Corbyn appearing on Pyramid!

slipmatt

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, wilem said:

He's improved massively since taking on leadership though - in fairness to the guy, he went from being a rebelling back bencher to leader of the party. It's going to take a while to get used to the spin and find your feet.

Maybe I'm letting him off a bit much... But I think he's come a long way.

he's come a huge way, and that's a good thing - but that doesn't mean he still can't be shit on occasions. 

I've been a pretty strong Corbyn critic (though this has softened considerably since last week) but it's hard to argue with this. The festival is founded on plenty of the principles Corbyn stands for and if we can have Caroline Lucas on one year we can certainly have Corbyn too. Plus it might ease some of the crowds when he's on in the Leftfield. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

he's come a huge way, and that's a good thing - but that doesn't mean he still can't be shit on occasions. 

Oh absolutely - got some major major flaws. But the momentum he's got going is admirable and gives us some hope.

Hopefully he's still strong at spitting bars though - I'm down for a verse with RTJ

3 minutes ago, wilem said:

Hopefully he's still strong at spitting bars though - I'm down for a verse with RTJ

Doing Zac's bit on Kill your masters, I'd hope.  

3 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

''the naughtiest thing I've ever done is run backwards through a field of dicks!''

No upvotes left, but genius.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's nothing of what I'm getting at.

Jez can do much better, by himself. No change of leader is required, just a change of leader's attitude to actually be that leader. Slating his own shadow minister for presenting the manifesto properly and as written is not good leadership.

I think he's probably taken on board a lot of feedback and ironed out some of his weaknesses, but is he really ever likely to become gaff-free - even if he tries really hard?  There's definitely an important place in politics for him, and I probably want a world to what he wants, but I'm not convinced that the substance is there in his make-up to effectively run a government and be fully on top the broad spectrum of things that are required.  Maybe he can surround himself with brilliant people - many people are highly effective by having more effective people around them.  Problem one, he currently doesn't.  Problem two, as PM he's expected to carry the competence of the party, and answer questions from all angles every Wednesday.

Apologies if you're currently getting at him a different angle - I've honestly not been reading, sorry.  Having said the above, I do have huge time for him and I'm definitely not in a rush to see the back of him.

Edit: but obviously there's another thread for this sort of banter - and I've work to do (i.e. check the weather thread again...)

Edited by p.pete

Saw him speak at a rally the day before the election last week, was fantastic - hugely uplifting and a great addition for anyone who believes/agrees with his politics. Great move by him at a time when increasing levels of public support will force the parliamentary party to unite around him.

1 minute ago, windy_miller said:

In other news, the TBA on the Park stage on Friday is now confirmed as Theresa May introducing the Sleaford Mods.

can't we have sleaford mods introducing May? That'd be better. 

Or OMD to play their hit 'Theresa May'.

and maybe get The Stranglers to follow with a rendition of 'Gordon Brown'.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Theresa May was there last year but stayed backstage and only addressed the security staff.

and Sturgeon is there next year, insistent the festival is going ahead, and that her presence transcends the lack of acts.

Corbyn would be there too, but he lost his ticket and is now sat on the floor over-dramatising the difficulties its caused him (but at least his wife got in OK). :P

Edited by eFestivals