• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Tunes I'm looking forward to most

1) Korn - Blind

2)Idles - Mother

3)Muse-Micro Cuts (extremely wishful thinking, though)

whats everyone else's? 

1.Glass Animals- Pork Soda (pineapples)

2. Sundara Karma- Explore

3. Liam G- Wall of Glass

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I would guess FR stage on the Saturday if at all. Though there was also the NBT rumour so who really knows. A secret set every day would be very neat tho

Yeah of course but I was just doubting there'd be three secret sets. Maybe tho. I don't think NBT was ever a rumour, just a misunderstanding.

10 hours ago, Odessa said:

Pretty sure Josh Homme dropped a hint they'll be playing. Think he said something like "hey, wouldn't it be crazy if we just showed up and played somewhere?". Seems a weird thing to say if there's no secret sets happening. That should easily be the highlight of the weekend for anyone that sees it, if it happens.

There's an ever-growing list of times artists dropped hints about shows they're not playing tho, plus Josh isn't well. I think they've got a good chance and the secret TCV set years ago plays in their favour too but not a done deal - I still feel like it'll be Roy Blood and the lads cos they're free and obviously playing next year.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah of course but I was just doubting there'd be three secret sets. Maybe tho. I don't think NBT was ever a rumour, just a misunderstanding.

There's an ever-growing list of times artists dropped hints about shows they're not playing tho, plus Josh isn't well. I think they've got a good chance and the secret TCV set years ago plays in their favour too but not a done deal - I still feel like it'll be Roy Blood and the lads cos they're free and obviously playing next year.

How many of these secret sets will happen at Leeds? 

Edited by manchestermusicreview
I'm an idiot

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Though there was also the NBT rumour so who really knows.

Yeah I posed the idea of NBT, not a rumour but was just logical with anew album coming out and plenty of R1 air play, seems weird not to have them on NME at all, unless they're booked to headline NME next year?

Songs I'm looking forward to

Sundara Karma - Flame - absolute banger of a tune.

Kasabian - Bless This Acid House - actually really liking their new stuff. Feels like a bit of a throw back to the 90s.

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - I Hate You - can't beat a casual dropping of a C bomb into a song 

Edited by footix2

38 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Yeah I posed the idea of NBT, not a rumour but was just logical with anew album coming out and plenty of R1 air play, seems weird not to have them on NME at all, unless they're booked to headline NME next year?

Played the last two years, so next year (with new album) would make more sense to me 

Tunes I am most looking forward to:

Kasabian - Bless this Acid House - Seen them live twice before and amazing both time and I reckon this tune will be huge live

Sundara Karma - Explore - Really liking this band at the moment but haven't seen them live. Favourite song off the album

Liam Gallagher - Slide Away - Never got the chance to see Oasis when they were together and hope Liam does this song justice

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Last year sold well didn't it?

completely deserve it selling like shit this year

I dunno, it's been busier for the whole weekend before, 2012 and 2013 were a lot busier throughout the weekend, though Sunday at Leeds last year was kinda ridiculous.

Silent Disco back at Leeds, basically in the area where guest camping used to be, which has seemingly moved half way to York if the map is to scale.

Also some craft beers down in the bit where Jack's Rock was last year, and that Pepsi Max thing is this year.

I see that Disco Shed on this map every year. What even is that?

On 15/08/2017 at 5:58 PM, Dangerbreaks said:

My Top 10 (no real order):

2. The Hunna.

3. Eminem

5. Liam Gallagher

6. Bastille

10. Kasabian 

(Also, Jonathan Pie on the Alternative Stage is one I'm looking forward to)

this post just kept getting worse and worse as it went along, ending in a belting punchline, amazing stuff

Edited by Zac Quinn