Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

42 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Football has for too long stayed "clean" in the eyes of the media wrt PEDS. I suspect we will be hearing a lot more stories on this front in the near future with possible major investigative busts going down a la the world of cycling

Sakho is bollixed. Not allowing the B sample to be tested? Big no no. 

They should force him to give a blood sample or ban him indefinitely, never mind a urine sample. Thats like when Rio decided to go shopping instead of taking the test. 

I never thought these things would make THAT much of a difference to performance. Then Mayweather called Pacman out in regards to blood testing. Pacman refused and gave a load of crappy reasons. Thing is, Pacman was nowhere near the same fighter after that. Now there is no evidence Pacman was taking anything, but something stunk with all that.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Same as Kolo? Do they use these fat burners to mask PEDS or is he really fat?

No idea until it comes out but theres a much bigger ban if he tried to hide it. Kolo got 6 months, Rio got 8, Paddy Kenny got 9, Mutu got 9. Either way hes missing the Euros and the league up to XMas. Cant train with Liverpool either in that time.

Edited by The Nal

50 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Is it? I thought it was just an admission of guilt? 

Yep, that's my take on it too. If he was taking the drug he knows he was taking the drug and the other sample will show the same thing.

There's the bollocks that it was all 'an honest mistake' to come, a ban, and then back to it. Same as it ever was. ;)

8 hours ago, Wooderson said:

But that's not the case. Everyone is talking about the Sun today. They've done *more harm* by leaving it off their front page. They legitimise their contempt for the families they hurt.

I suspect they have done little harm. Those who wouldn't buy it out of principle will continnue that stance, as will those that do. The way some act the sun turned to a scumbag paper following Hillsborough, the reality is it always was .

The only way to punish the organisation is hit them in the pocket. I know Liverpool fans who hate the sun, but read the Times and subscribe to sky.

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I suspect they have done little harm. Those who wouldn't buy it out of principle will continnue that stance, as will those that do. The way some act the sun turned to a scumbag paper following Hillsborough, the reality is it always was .

The only way to punish the organisation is hit them in the pocket. I know Liverpool fans who hate the sun, but read the Times and subscribe to sky.

The Sun have lost their last chance to recoup some respect. Think it probably serves some sick objective of their to maintain the poor relationship with Merseyside. Either that or they tacitly conceed that the people of Merseyside will never forgive.

In other news... 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/south-yorkshire-police-chief-constable-david-crompton-suspended-over-response-to-hillsborough-a7003846.html

Ticktock...

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

What are people actually looking for from The Sun? Surely The Times ignoring it is worse?

Whatever approach the sun took had pros and cons. The consequences were also the same.

59 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The Sun have lost their last chance to recoup some respect. 

No, that had gone a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Stupidity isn't an excuse. 

Its served me well as an excuse for an awful long time.

It was nice watching Kelvin Mackenzie squirm and practically beg the channel 4 journo to leave him alone when they doorstopped him. I hope thats the just the start of it for the horrible bastard.

Edited by eastynh

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

You think his pension should be removed?

This is why things are so difficult with the verdict being delivered 27 years after it actually happened. If the truth was revealed soon after the whole thing happened these things would be much more clear cut. 

On an other note: how have we not sacked that fraud yet? 

7 minutes ago, TheSilence said:

This is why things are so difficult with the verdict being delivered 27 years after it actually happened. If the truth was revealed soon after the whole thing happened these things would be much more clear cut. 

From what I have read (maybe I have missed something) Cromptons failiure mean he deserves to lose his job. The argument about public sector pensions is a completely different one. 

While the villains of this story deserve punishment it should be proportionate rather than making up the rules as we go along. In terms of those responsible Crompton does not seem the worst offender and should be punished for his mistakes and not those of others.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Or do you think has earned / deserves his £83,000 a year gift from the public purse ?

People in public office who behaves in this way should lose all the benefits of holding a public office.  

Shipman lost his pension as an example and this c**t should do so as well.  He resigned to avoid losing it.  Hopefully the CPS will now hold him to account and his pension can be removed.

