Crows Nest

PorkSoda

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, for anyone who likes em, Mik Artistik is giving away hospitality wristbands on his face book page for a midnight Friday show at the hospitent. The first batch have been snapped up but there's a waiting list and he said he's reserving a bunch until following his shows, so all the more reason to get a decent spot at the band stand

3 hours ago, Divein said:

Line up gets written on the chalkboard every morning and then they tweet a picture of it out. 

Because this is my favourite part of Glastonbury I've gone back and grabbed the line ups each day for the last 2 years pretty much to give you an idea of the type of bands who play. 

The guy who runs crows nest is Jagwar Mas agent which is why they are always there. 

IMG_0336.JPG

Apparently Jagwar Ma played in that big gap before 11:45, so it could be worthwhile looking for similar gaps in the timetable.

1 hour ago, musky said:

Apparently Jagwar Ma played in that big gap before 11:45, so it could be worthwhile looking for similar gaps in the timetable.

Nah they didn't that was the Sunday. It was just a Mac De Marco and then Jono djing

Jagwar Ma played on the Friday night.

44 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

Joe Goddard will be there, I can feel it in my watersIMG_4030.thumb.PNG.5b9631f4db784952bbad814d684ce379.PNG

Guessing this will on the Sunday - he tweeted an image of his festival calendar that lists his sets at the Beat Hotel and the Park Friday and Saturday as well as a Sunday date I can't find anything else for.

8 hours ago, Divein said:

Line up gets written on the chalkboard every morning and then they tweet a picture of it out. 

Because this is my favourite part of Glastonbury I've gone back and grabbed the line ups each day for the last 2 years pretty much to give you an idea of the type of bands who play. 

The guy who runs crows nest is Jagwar Mas agent which is why they are always there. 

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

Dya know roughly what time the board goes up? 

7 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Dya know roughly what time the board goes up? 

7 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Do they they post who is playing on twitter on the day? Would save having to go up there every day to check if not around that area, can't miss King Gizzard in there if it happens.

I'm not really sure what time the board goes up. But all of the pictures are taken off their twitter everyday and looking back the picture usually goes up by middayish

10 hours ago, Divein said:

Nah they didn't that was the Sunday. It was just a Mac De Marco and then Jono djing

Jagwar Ma played on the Friday night.

Ah, right you are. I was just going by a facebook post - I didn't even have a ticket last year.

7 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Do they they post who is playing on twitter on the day? Would save having to go up there every day to check if not around that area, can't miss King Gizzard in there if it happens.

Yes they do, as does the Secret Glasto account.

16 hours ago, Jugtanion said:

PS - have said on the Map thread, but Dutch Uncles let me know they're playing Crows Nest on Thurs eve

That's fantastic, I was just coming in here to say I hope they played as I doubt I'll see their WG set. Thursday evening is perfect too, how early do you think we should get there?

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets said:

That's fantastic, I was just coming in here to say I hope they played as I doubt I'll see their WG set. Thursday evening is perfect too, how early do you think we should get there?

They didn't say what time they're playing (whereas they did know the time of their WG set). So evening could be any time from 7pm onwards maybe? I normally have a mooch up there thurs afternoon anyway (without turning around, obviously) so will check out in advance

3 hours ago, faymondo said:

Watched Connan Mockasin perform in the Crows Nest late one evening. One of my all time Glastonbury moments and I had never heard of him at that point. 

Pleased you saw Mockasin get past the sound check. I saw him on The Park stage a couple of years ago and his set was mired with issues for the first 20 mins. Unless that was his set!

On 2017-6-2 at 5:12 PM, Jugtanion said:

PS - have said on the Map thread, but Dutch Uncles let me know they're playing Crows Nest on Thurs eve

I read that She Drew The Gun are playing Thurs night also.

Sivu playing there Friday at 4pm. I think it's highly likely Amber Arcades will be somewhere too as she's liked a couple of Crows Nest's tweets and stuff. That'd be dope.

On 2017-6-3 at 8:47 AM, majormajormajor said:

I guess getting there say 30 mins for the Gizz might work? I remember trying to see Toy one year, couldn't even get close to getting in.

Could walk right in last time they played but their popularity's gone up a fair bit since then which makes it hard to say.

Have had some good times at the crows nest. A particularly enjoyable dj set from Al Doyle last year, which turned into a wee party when someone (in fact pretty sure it was Joe...) announced that we were to remain part of the EU. I didn't believe anyone when I woke up and heard the opposite... Also a lovely set from Alexis Taylor last year too. Surprised he's not playing anywhere in fact.