Tame Impala

Brad2434

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Would love Tame Impala to be at Glastonbury. Anyone know if it's likely? X

they're in Europe the following week and have a gap in their schedule so it's looking pretty likely. can't really see them anywhere but the Pyramid myself, probably taking Alt-J's slot from last year after the Sunday legend

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, AdamWillingham said:

Hoping its not going to be a National situation where they're in Europe but Glastonbury just can't give them the slot they want 

I would think they're unlikely to be as choosy as they're already announced for mid-card slots whereas The National stay right up at or very near the top of the ones they do.

I think Tame Impala could sub-headline however considering how unlikely it is I'll be seeing a headliner, I'd kinda rather they halted their ascent and were third down.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

they're in Europe the following week and have a gap in their schedule so it's looking pretty likely. can't really see them anywhere but the Pyramid myself, probably taking Alt-J's slot from last year after the Sunday legend

ELO into Tame Impala sounds like something that could definitely work.

Saw them on Friday night at Ally Pally, awesome show. Let it happen had the place bouncing!

Jagwar mar played a really good set too, they were a good choice for support!

Only downside for me was having to travel up from Jersey with no tickets as Getmein had fucked up, was supposed to be going on the Saturday but ended up finding Friday tickets on gumtree instead.

47 minutes ago, wwinstanley said:

Saw them on Friday night at Ally Pally, awesome show. Let it happen had the place bouncing!

Jagwar mar played a really good set too, they were a good choice for support!

Only downside for me was having to travel up from Jersey with no tickets as Getmein had fucked up, was supposed to be going on the Saturday but ended up finding Friday tickets on gumtree instead.

I went to the same show and felt somewhat different about it, I prefer TI's first 2 albums (Currents is great don't get me wrong), where I was standing it seemed like only the Currents songs were known apart from Elephant and .....Backwards!

Good performance by the band - but the crowd (where I was) was a bit shit and I felt they didn't really fill the venue with their sound..... I have only ever seen a few gigs at AP where the band had great sound (again, to me).

Would still love them at Glastonbury though. Pyramid sub I reckon or 3rd down.

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

I went to the same show and felt somewhat different about it, I prefer TI's first 2 albums (Currents is great don't get me wrong), where I was standing it seemed like only the Currents songs were known apart from Elephant and .....Backwards!

Good performance by the band - but the crowd (where I was) was a bit shit and I felt they didn't really fill the venue with their sound..... I have only ever seen a few gigs at AP where the band had great sound (again, to me).

Would still love them at Glastonbury though. Pyramid sub I reckon or 3rd down.

I think that's probably down to Currents bringing TI more into the limelight in recent times, thus bringing in lots of new fans who are more familiar with the tracks of that album than the previous two.

Also I felt there was a bit of a mixed crowd. We started off near the front where there were a few idiots moshing into people and throwing drinks around so we moved a little bit further back  (don't get me wrong I love a good crowd atmosphere but there's always a few unavoidable twats)  and although it was still bouncing it seemed like everyone was a bit more chilled and just enjoying watching the band.

But I agree with you about Glastonbury, I can imagine them playing the slot Alt-J played last year!

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

Still absolutely gutted these didn't get announced in the first poster. What do you think their chances are of appearing in the next announcement? They're still free glasto weekend, but are in the US on the 16th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Can't see it unfortunately. It's now a case of if they are announced, where do they play? Most of us had them third down the Pyramid but it looks like ZZ Top, TLSP and Beck will be taking those slots. They may be happy to take a lower slot than the general consensus on here would place them but personally I've made my peace with them not being there this year.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Can't see it unfortunately. It's now a case of if they are announced, where do they play? Most of us had them third down the Pyramid but it looks like ZZ Top, TLSP and Beck will be taking those slots. They may be happy to take a lower slot than the general consensus on here would place them but personally I've made my peace with them not being there this year.

Would there be no chance of them playing high up on other stage? I haven't been following other threads about slots. They could definitely sub other stage in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think there's still a good chance of them filling the 'libertines secret slot'.

1 hour ago, Brad2434 said:

Would there be no chance of them playing high up on other stage? I haven't been following other threads about slots. They could definitely sub other stage in my opinion.

Again, those slots are already busy. Bastille, Chvrches, 1975, PJ Harvey all confirmed, all with a decent shout of subbing the Other. I hope I'm wrong and they are on the next poster but at the moment I just can't see where they'd fit. 

1 hour ago, Brad2434 said:

They've been playing arenas on the last tour. They pretty much sold out Manchester Arena which is huge. The standing area sold out months before the gig. If they played the Other, not sure they would sub it.