• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

most likely is probably

Fri - Muse

Sat - Radiohead

Sun - Coldplay

but that is totally not right

I wouldn't be especially bothered about Muse and Coldplay, and they are three headliners that have very similar appeal and have all headlined at least twice before, but it would be pretty neat to have the three acts most synonymous with Glastonbury all headlining in the same year. Plus, it would blow open the headliner possibilities going forward!

Edited by jparx
sp

10 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Muse are playing arenas probably because stadiums aren't available during March/April/May.

all of Coldplay's european gigs are during the summer when the football season has ended.

AFAIK Muse have some big 360degree stage show too, which probably works a lot better indoors rather than outdoors in a big wet stadium in Spring, much like U2's recent tour in the Autumn was multiple nights indoors rather than chancing October weather in a stadium with their A/V setup.

so I wouldn't read a huge amount into them playing arenas. they're still blatantly big festival headliner status.

Maybe they'll be playing the bandstand in the market then.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I wouldn't be especially bothered about Muse and Coldplay, and they are three headliners that have very similar appeal and have all headlined at least twice before, but it would be pretty neat to have the three acts most synonymous with Glastonbury all headlining in the same year. Plus, it would blow open the headliner possibilities going forward!

Yeah to be fair as one-note as those three headliners are, getting them all out of the way in one year would definitely make future headliner bookings a little more interesting, at least for four or five years anyway

Just now, A Guy Called Matt said:

It seems the verdict is 3 from 4 or 5.........

but does anyone have any thoughts or feelings we are going to get a surprise and if so, who?

I guess FM, AC/DC and Stone Roses could be potential surprises but all three seem VERY unlikely at this point.

1 minute ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

It seems the verdict is 3 from 4 or 5.........

but does anyone have any thoughts or feelings we are going to get a surprise and if so, who?

I can't really see any other options bar the ones we've been going over and over. I guess Kanye came out of nowhere and wasn't even touring at the time last year so something similar could happen, but who? Christ knows. Most other options seem to be booked up or have just finished touring so unlikely to restart again just for Glastonbury

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I can't really see any other options bar the ones we've been going over and over. I guess Kanye came out of nowhere and wasn't even touring at the time last year so something similar could happen, but who? Christ knows. Most other options seem to be booked up or have just finished touring so unlikely to restart again just for Glastonbury

FLEETWOOD MAC

8 minutes ago, Maurice Mecca said:

Maybe they'll be playing the bandstand in the market then.

And people would take the trouble to downvote this post because...?

Jeez, people, get some happiness in your lives!

:)

Ben

Edit: pettiness duly reversed for you, Maurice!

Edited by bennyhana22

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

I think they could definitely come out of the blue as a headliner.

They have already been in talks at some point but no one knows if those talks were confirmed or not. They have been rumoured for years so if there's someone could just appear from nowhere then its them. I've been holding onto this for a long time now

1 minute ago, Chris Lfc said:

They have already been in talks at some point but no one knows if those talks were confirmed or not. They have been rumoured for years so if there's someone could just appear from nowhere then its them. I've been holding onto this for a long time now

If there's any chance in the world that Adele is playing but not headlining, supporting FM would be a pretty good option I reckon. 

Can't see it happening at all though :P

10 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

If Glastonbury use up their three bankers (Coldplay, Muse and Radiohead) in one go, who is going to headline for the next 4 years?!?!

Foo Fighters and Ed Sheeran next year anyway.

2018 off

2019 ???? could be all sorts of sub level acts in the mix by then....Foals, The xx, Ellie Goulding....who knows?