Friday Opener 2017....

McCor

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Dude when I saw you had been posting in this thread I thought you'd have suggested some real doozies! Hot Chip and Human League? We need more one hit wonder indie landfill bands from the North West! Try harder easty! 

I would love Echo and The Bunnymen, Hot Chip, Human League or Black Grape.

You want northern fodder then there is always the Inspirals.

Black Grape will have an album to promote next year. Mondays will want more money than they would get for that slot.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i know we're coming up to Halloween and all, but this thread is scaring me to death, resurrecting the fetid, stinking corpse of Britpop.  why won't you just leave it dead?

it's a weapon magnet of a slot, on and off stage.

Come and join all the cool kids at the Pyramid - the opening acts over the last 4 years have all been good to great.

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Human League

Would be perfect. can't believe they haven't been to glasto since i've been going (2007)

Someone should get them booked, they would go down really well. Why does everything have to be so current / dependant on album release cycles at glastonbury?

I guess Glasto doesn't do too many retro acts aside from the sunday legends slot and the avalon. Of which Human league are too small to do legends and too big for avalon.

Just now, Familiar2billions said:

Hell yes! Their set the other year was one of the best ive ever seen on Worthy Farm for a band so low down the bill. That was a master class in how to get the party started!

on a wider topic I would say there are not enough "party starting" acts booked during the day, particularly on the main stages. They need to think more carefully about the programming and consider dropping some of the Radio 1 fuelled crap and actually programme what will be enjoyable regardless of album release cycle. A carefully selected retro act often goes down a treat at bestival for example.

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

on a wider topic I would say there are not enough "party starting" acts booked during the day, particularly on the main stages. They need to think more carefully about the programming and consider dropping some of the Radio 1 fuelled crap and actually programme what will be enjoyable regardless of album release cycle. A carefully selected retro act often goes down a treat at bestival for example.

Good point well made. In recent years ive found it rare wanting to eagerly get down to the stages nice and early. To me it is a clue as to the theory that the Beeb now have a huge say in the stage scheduling. Its a bit like Sky Sports and premier league football i.e. "Its your event, but we pay you a dick load of money therefore this is how its going to go down"

12 minutes ago, not worthy said:

any chance of Tears for Fears?

Of those listed Echo and the Bunnymen or Ocean Colour Scene feel about right

Not sure about the opener but I'd love to see Tears for Fears.  Mullets aside they've got some solid hits

1 minute ago, Familiar2billions said:

Good point well made. In recent years ive found it rare wanting to eagerly get down to the stages nice and early. To me it is a clue as to the theory that the Beeb now have a huge say in the stage scheduling. Its a bit like Sky Sports and premier league football i.e. "Its your event, but we pay you a dck load of money therefore this is how its going to go down"

Which of these acts - that opened up the Pyramid this year - were the BBC insisting upon:

THE ORCHESTRA OF SYRIAN MUSICIANS WITH DAMON ALBARN & GUESTS

LEWISHAM AND GREENWICH NHS CHOIR

BURNHAM AND HIGHBRIDGE BAND

12 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

on a wider topic I would say there are not enough "party starting" acts booked during the day, particularly on the main stages. They need to think more carefully about the programming and consider dropping some of the Radio 1 fuelled crp and actually programme what will be enjoyable regardless of album release cycle. A carefully selected retro act often goes down a treat at bestival for example.

Like Squeeze, ZZ Top, Madness, etc?