Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

it would be fun that Arctic Monkeys would indeed be confirmed to MadCool, but the 29th to be a different thing. 

what makes me say this is Mad Cool isn't promoting the date of 29, although i believe the 29 thing is going to be AM.

They haven't but they did put out their '0114' post last week, effectively confirming them before doing the same type tease as they did with their Pearl Jam announcement by turning it into '14+1'. I'd be shocked if they didn't confirm AM on Monday alongside these others. Mad Cool did also say not long ago that the full poster would be out by the end of Jan

3 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

+ Flow Helsinki, Oyafestivalen and Sziget

Damnnn,  Oyafestivalen is packed very well, Arcade Fire, Kendrick Lamar, Brockhampton and now Arctic Monkeys.

I hope that Primavera announcing on Monday is pure coincidence and that they´ll not book Arctic, I still think that they´ll only play Mad Cool and Nos Alive. 

Just now, Mattd1205 said:

They haven't but they did put out their '0114' post last week, effectively confirming them before doing the same type tease as they did with their Pearl Jam announcement by turning it into '14+1'. I'd be shocked if they didn't confirm AM on Monday alongside these others. Mad Cool did also say not long ago that the full poster would be out by the end of Jan

yes, that's what i said. they teased AM and not the date. also NOS Alive, that is rumoured to also have AM, didn't promote the 29th january.

what i'm saying is that it would be funny that the date is not about AM, but about another thing. although from the rumours i belive it will be

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

They're also playing Blue Dot now alongside Chemical Brothers, The Flaming Lips and some pretty good other names the same month.

So have we got a chance of getting Chemical Brothers and Lips, too? Or is end of June and July too far apart to suggest overlap? Oh my God, they've got UNKLE, too. Would looove to see them - or "just" DJ Shadow as I sadly missed him on last year's tour. Nadine Shah, The Orb, Booka Shade... What a lovely line-up Bluedot has got.

25 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

it would be fun that Arctic Monkeys would indeed be confirmed to MadCool, but the 29th to be a different thing. 

what makes me say this is Mad Cool isn't promoting the date of 29, although i believe the 29 thing is going to be AM.

Still time to promote that date. 

Tinderbox (dk) is also announcing on Monday. 

38 minutes ago, Createur said:

Still time to promote that date. 

Tinderbox (dk) is also announcing on Monday. 

Where have you seen Tinderbox? 

Edit: On the press release:

we can already now reveal that a new headliner will be added to the poster on Monday the 29th of January.

We should expect Hurricane/Southside for AM as well, heavily rumored to play there and both festivals are also owned by FKP Scorpio (like BKS and Tinderbox)

Edited by Orens

I really feel the late announcement is a strong indicator arctic monkeys will be playing.

also.. It's my first time heading primavera and I'm finding the timetabling super confusing. If the main festival is on the 31st to the 2nd, are the other two days worth attending? Do any of the main acts play those days?

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I still think that it is odd that Gabi talked about releasing the timetable earlier when it must have been known for a long time that AM would announce this big tour on the 29th.

They know that half of Europe will announce Arctic Monkeys on Monday so they would choose another date for their line-up reveal to get more spotlight. They've never released on a Monday before, too.

It's clear that the 29th is not chosen by Primavera Sounds management but by a certain band.

12 minutes ago, sp1997372 said:

I really feel the late announcement is a strong indicator arctic monkeys will be playing.

also.. It's my first time heading primavera and I'm finding the timetabling super confusing. If the main festival is on the 31st to the 2nd, are the other two days worth attending? Do any of the main acts play those days?

There are actually seven days, with Monday and Tuesday only having a couple of club gigs at night. Wednesday and Sunday are also great, you should see the day splits before deciding on it.

1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

Øya will not announce AM, and they have just said: "more announcements next week" - so no specific date. They have already the four headliners: Arcade Fire, Kendrick Lamar, Lykke Li and Cezinando.

As previously said, there might/will be a fifth headliner, playing Wednesday after AF

Edited by puckno

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

There are actually seven days, with Monday and Tuesday only having a couple of club gigs at night. Wednesday and Sunday are also great, you should see the day splits before deciding on it.

Interesting.. I'm afraid to leave booking flights and hotels until after the day splits go up so will probably just chance it

1 minute ago, sp1997372 said:

Interesting.. I'm afraid to leave booking flights and hotels until after the day splits go up so will probably just chance it

I expect the day splits on Monday, just like in 2016 (posted right after the poster). This is a relatively late announcement, they are probably good to go this time.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sp1997372 said:

these are the breakdowns for the last 2 years, basically the main days are Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

https:///s/primaverasound16/

https:///s/primavera2017/

I'm flying out Wednesday morning and back on Monday evening.

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

these are the breakdowns for the last 2 years, basically the main days are Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

https:///s/primaverasound16/

https:///s/primavera2017/

I'm flying out Wednesday morning and back on Monday evening.

Nice one, thanks. I was thinking of doing the same but flight prices make it cheaper to arrive the Tuesday, so I might as well be there for the full 5 days now!

6 minutes ago, sp1997372 said:

Nice one, thanks. I was thinking of doing the same but flight prices make it cheaper to arrive the Tuesday, so I might as well be there for the full 5 days now!

I usually go on the Monday and leave on the Monday. The Sunday has been the better than some of the festival days in the past. LCD Soundsystem did a club night in town on the Tuesday that was better than the main gig in Mordor.