Festival Bags

JoBalls

12 hours ago, Spindles said:

So someone has gone to great lengths to just downvote that post repeatedly?  Some people have far too much time on their hands.  Consider that a reason to upvote, I know I did.

Walks off tutting.

it seems... thanks for upvote :)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, JoBalls said:

My waist pack arrived today and it's excellent. Sits nicely under my left tit and has enough room for all my stuff without being too bulky. 

Gonna get me one of those foldup backpacks on payday for carrying my booze around and I'm done!! 

which one did you go for?

On 4/8/2017 at 10:44 PM, giantkatestacks said:

Just how do lots of you travel so light? I am boggled by it. Once I am out for the day / evening theres no way I'm trawling all the way back up to Tom'sField again so it has to have coat, suncream, snacks, loo roll, torch, clashfinder, sunglasses, phone, hip flask. 

I suppose thats when camping in Pennards or Oxylers makes a difference as you can just go back for stuff.

Normally up at the top of Big Ground, so I don't like to go back either. Stopped carrying a bag around as it's just a pain in the bum if I want to have a bounce or a dance.  So assuming my usual uniform of cargo shorts and a t-shirt...

Back pocket 1: wallet on a chain with cash for the day and a lockup ticket 

Back pocket 2: clashfinder

Front pocket 1: phone, plastic spork

Front pocket 2: lighter

Side pocket 1: tin with papers, baccy and medicinals, plastic spork (!)

Side pocket 2: enough loo roll for two proper visits, handwash.

Looped on belt (I'm Batman): WaterAid bottle, waterproof rolled up in its little bag (also acts as a pillow)

Sunglasses on head, lanyard with mini guide around neck with spare lighter in it.

Lockup: couple of bottles of spirit & mixer for later in the day, hoody for the evening.

Use Boots Soltan once a day suncream, wonderful stuff so you don't need to carry more around with you for the day.

Bang - no need to go back to the tent until it's time to be unconscious :)

Edited by Quark

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Normally up at the top of Big Ground, so I don't like to go back either. Stopped carrying a bag around as it's just a pain in the bum if I want to have a bounce or a dance.  So assuming my usual uniform of cargo shorts and a t-shirt...

Back pocket 1: wallet on a chain with cash for the day and a lockup ticket 

Back pocket 2: clashfinder

Front pocket 1: phone, plastic spork

Front pocket 2: lighter

Side pocket 1: tin with papers, baccy and medicinals, plastic spork (!)

Side pocket 2: enough loo roll for two proper visits, handwash.

Looped on belt (I'm Batman): WaterAid bottle, waterproof rolled up in its little bag (also acts as a pillow)

Sunglasses on head, lanyard with mini guide around neck with spare lighter in it.

Lockup: couple of bottles of spirit & mixer for later in the day, hoody for the evening.

This for me also.  But my shorts have big enough front pockets to get a beer in each one, as well as the other bits.  So I take 3 beers as well.  I don't take a water bottle - I tend to buy a few beers, and my rule is to take the empty cup and fill (well 2/3 ish) it with water as soon as the beer is gone, to make sure I don't get dry.

And no sporks, but maybe a cereal bar and some mints.

On 4/10/2017 at 5:14 PM, alc1 said:

Top tip for loo roll is to take a couple of rolls from home that have already been started so you don't have full rolls to carry round. And tie each onto a string so you can dangle it round your neck when you're in the long drops for easy access!

I'm having that brilliant ready started loo roll tip! Will start a collection to take with me. Almost as good as the "hanging your bag from the long drop door catch" tip...........but not quite! :-)

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I wouldn't have the patience to have all of my pockets full up like that, would get right on my tits!

I find it less annoying than a bag!! Bag's fine during the day and afternoon, but as time wears on and the night comes down I just want to be shot of it!

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

I find it less annoying than a bag!! Bag's fine during the day and afternoon, but as time wears on and the night comes down I just want to be shot of it!

I'm luckily in the Tipi village this year so think I will be dropping off my bag after the headliners anyway, I don't mind having a bag though, just because I tend to take a load of booze out to save on bar visits and costs. 

3 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I'm luckily in the Tipi village this year so think I will be dropping off my bag after the headliners anyway, I don't mind having a bag though, just because I tend to take a load of booze out to save on bar visits and costs. 

