Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before today we hadn't won since 26th December and are on the brink of relegation after losing to half our relegation rivals in the last few weeks. Wigan hadn't lost since 12th December and hadn't lost away since 26th September. They'd also won their last 5 conceding twice.

We won 3-1.

Still going down but isn't football stupid?

Was walking through the city when Newcastle scored their second goal as well and the cheer was deafening. Everyone around just stopped and looked around baffled.

Glad Newcastle won but the early result wasn't good. When will Sunderland fuck off? They're consistently shite every season.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Before today we hadn't won since 26th December and are on the brink of relegation after losing to half our relegation rivals in the last few weeks. Wigan hadn't lost since 12th December and hadn't lost away since 26th September. They'd also won their last 5 conceding twice.

We won 3-1.

Still going down but isn't football stupid?

Was walking through the city when Newcastle scored their second goal as well and the cheer was deafening. Everyone around just stopped and looked around baffled.

Glad Newcastle won but the early result wasn't good. When will Sunderland fuck off? They're consistently shite every season.

From what i saw Newcastle didn't even play that well and somehow won 3-0.

Prolonging my torture more than likely though. Can't see them staying up.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

From what i saw Newcastle didn't even play that well and somehow won 3-0.

Prolonging my torture more than likely though. Can't see them staying up.

29 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

It was just too late. We needed to beat the mackems and Norwich. 

Enough to give the false hope that kills... 

Exact same situation for us. Sucks.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Has there been a better forward in English football than Aguero in the last 20 year?

Henry and Bergkamp were pretty damn special as well.

Sergio is utterly fantastic though. Can someone explain to me how he never wins any awards or prizes? In his first season at City he scored 30 goals, won the league and still came second to Kyle Walker in the YPOTY award. He has not once been in the team of the year even though he has outscored everyone else. This year he could finish top prem goalscorer, win the league cup and champions league (I know this is still a stretch of the imagination) yet still not get a nomination for player of the year. Thats even with missing 2/3 months out with injury. Something not right there.

7 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

First season was entirely due to the media having a fap over Kyle Walker, who has always been terrible. Every other year I think injuries are the reason.

He will have all his proper trophies to make up for the hurt :-)

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

In his first season at City he scored 30 goals, won the league and still came second to Kyle Walker in the YPOTY award. 

I think of all your points that's the easiest to justify. I think players will look at someone nearly 24, with 200 plus league appearances and think it's against the spirit of a young player award, I would personally share that sentiment.

When I thought about my time as a football fan 88 onwards the 2 people I considered for there goalscoring were Henry and aguero, but to me the latter is a better big game player.

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Has there been a better forward in English football than Aguero in the last 20 year?

Collins Mbsuma. Sorry misread that as bigger.

He (Sergio) is such a natural goalscorer but isn't in the league of Bergkamp as all round footballer. That said I'd probably take Serigo over Dennis in todays game.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter
Better answer.

Swansea at home is pretty much the best match that you can have at this stage of the season.  If Leicester win that match then that means spurs will need 11 points from 5 games even if Leicester lose the other games. While Spurs have been pretty consistently, they have rarely excelled and I'm stuggling to see them being clinical enough to finish off the job.

Great to see Danny Ward play today, nice sum of money heading wrexhams way.

That result pretty much confirms if Spurs finish equal points with Leicester they are league champions.  I still struggle to see Spurs winning 5 games in a row, but that's a pretty great start.  The only thing that concerns me is that if there is one team that I can see ruining the enjoyment of the vast majority of football neutrals, its bloody Chelsea!!

On 17/04/2016 at 9:06 PM, pink_triangle said:

Great to see Danny Ward play today, nice sum of money heading wrexhams way.

Quick update on your keeper who`s out at Stranraer.

Met a fella in the pub on Saturday who travels home and away to watch stranraer. It`s now possible my team could play them in the playoffs. He was saying how shit they were as recently as Christmas when they were bottom and how things have now turned around. He mentioned that one of the main reasons was this amazing goalie they had on loan from Wrexham !

Hopefully you recall him before the playoffs up here :)

10 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Quick update on your keeper who`s out at Stranraer.

Met a fella in the pub on Saturday who travels home and away to watch stranraer. It`s now possible my team could play them in the playoffs. He was saying how shit they were as recently as Christmas when they were bottom and how things have now turned around. He mentioned that one of the main reasons was this amazing goalie they had on loan from Wrexham !

Hopefully you recall him before the playoffs up here :)

Thanks for the update. I'm surprised he is performing as thought his size would count against him at whatever level. Our season is approaching checkmate with 6 points off the play offs with 2 games to go and 3 teams to overtake, so little chance of us wanting him back!