Festival Bags

JoBalls

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Well you've got me here. Maybe I've smoked too much but I've no idea what you're on about.

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think that I know what a carabiner is, but have no idea why they'd be 'laying around' in Sheffield. I'm looking forward to being enlightened.

Aaaah sorry, it's because everyone and their dog is way more into climbing than is normal. Proximity of the Peak District I think! :) And carabiners are used for climbing...although it could well be a word for something else to for all I know!

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Aaaah sorry, it's because everyone and their dog is way more into climbing than is normal. Proximity of the Peak District I think! :) And carabiners are used for climbing...although it could well be a word for something else to for all I know!

Hello Sasperella,

Thanks for clarifying what I thought they were. I had no idea that Sheffield had a disproportionate number of climbers among it's midst. I really don't get climbing, but each to their own. :)

I keep anything important, e.g. ID, cash and goodies inside the clear pocket thing that comes with the guide in on entrance, I then wrap the strap through a belt loop so if it comes out of pocket it's still attached to me (lost my wallet in 2015 when plastered so this is my new approach). Other than that I have one of those cycling backpacks that are tiny and would get in no ones way in a crowd, if later in the day it holds the hydration pack filled with 3l of gin'n'tonic and about 3 beers, poncho, packet of tissues and sun cream etc, if earlier in the day the hydration pack is empty and inside I can fit about 6 or 7 cans in it :).

Considering buying one of those 'coolbag' rucksacks to keep cans cool throughout the day... has anyone done this before and is it worth it? Got a camper with fridge so can start cold every morning... ordered a new bumbag today too - OH THE EXCITEMENT 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Backpack for booze / spare jacket and the like. I use a 'travel' bumbag for valuables. Basically a light weight travel pouch from Tesco/Asda for a couple of quid with an elasticated band which I tie to belt buckle and stuff into pocket. Perfect really for phone / cash / other valuables. 

21 minutes ago, Bubblecup said:

When EE said "they" (yeo valley) are not doing a bag I wonder if someone else is instead

Yeah, from her saying "the bag", it sounds like there is a bag, just that Yeo Valley aren't involved.