Headliners 2016

thewayiam

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I watched them on Shangri La hell last year and the crowd was particarly average. They still a good few lines down on the R/L poster and that's their absolute target audience 

You have no argument here, it won't be happening 

sorry guys, they're big enough. They sold out a UK tour, tickets were like gold dust (trust me I managed to get one) they are played on Radio 1 so frequently, constantly in the papers. The Maccabees played on the R&L main stage last year first on on the Sunday, (if I remember rightly) they were a few lines down, but they were 3 down on the other at Glasto. They are massive, they have a huge following, they are CURRENTLY (<-- key word) bigger than Maccabees, Belle and Sebastion and dare I say it (and I'm a massive massive fan) PJ Harvey. Yes, before you all start telling me Harvey's Dry was released in the early 90's they are still currently bigger. Oh and let's all have a look at who headlined the Other in 2014 on the Saturday - Jake Bugg. Jake fuckin Bugg. They are definitley big enough. 

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

sorry guys, they're big enough. They sold out a UK tour, tickets were like gold dust (trust me I managed to get one) they are played on Radio 1 so frequently, constantly in the papers. The Maccabees played on the R&L main stage last year first on on the Sunday, (if I remember rightly) they were a few lines down, but they were 3 down on the other at Glasto. They are massive, they have a huge following, they are CURRENTLY (<-- key word) bigger than Maccabees, Belle and Sebastion and dare I say it (and I'm a massive massive fan) PJ Harvey. Yes, before you all start telling me Harvey's Dry was released in the early 90's they are still currently bigger. Oh and let's all have a look at who headlined the Other in 2014 on the Saturday - Jake Bugg. Jake fuckin Bugg. They are definitley big enough. 

The Maccabees were 4th from top at Reading and in 2012 they headlined the NME tent and also played larger venues then Slaves did on their tour. Theres is no way Slaves are at the level to play 3rd on Other, Courteeners played it last year and their last tour was huge, 7 nights at the Apollo in Manchester alone, Slaves have a long way to go to reach 3rd on the Other, definitely looking at 5th/6th. 

5 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

The Maccabees were 4th from top at Reading and in 2012 they headlined the NME tent and also played larger venues then Slaves did on their tour. Theres is no way Slaves are at the level to play 3rd on Other, Courteeners played it last year and their last tour was huge, 7 nights at the Apollo in Manchester alone, Slaves have a long way to go to reach 3rd on the Other, definitely looking at 5th/6th. 

7 nights at the Apollo Manchester because they are from Manchester? But hold on, I saw the Maccabees at Brixton last month off the back end of their tour where they'd played R&L low down on main stage and Glasto on the other third down. Slaves played Brixton a few months ago and are potentially playing in that exact same slot Maccabees did at R&L. What's your point? 

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

7 nights at the Apollo Manchester because they are from Manchester? But hold on, I saw the Maccabees at Brixton last month off the back end of their tour where they'd played R&L low down on main stage and Glasto on the other third down. Slaves played Brixton a few months ago and are potentially playing in that exact same slot Maccabees did at R&L. What's your point? 

Only they didn't play low down on the Reading main stage, they were 4th down and Slaves wont play 4th down on the main stage at Reading this year.

Just now, Honeybane said:

If you're basing it on Brixton dates then The Maccabees did three compared to Slaves one. Slaves won't be fourth down at R&L either.

Just now, stocky3000 said:

Maccabees are touted to headline latitude, 
Slaves won't headline latitude 

You are fighting a losing battle here

Latitude is a festival that Slaves could headline. Latitude is also a festival Maccabees could headline. I'm not sayin that the Macabees aren't a big band, I'm saying that them and Slaves nowadays share a similar level of popularity. It doesn't matter who has been around longer.

2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Latitude is a festival that Slaves could headline. Latitude is also a festival Maccabees could headline. I'm not sayin that the Macabees aren't a big band, I'm saying that them and Slaves nowadays share a similar level of popularity. It doesn't matter who has been around longer.

Wait a minute, Slaves could headline Latitude? 

You know there won't be any sniffer dogs at the gates at Glastonbury, bring whatever drugs you take with you and il meet you at the Stone Circle at 12Am on Wednesday, I need to experience some of this 

1 hour ago, Honeybane said:

Wait so.... If a band play twice one year that makes them unlikely to play the following year?

If a band play at all one year, on any of the "main stages" (JP upwards) they're fairly unlikely to play the next year. There have been occasional "bump ups" from JP one year to Other the next but they're fairly rare. Festival just tends not to book same bands twice in a row. When different bookers on the smaller stages are involved it can be more common.