The Very Official eFestivals Meet-Up 🎪

eFestivals

8 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Anyone wavering ? 

Me a bit, but not because I don't want to meet people. I have a sort of face-blindness which means I struggle to recognise people, even though I've seen them at previous meets. I do really want to thank the wonderful people who helped us get tickets this year though, so will make a special effort. Please wear avatar t shirts or other identifying items or I'll spend the whole time in mortified embarrassment!

2 hours ago, spg said:

Back when we had the early arrival one on a Wednesday and main one on the Thursday 

Yes I remember that from my 1st festivals 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Me a bit, but not because I don't want to meet people. I have a sort of face-blindness which means I struggle to recognise people, even though I've seen them at previous meets. I do really want to thank the wonderful people who helped us get tickets this year though, so will make a special effort. Please wear avatar t shirts or other identifying items or I'll spend the whole time in mortified embarrassment!

Understand . Some people you might only meet once a year at the fest and then maybe for a few mins . Sometimes it takes me weeks to remember names in real life here we are trying to match , avatars , Efest names , real names with conversations we’ve had on the forum . Everyone in the same position though 

5 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Do not worry about that at all. I am absolutely the same. I’m known for it besides people can change a lot in a year. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Ridge and Furrow bar will be open for everyone just as normal so if you're unsure of who to approach come along, grab a drink and simply mingle or linger on the periphery until you spot someone you recognise, or even anonymously check out some name tags until you see one you know.  None of us bite so much better to introduce yourself to a name you recognise who can then help you out with your own name tag and help you find the folks you want to speak to than missing what will likely be a nice experience 🙂  

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Understand . Some people you might only meet once a year at the fest and then maybe for a few mins . Sometimes it takes me weeks to remember names in real life here we are trying to match , avatars , Efest names , real names with conversations we’ve had on the forum . Everyone in the same position though 

I'd echo this - it'll be my 4th or 5th meet this year, and I think this year will be the one where I actually remember some folks names ahead of seeing their badges 😄 but its never phased me in any way, my other half isnt into the meet (doesn't do online stuff in general) so finds a table at the ridge and furrow and watches the fun from there 🙂

On 5/16/2024 at 1:42 PM, gazzared said:

This year I'll try and be semi sober but doubtful 🍻🍻🍻

I'm only now seeing this thread and the first comment has pretty much summed up my thoughts. Is it too early to apologise to anyone unfortunate enough to end up speaking to me? 😄 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 10:07 PM, Gnomicide said:

For anyone thinking of going alone, please reconsider. Once you get there and start seeing the name tags, you soon realise you're amongst the bunch of freaks you always suspected they were. 

100%. I brought my brother and his girlfriend to last years meet ( @gigpushergot their tickets in resale so if nothing else they had to come and say thanks) and they came away commenting on how amazing everyone was.

They then left and I spoke to a load of people I had never met in person but recognised from the forum. Even if we have nothing else in common in life, we have the festival which we can all spend hours obsessing (and chatting) over.

On 5/17/2024 at 9:15 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Last year's:

Glastonbury 2023 Best  (86).jpeg

Completely forgot this was taken - also didn't realise how many of us were there. More this year please everyone!

On 5/17/2024 at 9:16 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

No idea how I've not seen this before but it's amazing!

On 5/17/2024 at 2:33 PM, The Nal said:

Not arriving unti Wednesday afternoon but will be there if I can make it.

Will you be bringing weather charts?

On 5/17/2024 at 7:45 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Probably a little too new for this. 

Absolutely not, as I said above it was my brothers first evert festival and he couldn't believe how friendly everyone was and how much fun he had. You will enjoy, I promise.

On 5/17/2024 at 9:02 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Always a nervous thing meeting online people and explaining it to the missus lol

The first time I went to one of these was in 2019. I was lucky enough to win 2 tickets off this very site (and then forced beers upon @Neil) at the meet which I'm not sure he even wanted 😄 But I took my wife for her first ever Glastonbury and explained it as "We are going for drinks with some of my Glastonbury forum mates".

