The Clashes: 2024 Edition

BigMarv

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

Fontaines and Jungle my main one, saw Fontaines in 22 though so will go for a dance at WH instead.

Though part of me wonders, if they can do it, if they'll move Fontaines to Saturday to help with that Idles clash. 

Would be fantastic if they do. Peggy Gou Friday night instead.

58 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

+1 for always missing QOTSA. First time Sunday night 2011. Chose The Streets as my friends were going, even though I’d have chosen QOTSA, was glad we did Streets. Second time last year, vs. EJ, I just couldn’t not see Reg.

The Sunday night in 2011 was a four-way clash-spectacular. Beyonce vs QOTSA vs the Streets vs Kool & the Gang. I think I could have chosen any of them and had an awesome night. Luckily, already seen QOTSA at Reading. The others not though, wish I could see the Streets. Their show in 2019 looked MEGA

24 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Is this a definite clash? Another crazy one. Starting to think it's intentional 

Just from the hypothetical Clashfinder as it's filled in at the moment. Other and Park haven't been released yet so both could be on a totally different time. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Dua/IDLES/Fontaines/Jungle/Jaimie XX

- SZA/The National/Justice/James Blake

- Janelle Monae/Alvvays

- Nia Archives/Romy/Orbital

- PJ Harvey/Danny Brown

- Squid/Fat White Family

- Little Simz/Yard Act/Breeders

These would be my picks.  Missing out on Fontaines, SZA, Alvvays, Danny and - to a lesser extent- Yard Act would hurt though. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

peggy gou vs jamie xx vs jungle is something im sure they want to avoid.

DJs are always gonna clash whatever time they play though really. Not too many guitar acts this year so would surely be more favourable not to clash 2 of the biggest they have.

Edited by Euphoricape

5 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I've got so many it is just stupid...

Friday night is the worst : Dua/IDLES/Fontaines/Jungle/Jaimie XX

but other bad ones are

- SZA/The National/Justice/James Blake

- Janelle Monae/Alvvays

- Nia Archives/Romy/Orbital

- PJ Harvey/Danny Brown

- Squid/Fat White Family

- Little Simz/Yard Act/Breeders

As usual I wish I had a time machine so I could keep going back to see all the sets that I can't be there for.

All of these.  Bolded my (potential) choices.  

The National tend to close with the same 5 songs though, so I might split my time and catch the 2nd half of Sza. 

6 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

awww man, hadn't clocked that one.

Simz > The Streets. By a mile. In all honesty, The Streets are massively overrated. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

Fontaine's / Idles / Jamie xx / Jungle !

Only going off the tickets sold for their Manchester dates but Idles 3rd night at the Apollo (3.5k) hasn't sold out yet, Fontaines 3 nights at Aviva (5k) sold out in a couple of days

I really think they’ve messed up the idles booking. I think they are a great band and great live etc but it’s too big a slot. Would expect  much bigger artist there 

Edited by Ncahir94

9 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

I really think they’ve messed up the idles booking. I think they are a great band and great live etc but it’s too big a slot. Would expect  much bigger artist there 

They were a last minute booking apparently. No idea who dropped out but one of Idles said they were still signing contracts as late as the week before the lineup release. I think they’ll pull a decent crowd as an alternative to Dua, but yeah, clearly not first choice, and the Fontaines clash is a baffling one. 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

They were a last minute booking apparently. No idea who dropped out but one of Idles said they were still signing contracts as late as the week before the lineup release. I think they’ll pull a decent crowd as an alternative to Dua, but yeah, clearly not first choice, and the Fontaines clash is a baffling one. 

Guess work but I reckon SZA was headlining Other and got bumped up when Stevie fell through, leaving the door open for IDLES.