Things you need to book before you go

Daveograve

11 minutes ago, Daveograve said:

Is there any other things at Glastonbury you need to book beforehand?

Pre and post festival hotel or campsite, especially if you have a long way to travel home. 

And if looking good matters to you there's always Glamour and Grooming! http://festivals.glamourandgroomingbar.co.uk/  :D  

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

At least 2 days off work. I went back to my (new) job on the Tuesday this year, what a fucking error that was!

You started a new job on Suicide Tuesday! Fucking hell, it's a wonder you weren't sectioned that day let alone show your new employer what a diligent hard worker you are.

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You started a new job on Suicide Tuesday! Fucking hell, it's a wonder you weren't sectioned that day let alone show your new employer what a diligent hard worker you are.

Even better than that Yog! I warned them about time off for Glastonbury when they made the offer, thinking they'd want to start me the week after. Instead I started the week before and did Wed-Tue, then pissed off for a week and came back an absolute wreck!

Not fired yet though ;)

I once was compelled to visit one of our biggest customers for a meeting in Norwich on the Monday after, 11am, I had a semi-wash in the services and put my suit on driving up, then my boss insisted I go to our HQ in the West Midlands for a meeting. He just wanted to laugh at my terrible state! 

That was all pretty much my own fault thinking I could get away with sort of working, i.e. Answering the phone etc, on the Monday. Never again! Book plenty of time to recouperate!

Just now, The Nal said:

There are people who will come to house to feed the cat. Works out about the same price as the cattery. Mine did anyway.

Yeah, we've looked into this, but cos of where we live its a lot more expensive.  out in the sticks ya see!! 

5 minutes ago, bexj said:

Yeah, we've looked into this, but cos of where we live its a lot more expensive.  out in the sticks ya see!! 

Aha course yeah. Bit of beauty sleep for the cat in the cattery so!

Had my folks looking after ours on hols. Dog people so had to explain that they cant just call it in like a dog. He comes home when he wants. Think they realised this after 2 hours of waiting in the kitchen for him to come in.

Edited by The Nal

On 16/10/2016 at 0:50 PM, Daveograve said:

I like to book for Sunday lunch at the Deluxe Diner.

Is there any other things at Glastonbury you need to book beforehand?

What's the deal with this Sunday lunch, never heard of that? How much and what time? Is it good? Is there onion gravy? What would you give the roast potatoes out of 10 (unless there aren't any, in which case this conversation is pointless), likewise with the Yorkshire pudding (see previous brackets)?