Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Thats a bit harsh Hugh. I hope they win it this weekend at the swamp and they celebrate like mad all summer.

On a side note did anyone think the lack of respect BT and especially McPointalot paid Villarreal last night was disgusting. The consensus last night was that the mighty Liverpool should have wiped them from the face of the earth last night. Yet they failed to mention Villarreal have beaten far better teams than Liverpool at home this season. The 20 minute rant McPointalot went on was embarrassing to say the least. The BT coverage is an absolute joke.

Villareal arent very good.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

They have still beat far better teams than Liverpool at home this season and Liverpool had no divine right to go there and beat them. 

Most LFC fans I know knew it would be a very tough game. Theyre not as good a side as I expected though. Their celebrations at  the final whistle may prove premature.

1 minute ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Has FIFA, UEFA or any governing body removed a club/team from a competition because a player test positive?

No. I don't think the rules exist for them to do that. But should they be? He played both legs of the Utd game for example. And was caught after those games. Liverpool had a player on PEDs on the pitch for all 3 hours of the tie. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No. I don't think the rules exist for them to do that. But should they be? He played both legs of the Utd game for example. And was caught after those games. Liverpool had a player on PEDs on the pitch for all 3 hours of the tie. :unsure:

Man u should have trophies taken away for the period leading up to rio's missed test. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

If the rules dont exist then its not much of an argument, let alone a valid one, but I do agree they should consider bringing harsher rules and punishments wrt to PEDs. It would make clubs/teams have to self police and clean up the game for real. Clubs/teams should have a real responsibility to ensure they dont field anyone on PEDs, but until they are forced to do so they will hide behind lack of such rules and claims of ignorance

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Most LFC fans I know knew it would be a very tough game. Theyre not as good a side as I expected though. Their celebrations at  the final whistle may prove premature.

It was always going to be a tough game mate. The problem I had was the total lack of respect McManaman shown them. Villarreal are no mugs at home. BT made it sound like Liverpool should have marched in there and annihilated them. Liverpool are 7th in the premier league and nowhere near a champions league spot while Villarreal are on the verge of qualifying for next seasons competition by right. It was an embarrassing rant by McManaman and he made himself look a clueless and clearly biased idiot.

Now 0-0 last night would have been a fantastic result for Liverpool, unfortunately they got sucker punched at the end. I still think Liverpool will go through but I do not think it is a foregone conclusion. Would you fancy Liverpool to get 3? As I certainly think Villarreal look capable of scoring at Anfield.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Yeah theres an argument for that of course. Or certainly lose the points in the last match they played or something. 

I do not think Liverpool should be penalised for the actions of one player. I do think though that once one is caught, the whole squad should be forced to give a blood sample. Then if any more are caught, the club should be penalised.

The impression the media try to portray is that generally football is clean. I find that hard to believe considering the rewards on offer. The rise of Leicester was always going to raise eyebrows and it would not shock me if the use of PEDS is symptomatic throughout the game at the highest level.

There definitely needs to be more transparency in regards to drug testing within football.

Darlow so impressive today. Lots of great saves in the first half and stopped a penalty, albeit a poor one. That Sunderland goal was very annoying, but at least they didn't win. Have to hope Watford and Everton do us favours though, both have to play Norwich and Sunderland.

6 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Darlow so impressive today. Lots of great saves in the first half and stopped a penalty, albeit a poor one. That Sunderland goal was very annoying, but at least they didn't win. Have to hope Watford and Everton do us favours though, both have to play Norwich and Sunderland.

They're doing what we need. As you say, need some favours though.

19 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

It's a really good article and I also agree about the standing aspect. One thing that sometimes gets lost in all this is the jury aspect. While it's great that justice is delivered expecting people to give up 2 years is a huge ask.