Granted she couldn't really say no as she was there off the back of winning tickets through eFests but she genuinely really enjoyed herself and is now friends with people she met. Bring her along!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

100%. I brought my brother and his girlfriend to last years meet ( @gigpushergot their tickets in resale so if nothing else they had to come and say thanks) and they came away commenting on how amazing everyone was.

They then left and I spoke to a load of people I had never met in person but recognised from the forum. Even if we have nothing else in common in life, we have the festival which we can all spend hours obsessing (and chatting) over.

Completely forgot this was taken - also didn't realise how many of us were there. More this year please everyone!

No idea how I've not seen this before but it's amazing!

Will you be bringing weather charts?

Absolutely not, as I said above it was my brothers first evert festival and he couldn't believe how friendly everyone was and how much fun he had. You will enjoy, I promise.

The first time I went to one of these was in 2019. I was lucky enough to win 2 tickets off this very site (and then forced beers upon @Neil) at the meet which I'm not sure he even wanted 😄 But I took my wife for her first ever Glastonbury and explained it as "We are going for drinks with some of my Glastonbury forum mates".

Granted she couldn't really say no as she was there off the back of winning tickets through eFests but she genuinely really enjoyed herself and is now friends with people she met. Bring her along!

if i wasn't keen on beer it can only be cos i didn't much like that beer, not a great choice in that bar. 😞 

you won those tickets after someone else didn't claim them.so i had to redraw a winner(there was a deadline for sending the winner's details). sorting competition tickets wasn't possible after robert richards passed away, he had to ask emily if efests could have competition tickets. thankfully she was always happy for efestivals to be given tickets for a competition, 

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

if i wasn't keen on beer it can only be cos i didn't much like that beer, not a great choice in that bar. 😞 

you won those tickets after someone else didn't claim them.so i had to redraw a winner(there was a deadline for sending the winner's details). sorting competition tickets wasn't possible after robert richards passed away, he had to ask emily if efests could have competition tickets. thankfully she was always happy for efestivals to be given tickets for a competition, 

Really? That's crazy!

It was nervous at the gate when the stewards questioned why my tickets didn't have my picture and just had my name and a number (assume a competition number). Got in eventually but took some explaining.

You're right about the beer too, I do remember you saying you weren't keen on any of them but I was adamant i was getting you a drink and short of offering you some of my incredibly strong rum and coke I was carrying around I didn't have much choice!

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Really? That's crazy!

wasn't just the year that you won that the drawn winner didn't get in touch about their prize, if i recall, similar happened the year that stone circle won the tickets.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

It was nervous at the gate when the stewards questioned why my tickets didn't have my picture and just had my name and a number (assume a competition number). Got in eventually but took some explaining.

You're right about the beer too, I do remember you saying you weren't keen on any of them but I was adamant i was getting you a drink and short of offering you some of my incredibly strong rum and coke I was carrying around I didn't have much choice!

i think the bar was selling Gem, which is a bit dark and heavy for a summer's day and thanks again for the beer you did give me. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

I will definitely be there, assuming no traffic disasters. For those who haven't been before it can be a bit scary going to talk to people you don't know, but within minutes you will make new friends. Have taken non forumites along a few times and they all had a great time and said how nice everyone is. Do it!

• Like 1

I heartily recommend making the effort. I was pretty nervous the first time. It's kind of awkward when nobody recognises your name and also if you don't recognise theirs.. but keep supping on the booze and it gets easier. I have gotten several genuine life friends from these meets- it's really helped my festival having a fair old bunch of -now familiar- faces to spend time with in various spots over the weekend. Yes it is a bit weird to head off to meet a bunch of strangers.. but death is unlikely. If you can get over the nerves you'll find you didn't actually need to be worried. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

Going solo this year so have every intention of showing my face (Glastonbury distractions permitting) despite my very low post count on here over the years! 

Genuinely wouldn't be at all worried about post count. I find I often end up speaking to family members or friends of posters and a lot of us bring family members or friends. In fact I think a lot of the most active posters have never made it to a meet up and a lot of the lurkers go every year.

• Upvote 2

Ideally looking for 1 more person to do sticker duty , just means you write people’s Efest names on stickers so they can be identified . Oh and if you do happen to have an Efest tshirt please do wear it . Just makes the group easier to identify for lurkers