Best keepsakes you've ever found or bought at the festival?

glast0gal

As the title suggests, have you ever bought, found, or been given something at the festival that stands out to you? A favourite tea towel or tote design, perhaps? Have you ever caught a drum stick, plectrum or set list after a legendary set? Tell all!

Mine has to be a hand-painted horseshoe I bought from a lady in the Atchin Tan space in the T&C fields. It's absolutely beautiful and always makes me feel like I'm being looked after.

• Like 1

The fairly standard wooden mushroom, which was dipped in mud and driven home to go on the mantelpiece - where its remained since 2005, and itll be his 19th anniversary this summer! Mud is still present on his nose.

Every year i look at the candle powered little boats and say i'm going to buy one, despite not really having a vessel that would show it off to its best - and it wasnt even there last year so the (ahem) ship may have already sailed, so to speak 

I bought a (now quite rare) t-shirt at the festival in 1992 (or 1993).  It was quite dear at the time so took a bit of deciding before I bought it.  I have worn it to every festival since!

I have a managed to find a spare over the years, but they do fetch a fair price now.

image.png.b4996ae307a1a760c22b595a797376ab.png

image.png.5d9ad5805931654fb91a1861ede56296.png

• Like 2

Almost the opposite for me.

Gave my white top hat (that I've had for ages) to the youngster sitting on her dad's shoulders towards the end of Elton last year. Didn't see that I'd need it again and she was enamored. The beaming smile (once her mom said is was OK to take it) will be my keepsake.

• Like 5

2 from 2010.

I made a copper bangle in green crafts. Never wear it but have loads of affection for it.

I broke 2 fingers playing in the efests/Wateraid football World Cup. Now have disfigured knuckles and arthritis. Slightly less affection, but still a good memory.

• Thanks 1

After going way too hard on the festivities on the two nights in the lead up to my first Glastonbury in 2008 and then going hard the Wednesday and Thursday upon arrival I spent a fair amount of time climbing round my tent over the weekend with no idea what I was doing. As a result, I still had a fair few quid left on Monday morning and took a walk round the stalls to buy a few souvenirs etc. One such purchase was a large hand carved wooden Buddha statue who has been with me ever since and is currently perched beneath the TV in our living room.

We’ve got huge boxes full of wristbands, tickets, beer cups, hats, a stone from the path where our tent was, documents, programmes, t shirts, sweat shirts, print offs of clashfinders, photos, guardian bags, free press papers, Coldplay wristbands, the wee handy guide, bag of mud scraped off a trolley, etc etc.

Just boxes full of memories.  And pride of place a photo of me and Michael😊!

I made a little clay version of my dog last year, left him to dry over the weekend and went back on Sunday to pick him up. Friends stayed at the pyramid so was on my own, stopped for a pizza on the way and ate it in the sunshine taking everything in. Happy times. The eyes have fell off now and his head is no longer attached but I love it! 

• Like 1

Nice question!  This.
i got two of them. A food can with holes in it. You put a tea light in them. Looks lovely in the dark. I think I bought it in the early 2000s, up JazzWorld / Avalon way if I remember correctly.

B41A2FB5-4E6D-4B61-AB53-FB85C5367576.jpeg

Edited by Watergirl

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

love this .... if its from beneath the stage and is Yellow we know whos been stood on it 🙂 

LOL no, I went down to the site off season and there were some workmen digging a trench to the Pyramid. I asked if I could take some of the turf and they said yes. Can't really tell it from the rest of the lawn now but I know it's there.

I bought these in 2007 from Ian Gill Sculpture in The Greenfields. One is a stork and the other is an acorn leaf bird bath. My mum died in 2006 and my dad gave me her secret money stash he found in her purse. These both represent my mum, the stork being the carrier of babies and she carried me. And one of her sayings was "From Little Acorns, Mighty Oak Trees Grow". They always make me think of her even after all this time! 💗

Screenshot_20240419-194847.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

So a few years back in the pyramid field I was approached by a couple of people had taken their friends to the festival in Lego form as they were unable to make it that year . They took a photo of their friends on the pyramid stage (hat ) and seemed delighted about it . I thought it lovely at the time and is a memory for me and hopefully them too . Hopefully in some way a keepsake but maybe not in a physical form 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I bought these in 2007 from Ian Gill Sculpture in The Greenfields. One is a stork and the other is an acorn leaf bird bath. My mum died in 2006 and my dad gave me her secret money stash he found in her purse. These both represent my mum, the stork being the carrier of babies and she carried me. And one of her sayings was "From Little Acorns, Mighty Oak Trees Grow". They always make me think of her even after all this time! 💗

Screenshot_20240419-194847.png

That’s absolutely lovely, what a really special link to both the festival and your late mum x

• Thanks 1

I have a gorgeous wooden oak peace sign bought in the Greenfields, a black A3 Stanley Donwood print of the Pyramid stage from the Glastonbury Free Press (£10 bargain!) and a key ring from the Glastonbury Forge who were in The Park. 

Edited by phillyfaddle

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We’ve got huge boxes full of wristbands, tickets, beer cups, hats, a stone from the path where our tent was, documents, programmes, t shirts, sweat shirts, print offs of clashfinders, photos, guardian bags, free press papers, Coldplay wristbands, the wee handy guide, bag of mud scraped off a trolley, etc etc.

Just boxes full of memories.  And pride of place a photo of me and Michael😊!

I've got tons of wristbands, programmes, mini guides, bags, plus many many t  shirts and fleeces across the decades, but I don't think for the first decade or two. 

Also got all sorts of wee badges, furry hats or shades people gave me around the campfire. 

FB_IMG_1713562912025.jpg

5 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Nice question!  This.
i got two of them. A food can with holes in it. You put a tea light in them. Looks lovely in the dark. I think I bought it in the early 2000s, up JazzWorld / Avalon way if I remember correctly.

B41A2FB5-4E6D-4B61-AB53-FB85C5367576.jpeg

I bought a couple of them one year - not sure where they are now - probably rusting away in my rat infested shed. But they were pretty when lit up 😀

I always buy a pair of earrings from the market. One year ( 1999) i found a pyramid shaped pair of turquoise stone silver earrings which I loved. Sadly I lost one of them over the years so I kept looking for something similar each year but haven’t found one similar. Still have a lovely selection now of different earrings that I’ve bought at Glastonbury over the years. 

9 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Every year i look at the candle powered little boats and say i'm going to buy one, despite not really having a vessel that would show it off to its best - and it wasnt even there last year so the (ahem) ship may have already sailed, so to speak 

As far as I can recall, the only 'items' that I have bought from a Glastonbury non food and drink stall were those small tin candle powered boats.* I have bought many of those boats and have lost them all. They were never in my possession for very long before they went the way of the previous boats. Where they all sailed off to I know not.

* - With the exception of buying some mushrooms (legally) from a stall holder one year.

• Like 1