Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

Just now, The Nal said:

I don't think its unnatural. He right leg got tangled. He tried to stay on his feet. He puts his right leg back down once it gets untangled but its too late.

But he makes a purposeful jolting motion when in the air. Gravity does not do that to a body. That is him making that movement. To me it looks as if he is trying to make something happen and it can very much look like a dive, as from what I see its not natural and I would suspect thats what the ref sees too

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

But watch that vid Nal posted, and watch their trailing legs not the feel on the floor - it's where the big contact is. That trailing leg never makes the ground for him to spring from it.

It took me until about 3/4's of that vid to see it clearly, btw - so keep watching till you see it.

Nope, the big contact only occurs when Ogbonna falls into a diving Vardy. That's a Vardy that plants his leg and springs forwards and upwards - completely unnaturally. 

It's about the only decision Moss got right on the day. 

13 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Nope, the big contact only occurs when Ogbonna falls into a diving Vardy. That's a Vardy that plants his leg and springs forwards and upwards - completely unnaturally. 

It's about the only decision Moss got right on the day. 

Just looked at the vid again. There's all sorts of different things going on, but not enough clear shots of the trailing legs to see where the first contact is.

Vardy gets held back. His body shape changes at that point. It's not impossible he's decided to go down from that and then contrives the trailing leg contact.

It's defo true that he looks like he's launching himself from his standing foot before there's definite contact with the trailing legs, but I can't see enough with those two angles to see whether that definite contact is the first contact or not. There's certainly the scope for there to have been previous contact within what can't be seen.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

People are watching it over and over again in slow motion and can't decide conclusively. How the hell is Moss supposed to get it right on one viewing in real time? I still think he dived, and it was his dramatic fall that convinced Moss to give it.

Moss did get it right on viewing in real time as did almost everyone else. It was a crap dive. 

Pity he got all the other penalty decisions wrong mind. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

People are watching it over and over again in slow motion and can't decide conclusively. How the hell is Moss supposed to get it right on one viewing in real time? I still think he dived, and it was his dramatic fall that convinced Moss to give it.

Exactly.

For whatever reason it happens, it does look like he launches himself into the air. I can see why the ref gave it, and if it's the wrong call it's definitely not the worst wrong call you'll ever see.

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

I don't think Vardy dived. Looked to me like he tried to put himself goalside of the defender (where Vardy being fouled is a possibility of course) and got tangled and they both fell. Should've been a goal kick. 

I think that some times British people get an easier ride because "they aren't that type of player" . If that's Suarez it gets called a dive every day.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's had an unfair ride because the press have been out to get him since day one simply for not being 'Onest 'Arry. 

I think the press have been pretty fair. He has benefited from the lowest expectations of any England manager that I can remember.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

when England qualify well they normally perform poorly, and vice versa.

So I reckon we're out in the groups again. :lol:

Very doubtful, the new system makes it very difficult for the bigger teams to go out early.

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the press have been pretty fair. He has benefited from the lowest expectations of any England manager that I can remember.

Very doubtful, the new system makes it very difficult for the bigger teams to go out early.

Under the old system England should never have gone out of the Euros early (WC is perhaps different),. If it could happen then, it could happen now.

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

God I hate life under Pulis. Another 90 minutes of utterly joyless football.

To top it off I've just found out Prince is fucking dead.

It sounds like he'll be gone this summer though...not really sure who is available though. Moyes? More of the same probably. Or maybe Peace will find someone obscure again.

Edited by Chawk

5 hours ago, Chawk said:

It sounds like he'll be gone this summer though...not really sure who is available though. Moyes? More of the same probably. Or maybe Peace will find someone obscure again.

I'm not sure he will go. Peace is no idiot and he knows that for a club of our size and resources Pulis is as close to a guarantee of survival as we're going to get. The football is desperately poor under him but that won't concern him at the moment, nor will a few grumbling fans. We're at the point now where we have traded stability for performances. Could another manager do better? Quite possibly, but it could also be much worse.

Something needs to give though, either Pulis has to go or he has to change the playing style because as I've said before, this is an utter joyless existance. Fans aren't happy as it is, another season of this and there'll be full blown mutiny.