FieldOfAvalon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

As I see it, your £200+ gets you 5 days on the Farm, but if you want it you also get 8 1/2  months of excitement, planning, wondering, listening, learning, hoping and conversation, including via this fine forum.

I would say you should try it, FieldOfAvalon, but as is pointed out above...

... it seems you're already there.

untitled.png

2 hours ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

I'm as excited as the next man about Glastonbury and intend to go every year I can, but it strikes me that too many people here are literally wishing their life away for a total of 5 days a year.

Obsessive chat in the lead up the festival, or after the festival - fine. But it's non-stop on here, all year round. People seem to literally LIVE for it.

Is there nothing else worth living for? Life is so short. Don't wish it away...

It's nice that you've decided that you know how excited other people should be allowed to get about something you're not as excited about- what exactly is the acceptable level of excitement that people are allowed to feel and what should happen to them if they exceed this? 

The tagline for this forum is "Experience the spirit of Glastonbury all year round", which isn't anything like actually being there of course, but the goodwill and cheer generally present on here sure helps keep the memory of that heavenly week in the fields alive a bit stronger than if this place went silent for months

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

On here all year round - tick

Obessessed about the festival - er maybe

Live my ife totally alongside enjoying Glastonbury - absolutely. Certainly not wishing my life away - loads and loads of other stuff to enjoy

Life and Glastonbury obsessing are living in perfect harmony together :-)

Absolutely. Although when less fun (i.e. shit) things happen in life Glastonbury thoughts help me through.

Also efests on the bus is more fun than Facebook.

I think most of us visit this site all year round and 'obsess' about the festival because this forum is a great place for discussion. Everyone is friendly, funny and passionate about their music. It's one of the few music based forums I visit that isn't completely toxic. I have disagreements with a few people here but they are all in good spirit and a result of passionate opinions, not ignorance or intolerance.

It's not so much about obsessing over the festival as it is interacting with all the great, like-minded people here. Most people have some sort of forum/chat room/social media platform that they frequent, this happens to be ours and it happens to be focussed on festivals! It's also ran very well by people that really know their stuff.

efests ftw basically.

8 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Glastonbury is great and all but it's not like you'd find me swinging from the rafters if I couldn't go. I think you're overstating people's obsession with the festival 

I refer you to my previous post.  To save you the trouble I will re-iterate, you are on a forum dedicated solely to Glastonbury Festival.  You are reading a post telling people not to be so obsessed with it, and commenting likewise in October. 

Are we now living in an irony free world.

Edited by SteveTLizard

55 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think most of us visit this site all year round and 'obsess' about the festival because this forum is a great place for discussion. Everyone is friendly, funny and passionate about their music. It's one of the few music based forums I visit that isn't completely toxic. I have disagreements with a few people here but they are all in good spirit and a result of passionate opinions, not ignorance or intolerance.

Might be pushing it... :P

S'pose its never dawned on the OP that some people have made genuine friends here and have a liking for plenty of others in the community which makes it mostly a pleasure to have discussions and the odd argument. Glastonbury is just the thing that we all have in common. A mutual love in. Exchange of music etc. 

Nah, we're just all sad losers wishing our fecking life away. Gonna have a stern word with myself and go and find a life. I may be a while. 

17 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Glastonbury is great and all but it's not like you'd find me swinging from the rafters if I couldn't go. I think you're overstating people's obsession with the festival 

I think I'm right in saying that planning what field you'll be pitching your tent in in 8 months time when you get in from Bristol officially counts as obsessing by the way.

P.s. I hope you get into Micheal's Mead, it's a fine home for 5 days.

P.p.s  It's called Glastobating not obsessing.

I'm also quite obsessive about my bi annual holiday to Disney world with the kids , my trip to benidorm with the lads for the rugby league grand final , Christmas and any other public holiday where I don't have to work and the tv series game of thrones.

Glastonbury isn't everything but it is fairly important to me

I think I enjoy the months of wondering re the lineup, planning and listening to new bands people talk about, almost as much as I enjoy the festival itself. 

Getting a ticket in October is like having a Christmas present early but you can't open it for months and genuinely don't know what's inside, only that it will be really great.

What's not to enjoy 

this is an internet forum on the subject of glastonbury........so shock horror people tend to talk about glastonbury on it! I check the forum in the course of my normal internet browsing as no doubt does everyone else......dont see what the issue is here, op seems to have a chip on his shoulder about something.