2018 Festival - Glastonbury replacement

ShakeyCrash

With Glastonbury being on a fallow year in 2018, it has been slowly dawning on me that there is a void fast approaching my life.

Within a matter of months, the lineup would have dropped, clashes will have been dreaded, the weather will have been meticulously watched (and verbally threatened), maybe a headliner would have broken a limb or two, and far-fetched secret gigs will have been rumoured and dismissed in the very same sentence.  Then the festival hits; you get memories you could never have planned for, and a warm glowing feeling that will last until the anxiety of ticket day sets in (and so begins the next cycle)... unless the next year happens to be a fallow year.

In order to fill this void I have began wondering what other festival(s) I could go to; I have been to Green man so this would probably be one but any advice on any others worth checking out either in the U.K. or elsewhere in Europe?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people have recommended a few other festivals to me, and was originally going to do one or two others this year (finances permitting) but makes more sense to do them next I suppose.

Maybe Beautiful Days, End of the Road or something similar?

They also mentioned avoiding Lattitude but haven't researched to find out why yet. Maybe I have to take my own butler and a copy of the financial times with me?

Edited by joeltg

46 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

We keep talking about this.... Could only do it in a fallow year.... maybe.

Would probably have to blow all my savings for it, tickets alone are around $400, that's not including flights to LA, accomodation before hand, food for the week, tent etc.

Is it really worth spending all that cash for a week at a festival? 

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Really wanted to go to the World Cup, but the prospect of a load of angry Russians jumping on my head doesn't appeal.

That was my thoughts too, wanted to go over for Euro's but saved for the states instead.

4 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Would probably have to blow all my savings for it, tickets alone are around $400, that's not including flights to LA, accomodation before hand, food for the week, tent etc.

Is it really worth spending all that cash for a week at a festival? 

Why not go Vegas too? Burning Man is the festival curated by the attendees isn't it basically?