Who were your top 5 of the weekend

dingbat2

Lionel - Phenomenal

Alt-J - Phenomenal

Maccabees - Been waiting a long time to see them.

La Roux - Few mates convinced me to go. Didn't realise they were that good. Proper 80's dance/synth stuff. Excellent. Even though the 1st track was a slight Bowie rip off!

Florence - Don't know how! Normally can't stand her!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary J Blige

Wilko Johnson- Accoustic Stage

Django Django- Williams Green

Hot Chip

This made a perfect Friday...one into the other!

Patti Smith was just above anything I've seen during the weekend, it's unbelievable how she could transfer her amazing energy to every single person on that field...

And spending a sunny Sunday afternoon with Norman Jay at Heaven, instead of Lionel was the best decision we made....so he gets my +1

If there's anyone here who watched Hot Chip and it doesn't go straight in their top 5, they seriously need to reevaluate life

How bloody good was that set, I've just re watched it on I player, and even that blew me away, utter satisfaction

This. Hot Chip and Chemical Brothers were easily the best bands that I saw, and I saw plenty of great sets, maybe more than I have done at previous Glastonburys.

That was the first time I've ever felt sick watching a band. It was wayyyy too hot in that tent. I'm sure I managed to sweat out all the alcohol inside of me as I came out completely sober.

Aye, that whole area was craaaazy busy! Took an absolute age to get out afterwards too.

Father John Misty - everything fell into place. Spellbinding. You left a note in your perfect script: 'Stay as long as you want', and I haven't left your bed since! That was the moment. So so so so so so good.

Patti Smith - I don't even need to explain this one.

Alvvays - if only for during Party Police, when Molly does the little vocal 'pop' on the very last "you could just stay here with me" which alvvays gets me.

Sharon van Etten - if you were there, then you know. Worth missing Caribou for 100 times (and I fucking love Caribou)

Now I have to choose a fifth out of the following:

• Hot Chip
  • King Gizzard (park)
  • Sleaford Mods
  • Future Islands (altho I wasn't in there, fuck me it was still excellent)
  • Goat
  • Spiritualized
  • Jon Hopkins

On a personal level Spiritualized was extremely special, Hot Chip was super fun, JH blew my socks off... I think I'd have to go for KG&TLW though purely because of how much fun it was and how surprised I was. It was also the only band that my entire group was together for and everyone had a blast.

Might go for my top 5 DJ sets later on :lol:

If there's anyone here who watched Hot Chip and it doesn't go straight in their top 5, they seriously need to reevaluate life

How bloody good was that set, I've just re watched it on I player, and even that blew me away, utter satisfaction

Absolutely brilliant. I had high expectations but they somehow surpassed them. I expected the Dancing In The Dark cover but when it went into All My Friends I nearly levitated.

Don't miss them! Hopefully they're in the dark.

Hopefully - I've not been to GM before but understand the set times get announced beforehand.  The lineup is so good that there are bound to be some horrific clashes though - like End of the Road last year (St Vincent Vs Gene Clark No Other Band, Flaming Lips Vs John Grant and Wild Beasts Vs White Denim - 3 nightmares...).  If Goat clash with SFA, Hot Chip or St Vincent I may have to sacrifice them again.