Yeah, used to stock up on ciders for the day, which was the main reason for having a bag.  Then realised that actually I was drinking warm cider for the sake of it rather than actually enjoying it!  So stick to mainly smokes during the day with the occasional cold pint thrown in and loads of water, then hit the spirits & mixer when the evening comes. Plus on the coach this year, so can't having with carrying tins anyway :)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Yeah, used to stock up on ciders for the day, which was the main reason for having a bag.  Then realised that actually I was drinking warm cider for the sake of it rather than actually enjoying it!  So stick to mainly smokes during the day with the occasional cold pint thrown in and loads of water, then hit the spirits & mixer when the evening comes. Plus on the coach this year, so can't having with carrying tins anyway :)

You don't reckon it's possible to carry a create of ciders on to the coach? I've done the coach befor, but my mate was driving so he took the bus. This year everyones on public transport! I was hoping to have room fo atb least three boxes of cider. Ambitious? 

3 hours ago, Quark said:

So assuming my usual uniform of cargo shorts and a t-shirt..

Blimey! Efficiency at its finest. Was thinking this was a great idea until I remembered none of my clothes have any pockets.

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Sorry...."none of the clothes I plan to take to Glastonbury" :) Waterproof coat does, but not enough space to be a human swiss army knife like Quark!

Oh. I thought you had some sort of weird but interesting OCD anti-pocket thing and carried your daily belongings in a box (what with bags just being big pockets with handles). 

Don't listen to @Quark You can't trust a man who knows exactly how many poos he's gonna have a day, what type they'll be and then calculate the exact amount of toilet paper required. Classic Freudian Anal-Retentive. 

Edited by Woffy

32 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

You don't reckon it's possible to carry a create of ciders on to the coach? I've done the coach befor, but my mate was driving so he took the bus. This year everyones on public transport! I was hoping to have room fo atb least three boxes of cider. Ambitious? 

Possible, yes. Can I be arsed? No. Got to get up to and then across London to get the coach. Anything that doesn't fit in the rucksacks or can't be clipped on to me like an action man accessory ain't coming!

18 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Don't listen to @Quark You can't trust a man who knows exactly how many poos he's gonna have a day, what type they'll be and then calculate the exact amount of toilet paper required. Classic Freudian Anal-Retentive

Chicks dig efficiency. It's what makes me sexy.

30 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I can definitely employ the lockup hoodie thing.

I can't cut down on the loo roll though as you never know when you're going to have to wipe a whole toilet seat and then if you only had one flimsy pack of tissues you'd be buggered. 

Just grab a loo roll from lock up or info point if running low

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Possible, yes. Can I be arsed? No. Got to get up to and then across London to get the coach. Anything that doesn't fit in the rucksacks or can't be clipped on to me like an action man accessory ain't coming!

Chicks dig efficiency. It's what makes me sexy.

I think the biggest fans of the 'efficiency' of your poorly wiped arse would be canines. 

I got a charity shop bumbag a few years ago because I get back pain standing around for too long and any kind of rucksack/shoulder bag makes it worse.  It looks fairly inconspicuous but I swear it belonged to Mary Poppins the amount of crap I can get into it!  I'm wearing it in my profile pic actually, it's the best bag ever!

I have heard good things about a pull-along bag that can strap to the body, which has triangular wheels (I think this mean 3 round wheels in a triangular formation per axle/wheel), that can be used over any terrain. I think they are around £40. Can anybody link me to the product/website please, if you can make sense of that description?

3 hours ago, verrymerry said:

I got a charity shop bumbag a few years ago because I get back pain standing around for too long and any kind of rucksack/shoulder bag makes it worse.  It looks fairly inconspicuous but I swear it belonged to Mary Poppins the amount of crap I can get into it!  I'm wearing it in my profile pic actually, it's the best bag ever!

Hmmm...maybe a bumbag if you can tie everything else to it would be a good option. Esp with the combo of some stash away rucksack, so u can cart your cider about in the day and then roll it up and hang it on the bumbag strap....

I'm not sure if I love this thread or hate it. It's making me want to buy so many things!!

11 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmm...maybe a bumbag if you can tie everything else to it would be a good option. Esp with the combo of some stash away rucksack, so u can cart your cider about in the day and then roll it up and hang it on the bumbag strap....

I'm not sure if I love this thread or hate it. It's making me want to buy so many things!!

Carabiners would be brilliant, I've got one of those collapsing water bottles that I can clip to it. You end up like a walking toolkit but hey ho