Corbyn appearing on Pyramid!

slipmatt

Just now, Tdiz said:

No I get what you mean totally.

It was just the comment about avoiding politics all weekend, when the band in themselves are heavily political was a little contradictory.

Yeah, I see what you mean, but there's a big difference between listening to music and thinking of it as a political rant. I don't get my politics from music, I like it because of the beats, the rapping, some of the lyrics are hilarious - a lot of stuff about sucking dicks for some reason, haha. But being lectured by Corbyn is not exactly something I was wishing for

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Shut up, Theresa. 

Ha fuck off! Just because I don't believe in hero worshipping a flawed politician who lost an election against the worst PM and government in modern history, a Tory it makes me not.  

No gods, no masters, and no feckin cultish shite about politicians. They're all w*nkers who will betray you at the first offer of a lucrative speaking tour once they do the bidding of money & true power. 

11 minutes ago, birdsnest said:

Ouch though, if those times are to believed I could make it just in time to see Busted walk off the stage...

That maybe the highlight of the set :P

Just kidding, saw McBusted a few years back at something local I got freebies for and they weren't all that horrific. 

2 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

My point was that, regardless of the lyrics, you're going to get political rants during their set anyway.

Dick jokes.  Lots of dick jokes.  That's what you are going to get, and El-P is going to say "true story" with a wry grin at the end of Lie, cheat, steal, kill.

2 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

My point was that, regardless of the lyrics, you're going to get political rants during their set anyway.

Yeah, but surey you can see a difference between a political rant by a politician and a band making music? And yeah if they do an actual rant about politics, it won't be my favourite part of the set. It seems quite a few people aren't able to separate the two which is surprising as if they get their political knowledge from songs. No wonder our country is in a political mire when people think you have to like the politics of a band to like their music

7 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

No gods, no masters, and no feckin cultish shite about politicians. They're all w*nkers who will betray you at the first offer of a lucrative speaking tour once they do the bidding of money & true power. 

or for five grand from banned-for-torturing-a-journo live on-air Iranian TV.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

or alternatively, those less adoring will look on in horror at the cultish behaviour.

How's it any different to people cheering a band they like? Are they all cultish morons too? I like him, I like his politics, I wish him well, I'll cheer for him, not sure why others will be sat back feeling intellectually superior for not feeling the same way. 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He's on Left Field earlier on in the day.

Think that clashes with Amber Arcades. Ah well, it's not like I've not had loads of chances to see Corbyn over the last few months. He launched his manifesto in my home city!

53 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A political band that would be doing political rants anyway.

edit:  soz.  I see that this has already been comprehensively dismantled.

55 minutes ago, Pilgrim S said:

but your favourite band is overtly political. Perhaps you should get a new favourite band.

56 minutes ago, Tdiz said:

Bit of a contradiction?!

49 minutes ago, Tdiz said:

No I get what you mean totally.

It was just the comment about avoiding politics all weekend, when the band in themselves are heavily political was a little contradictory.

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Was hoping to avoid dancing at the festival, I hope Chic doesn't incorporate that.

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was hoping to avoid cider at the cider bus.

I'm a bit late here!

14 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

id like to know how anyone manages to avoid politics at glastonbury, let alone a fan of run the jewels?

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You're going to get an awful shock if you ever listen to their lyrics... :P

Yeah, but as I've already said, I don't like a band based on their politics. There's some of the lyrics I know which aren't very factual, but I like the music, not who they'd vote for. I just like the music! :D

Just now, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah, but as I've already said, I don't like a band based on their politics. There's some of the lyrics I know which aren't very factual, but I like the music, not who they'd vote for. I just like the music! :D

Then it sounds like you're already pretty good at ignoring political content - you'll be fine :D