I think it completely depends on his contract of employment.  If the contract allows removal of pension in specific circumstances that he is judged to have met, then I'm all for letting the system run its course and making a decision accordingly.  I'm not however for making up the rules as we go along.  His punishment should be determined by the legal system and not (understandably) emotional victims.

8 hours ago, eastynh said:

Same as Kolo? Do they use these fat burners to mask PEDS or is he really fat?

There is a lot of talk on Bluemoon about whether the Leicester players are all on PEDS. I know nothing about the use of drugs in sport and the ones saying they are on them sound like very bitter people for some reason. They are very adamant though.

There's a certain racist striker who I certainly wouldn't be shocked to discover was on something...

22 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Hillsborough inquests: Retired South Yorkshire Police officers 'proud' of force - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36156906

c**ts

I think you're perhaps being a little harsh here.

Lots of coppers do perfectly decent jobs. It's hardly surprising that plenty of them don't wish to accept criticisms of their employer as criticisms of themselves. Remember, not every South Yorks copper was on duty at Hillsboro that day.

From our place on the outside the timing of it comes across as insensitive, but I'm not going to condemn them wholesale for their wish to not be personally included in the criticisms of South Yorks police.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I see Kasabian have announced a big gig in Leicester, a move in absolutely no way designed to cash in on the football team's success.

Almost makes me hope they choke now.

Thats a bit harsh Hugh. I hope they win it this weekend at the swamp and they celebrate like mad all summer.

On a side note did anyone think the lack of respect BT and especially McPointalot paid Villarreal last night was disgusting. The consensus last night was that the mighty Liverpool should have wiped them from the face of the earth last night. Yet they failed to mention Villarreal have beaten far better teams than Liverpool at home this season. The 20 minute rant McPointalot went on was embarrassing to say the least. The BT coverage is an absolute joke.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I see Kasabian have announced a big gig in Leicester, a move in absolutely no way designed to cash in on the football team's success.

Almost makes me hope they choke now.

I dont really have a problem with this. Fans will get the opportunity to party and have the option to go or not. More money will come into the Leicester economy. I dont really see who loses out.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

On a side note did anyone think the lack of respect BT and especially McPointalot paid Villarreal last night was disgusting. The consensus last night was that the mighty Liverpool should have wiped them from the face of the earth last night. Yet they failed to mention Villarreal have beaten far better teams than Liverpool at home this season. The 20 minute rant McPointalot went on was embarrassing to say the least. The BT coverage is an absolute joke.

The BT team have probably not seen Villareal play outside maybe the odd game against Barcelona or Madrid. I think liverpool game still pretty well balanced, although liverpool slight underdogs without the away goal.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I dont really have a problem with this. Fans will get the opportunity to party and have the option to go or not. More money will come into the Leicester economy. I dont really see who loses out.

The BT team have probably not seen Villareal play outside maybe the odd game against Barcelona or Madrid. I think liverpool game still pretty well balanced, although liverpool slight underdogs without the away goal.

Well they beat both Madrid teams and drew with Barca at home. All 3 teams are significantly better than Liverpool. The BT coverage abysmal. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I think you're perhaps being a little harsh here.

Lots of coppers do perfectly decent jobs. It's hardly surprising that plenty of them don't wish to accept criticisms of their employer as criticisms of themselves. Remember, not every South Yorks copper was on duty at Hillsboro that day.

From our place on the outside the timing of it comes across as insensitive, but I'm not going to condemn them wholesale for their wish to not be personally included in the criticisms of South Yorks police.

I wouldnt just say lots of coppers, I would say the vast majority. To me disbanding South Yorkshire police is a bit of a pointless move. I think a period of reflection is needed to let emotions calm a bit. The fact is South Yorkshire is still a place and it needs policing.

I remember when they had the mid staffs hospital crisis, many effective and hard working professionals were mortified to all being painted as incompetent.

57 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Thats a bit harsh Hugh. I hope they win it this weekend at the swamp and they celebrate like mad all summer.

Might be a bit harsh, may just be the cynic in me.