Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the sun are dammed if they do, dammed if they don't in some respects. The sun have (rightfully) apologized in the past and Liverpool fans have (rightfully) told them where to stick it. I don't see where you go from there. I think a big front page could have been a distraction from the real story of yesterday, so can understand suns decision. I will continue not to buy the paper and everyone can make their individual choice.

As for where things go from here, that needs to be guided by the law. Unfortunately the time passed means a lot of the culprits will have aged significantly and there may be health factors come into play. There's so many people that messed up and I hope the focus is on the cover up.

From the familys perspective I hope they get the peace that they want. I imagine if you spend so long fighting for something, there could be a bit of a gap once that fight is won. The families have already won in some respects through making it less likely that this will happen again. However in my view things have moved too far .Introduction of safe standing should be discussed on the basis of the evidence and not the emotion.

14 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the sun are dammed if they do, dammed if they don't in some respects. The sun have (rightfully) apologized in the past and Liverpool fans have (rightfully) told them where to stick it. I don't see where you go from there. I think a big front page could have been a distraction from the real story of yesterday, so can understand suns decision. I will continue not to buy the paper and everyone can make their individual choice.

Fascinating. You think they are justified in leaving it off the front page? The "apology" from most of the families perspectives was too little - and far too late. It was mealy mouthed and incomplete. 

What now? You can "Partridge-shrug" or you can re-iterate the apology. It's a new regime at the paper now, let them give their voice and articulate the shame they feel.

Murdoch is a peach innee. 

Edited by Wooderson

Fuck the Sun and Fuck the Police. I hope they lock up every single person who is found to have to contributed towards the disaster. I remember all the shit that was flung at the Scousers and it is an absolute disgrace they got away with it for so long.

Not a bad result for City last night btw. It is nice to still be in with a chance after the 1st leg for a change. Our clueless manager nearly goosed our chances yet again with his woeful substitutions.

Edited by eastynh

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Fascinating. You think they are justified in leaving it off the front page? The "apology" from most of the families perspectives was too little - and far too late. It was mealy mouthed and incomplete. 

What now? You can "Partridge-shrug" or you can re-iterate the apology. It's a new regime at the paper now, let them give their voice and articulate the shame they feel.

Murdoch is a peach innee. 

I agree with everything you said about the scum. It was a horrible paper before Hillsborough and horrible now. They could have put the most heartfelt apology on the front page and the fans would have rightfully told them to **** themselves. 

I think if they had gone big front page then it could have distracted from the true story the dedication of the fans. This way the sun stay irrelevant which is where they deserve.

Irrespective of the Sun's disgusting history with Hillsborough and the people of Liverpool, yesterday was a MASSIVE day in the history of UK law and major news outlets should (and most did) recognise such. For the Sun not to report this landmark judgment appropriately is plain shit journalism (so no surprises there from them). 

For them not to do so because of their involvement in this stories history is ignorant arrogance of the highest order and they have made them a focus of the story yet again. Idiots. Clueless idiots

9 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

Indeed, but just remember those people aren't particularly important, they had an agenda regardless of the findings, Their opinion was informed by those who lied and those who covered it up. 

Oh and by the way...

ChAFPC1WIAEeGcP.jpg

Something missing

Still... Free Thorpe Park tickets eh?

The Sun are precisely the sort of scumbags who would deliberately leave the story off the front as a marketing ploy. "Maybe if we don't mention it on the front people will buy it to see if we do at all."

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Sun are precisely the sort of scumbags who would deliberately leave the story off the front as a marketing ploy. "Maybe if we don't mention it on the front people will buy it to see if we do at all."

I doubt they're worried about that. People will but the Sun today just as they did yesterday. As they will tomorrow. Hillsborough on the front page or not. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Sakho is in a lot of trouble......

Same as Kolo? Do they use these fat burners to mask PEDS or is he really fat?

There is a lot of talk on Bluemoon about whether the Leicester players are all on PEDS. I know nothing about the use of drugs in sport and the ones saying they are on them sound like very bitter people for some reason. They are very adamant though.

Football has for too long stayed "clean" in the eyes of the media wrt PEDS. I suspect we will be hearing a lot more stories on this front in the near future with possible major investigative busts going down a la the world of cycling

Sakho is bollixed. Not allowing the B sample to be tested? Big no no.