mode Tribute act, they were fab and i just so want the real boys to headline.

During Radiohead set Goosbumps.

The minute silence for London and Manchester 

During Rag n bone man when he hits the high note in his song Hell Yeah.

And completely broke when we had finished our Recycling shift on Monday and over the radio we were told how brilliant we had been and the site is looking beautiful.

Edited by milly16

Considering I mainly enjoy the late night entertainment and in 2016 didn't really leave the glade and SE corner, I decided to stop being an idiot and go and explore the whole festival and I'm so glad I did.

Lianne La Havas, Royal Blood, The XX, Radiohead, The Bootleg Beatles, London Grammar all brought a tear to my eye. And infact the only dance I act I really really enjoyed was Sasha & Digweeds glade set, my musical tastes have widened massively thanks to Glastonbury! 

A vintage year for me, and I'm really quite sad its all over and back to work tomorrow!

Beans on Toast singing Jamie and Lily while they danced with each other on stage.

Hobo doing 3 Little Birds and blubbing at the end (again).

Build a Rocket Boys.

All These Things That I've Done.

The crowd singing Best Of You at the Foos.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

But my ultimate moment was at about 6pm on Thursday when my boyfriend proposed to me at the top of the ribbon tower overlooking the site. I was completely overwhelmed and still am. Not quite sure how we can ever top this year but I'm sure we'll give it a good go in 2019!

Congratulations! I wasn't there but I witnessed another proposal myself.  Wonderful moment.

I heard about a proposal where the pope was in attendance :D

Two of my moments.

During Bootleg Beatles, With A Little Help From My Friends.  Dancing with my Camp Solo camp mates I totally lost it. @thurlow84 Gave me a massive hug and a can of cider.

When I automatically walked into Castles In The Sky because I always do that with my husband. Realisation that he wasn't there had me sobbing and being hugged by the guy on the stall and his wife.  I am grateful to them x