Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Just now, puckno said:

I was in front. One of the sweatiest club gigs Ive been to, my leather jacket dissolved. Great though!

Best gig I've ever been to, period.

By the way, I just saw this today from the Ty Segall and the Muggers Sunday gig. I'm pretty sure that was me crowdsurfing there:

image.png.f1c635956d2e673bb0f0ccbece29e616.png

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Orens said:

Best gig I've ever been to, period.

By the way, I just saw this today from the Ty Segall and the Muggers Sunday gig. I'm pretty sure that was me crowdsurfing there:

image.png.f1c635956d2e673bb0f0ccbece29e616.png

That Ty gig was insane, hope we get another similar one this year.

Panorama has been teasing a lineup announcement since yesterday, it will be out by tomorrow or, say... Monday.

The festival is happening on July 27-29th, two weeks after Mad Cool, and AM are heavily rumored to headline Lollapalooza a week later, then come back for the Scandinavian ones and Sziget.

AM could be all over the place this summer, PS is likely to have their first festival gig.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm willing to give Arctic Monkeys a chance. For anyone who likes them, what is their best album?

General consensus is that their first one and favourite worst nightmare are the best. I'd have to agree, humbug is also alright, suck it and see is quite forgettable. I liked AM as I find it fun but it's not much of a step up from suck it and see, still, it's better.

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

General consensus is that their first one and favourite worst nightmare are the best. I'd have to agree, humbug is also alright, suck it and see is quite forgettable. I liked AM as I find it fun but it's not much of a step up from suck it and see, still, it's better.

Thanks!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm willing to give Arctic Monkeys a chance. For anyone who likes them, what is their best album?

If you are on sxfy or similar streaming services a good way to listen up on bands are by their previous set lists. E.g. at http://setify.co you can get auto generated sxfy playlists based on previous set lists. (My apologies if these features are old news).

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, sp1997372 said:

Flights / tickets / accommodation booked. Always scares me booking pre-lineup

Don't worry - my friends and I have been going without knowing the line-up the past three years and were never disappointed. With such variety, there is ALWAYS something you a) want to see or b ) stumble across and like/love anyway. This year, we bought our PS tickets a couple of days after getting back from last year's festival, cos we were like "what the heck, we'll end up wanting to go again anyway, so why wait?" ;)
I agree with the others: try to attend the club concerts, too. Sleaford Mods at Apolo last year were insane, for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Certainly start with the first two. As for the other three - really depends on your personal taste. For me humbug is ok, it took quite some time for Suck it and See to grow on me, but is now the one I listen to the most. And AM I don't like at all...

We will see about the new one though, which will be most heavily represented I assume.

1 minute ago, sp1997372 said:

Unsure if this has been pointed out before, but apparently Arctic monkeys posted an Instagram story of dates they're playing along with coordinates of the location of the dates, with one pointing to primavera. Wonder if this is real?

link: https://t.co/lED74ZniQ2

It's been proved it's not official. Doesn't mean the info is wrong though.

Future Islands have announced a Barcelona gig near their Mad Cool. We can deduce two things:

No Future Islands at PS. 

Mad Cool aren't claiming exclusivity on most bands. Tame Impala are peninsular exclusive (after performing Currents material on four-five Iberian festivals :rofl:), and I think Alice in Chains are Spain exclusive, but both Wolf Alice and Future Islands aren't exclusives and we're only in January. I believe Arctic Monkeys will be next.

25 minutes ago, Orens said:

Future Islands have announced a Barcelona gig near their Mad Cool. We can deduce two things:

No Future Islands at PS. 

Mad Cool aren't claiming exclusivity on most bands. Tame Impala are peninsular exclusive (after performing Currents material on four-five Iberian festivals :rofl:), and I think Alice in Chains are Spain exclusive, but both Wolf Alice and Future Islands aren't exclusives and we're only in January. I believe Arctic Monkeys will be next.

Alice in Chains are also playing Nos Alive