The Park

Avalon_Fields

14 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Going to be Wet Leg all over again!

For it to be moved you would think someone has to drop out given they probably have most slots sorted.

There is always the chance he gets a 2nd slot and that splits things. though running out of options could only be Arcadia now I guess    

26 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Very insightful of you. It's almost as though I was definitely going to go despite not going the last two years because it has been sh*t for a few years and desperately needed someone to inform me what I should do. Thanks. You just saved me from two hours of queueing, then sweating my ass off, being desperate for a piss but unable to leave due to not being able to get back in, when I could just go to the TapHouse and get the same musical experience and vibe with great beers and toilets round the corner. 

Thanks.

I might go based on your recommendation 🙂 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

For it to be moved you would think someone has to drop out given they probably have most slots sorted.

There is always the chance he gets a 2nd slot and that splits things. though running out of options could only be Arcadia now I guess    

Someone on the other place has heard a rumour he is doing Arcadia

Just now, TheDayman said:

Potential Barry Can’t Swim upgrade to a bigger stage leaving us open again for a secret set at the park?

It’ll be chaos at the Park again if they don’t.

I can't imagine they would have included him on this poster if that was the case

33 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Very insightful of you. It's almost as though I was definitely going to go despite not going the last two years because it has been sh*t for a few years and desperately needed someone to inform me what I should do. Thanks. You just saved me from two hours of queueing, then sweating my ass off, being desperate for a piss but unable to leave due to not being able to get back in, when I could just go to the TapHouse and get the same musical experience and vibe with great beers and toilets round the corner. 

Thanks.

Where is this TapHouse? 👀

and when does it close?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I can't imagine they would have included him on this poster if that was the case

Unless they’re still going through the details and don’t want to announce until closer to the time. Likely, he’ll still be on the Park though, for reasons already pointed out above, and it’ll be Wet Legg all over again (that was the absolute pits)

Am I right in thinking Aurora or Sigrid was upgraded a few years back for the same reason? Mind you, I could be completely dreaming that.

15 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Where is this TapHouse? 👀

and when does it close?

On the stretch between Leftfield and the entrance to W Holts.  Used to be the Kasbar.

Don't think it closes early IIRC.  I've been there until 1:00am at least (I think).

20 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah Barry ain’t moving, it’ll just be an absolutely rammed, get there for the act before or don’t bother type set.

He's added another 2 nights at Brixton Academy and mad demand on the pre-sales this morning. Hot ticket. The Park is going to be heaving. Dangerously so. Possibly even busier than Wet Leg. 

19 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Barry Can't Believe his luck considering he's just OK/ good.

Out of upvotes.  Completely agree.  I don't claim to be a dance/DJ aficionado, but sounds bang average to me. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Thanks.

Great move on then, I got in inside 20 minutes. It has been a case of if you want to leave you won't be getting back in easy anyway for years so you're trying to put a point across out of nothing. But either way, good for you, on you go.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gomma give Bazza a swerve I think and see Olivia Dean or Confidence Man instead.

I forgot he's due to clash with Confidence Man - that ought to pull some of the crowd (me for sure - Confidence Man > Barry Can't Swim)