• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

For the majority of this post you speak much sense. But definitely maybe equally as good as the stone roses???? Noel wishes. That's an outrageous statement.

And I'd even go as far as to say the second coming is better than definitely maybe. But will concede that at the time that would be harder to call.

For me Definitely Maybe is a bona fide classic. Maybe that is due to the fact I grew up with it more than I did the Roses one ( I was 10 when the Roses one came out and 16 when Definitely Maybe came out). Maybe I am not the best to judge the validity of how classic the Oasis debut is and I know this sounds silly but it means more to me than just the music. There are an awful lot of good times and good memories associated with Definitely Maybe. Now I like the Second Coming but I do not think it is a patch on Definitely Maybe.

Joy division = the smiths. Both better than new order.

I am more a New Order fan than either the Smiths or JD. They were my band so to speak, along with Depeche Mode. NO maybe do not have a classic album which is as genuinely strong all the way through as the other 2. But they were far more enjoyable than either of the other two and far more original than both. I know a lot of people consider JD and NO as the same thing, but it took the death of Ian and the sacking of Martin Hannett before Bernard gained more influence and the NO blueprint took shape. It is remarkable how basically 5 (not counting Johhny Marr) musicians were responsible for so much fantastic music (JD,NO,The other 2 and Electronic).

I hope they drop the lineup the second the payment window closes.

I'd kind of rather they didn't do it at midnight as i'll have work in the morning and there's no way i'd be able to sleep (!) but yeah, otherwise agree entirely.

I'd kind of rather they didn't do it at midnight as i'll have work in the morning and there's no way i'd be able to sleep (!) but yeah, otherwise agree entirely.

Ha! I've already checked out this week as I head to Coachella on Wednesday morning. Nothing would make my wait easier than looking over the Glasto lineup until I leave.

So if they're doing it today, I think they'd do it in the morning. The main reason they'd use the last day of the ticket balance window is to remind/encourage people to pay for their tickets, surely. It makes more sense to give them all day than just a few hours by announcing in the evening.

That said, I still don't think it's coming until Thursday.

Snoop was great at Glastonbury. On the same sort of 'pleasant surprise' level as Slash. Feel good afternoon party style.

Snoop was brilliant that day. A very Doggystyle heavy set if I renemeber rightly!

But, it didn't feel that busy. Honestly, I'm not sure anything will compare with The Rolling Stones, was quite unbelievable how big that crowd was. The rest of the sight must of been like a ghost town.

I went to see Snoop and it didn't seem that busy to me. Was quite good fun, I'm not much of a fan but was a good atmosphere. We got quite a good spot for the stones but were there about an hour or so before they came on. Stevie Wonder was the one crown where we couldn't seem to get anywhere near, watched a couple of tracks and then went to see the Levellers at the Glade who were Brilliant..

The biggest crowds I remember were for Prodigy in 97 (although that was my first ever Pyramid headliner so it might not conpare now), Stevie Wonder (had to watch that from the campsite next door it was so busy), the Stones and Dolly. I didn't even want to watch the latter but it took me the length of her set just to get from one side of the field to the other! Nightmare.