Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of multiple rigs etc I thought that was common but I am not really sure, I remember reading somewhere U2's tour with the claw was so expensive to stage cos they built 3 of them or something?

Still was the highest grossing tour that year so bands weigh up the costs against bring able to cram more shows in!

Like someone else said, Foos have a pretty bog standard stage set up so I think they're more likely to hire, unless they find it more financially viable to own a couple ha.

More than likely hiring one from a UK company.

And bands who have their own specifically designed stages normally have two in rotation I believe to help pack shows closer together. 

Pretty standard procedure, quite often acts will have 3.  Might seem excessive but these typically take a couple of days to setup and at least one to take down. Without that you'd have huge gaps between shows.  For arenas it's usually the same thing.  

One in situ for a gig taking place, one being broken down at the previous venue and one being built at the next.   Stage 1 goes to city 1 then 4, stage 2 to city 2 then 5 and stage 3 to city 3 then 6 etc etc.  

There's still the issue of programmes, glastonbury t-shirts etc. They don't have the luxury of waiting until the week of the festival. The Foo Fighters team is really making a mess of this.

I'm pretty sure t-shirts and programmes will already be printed and sat in boxes somewhere

There's still the issue of programmes, glastonbury t-shirts etc. They don't have the luxury of waiting until the week of the festival. The Foo Fighters team is really making a mess of this.

The Foo Fighters team is making a mess of this because of some bullshit merchandise? Like someone said, it's probably already been made, especially the T shirts. And you can't blame them for waiting if it's touch and go, the healing process is hard to predict and it's very possible Dave will be able to do things in three days (or at least do them for a longer time) than he can do now. 

The programmes were printed a month ago. They went off early May, remember it being one of the speculated dates for the lineup reveal.

Had a chat with my mates dad who's a lawyer, and he said that it's incredibly likely that whatever's happening is completely in the laywer's hands.. and they won't be rushed. They'l calculate everything and work on their own time.

They won't tell anyone anything or decide anything until they've looked at every possible circumstance. They'l keep us in the dark till Thursday night or Friday morning if they have to. They won't be rushed.

*Someone will probably try and find a way to slander me for this post but oh well..

Edited by Matt42

Had a chat with my mates dad who's a lawyer, and he said that it's incredibly likely that whatever's happening is completely in the laywer's hands.. and they won't be rushed. They'l calculate everything and work on their own time.

They won't tell anyone anything or decide anything until they've looked at every possible circumstance. They'l keep us in the dark till Thursday night or Friday morning if they have to. They won't be rushed.

Did you not get the joke? :lol:

*Someone will probably try and find a way to slander me for this post but oh well..

We will know before the day off the wembley gig